Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

Funny how we were all comfortable when we were shipping all those players out “Don’t worry, because of the effects of Covid, there will be plenty of decent players to pick up cheap” Now the manager is pointing to the effects of Covid hindering our attempts to sign people Is this another miscalculation?

This^^^^

So much BS surrounding our club. Oh well, we are all family according to some!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hunter said:

Style of play monk is going to play this season really doesn't matter, as long as we are not relegated this season then that would beat watching attractive football and going down

My preference would be good football of course, given the option but not at the expense of results. Ultimately I want to see us win. 

• Love 1

20 minutes ago, Hunter said:

Style of play monk is going to play this season really doesn't matter, as long as we are not relegated this season then that would beat watching attractive football and going down

In a way though it does matter, top clubs won’t lend us their promising youngsters if we are asking them to play hoofball Plus it makes my eyes bleed

• Like 1

6 hours ago, davey_wells said:

Since then did the club ever talk about covid meaning there will be loads of cheap players around?

They didn’t, but a few on here have, so it becomes club policy after a few pages

Quiet this week, maybe a deliberate act to maintain focus on the training camp and team bonding. 

Hopefully, we have a couple lined up to join next week. I'm getting rather nervous about our lack of goal threat right now. Be interested to see who we play up front vs Leicester 

17 hours ago, The Night-Owl said:

Hope he chooses to come back here, sounds as though he would want to but I thought the same about Hector last pre-season. Still hope Murphy will come back here on loan but if not I'd go for someone similar on loan from the top flight. Murphy was a good fit last season, once he got going, he might thrive even more alongside the new signings. 

The sort of loan signings we need to try get back, fit and not injury prone like our January ones.

Coming in and being involved in 39 games is the big point for me scored a few an chipped in with some assists, so all in all a good contribution from the lad. We need people that will improve us and play games which this lad did. 

1 hour ago, striker said:

Quiet this week, maybe a deliberate act to maintain focus on the training camp and team bonding. 

Hopefully, we have a couple lined up to join next week. I'm getting rather nervous about our lack of goal threat right now. Be interested to see who we play up front vs Leicester 

George hirst on loan coming to the rescue....... lol

• Haha 1

After listening to Monks interview yesterday I'd be surprised if we make more than two more signings, Windass and A N Other.

Might just be Windass.

No way

If we have incomings, Monk would want them in yesterday

The sooner they begin to integrate the better

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.