Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

In theory maybe, in reality he won’t be needed. He can play left wing back, but isn’t particularly effective there. If we don’t bring anyone in, and I think we will, Penney is a better fit there, and even Harris and Palmer have been used ahead of him. Midfield, with his strong running, possibly this is an area where he could have been useful, but again, I’ve never seen him put in a decent performance in midfield. His best position is out wide in a different system, but can we really justify keeping him around for the odd occasion we might switch systems For his sake as well, I think he needs a fresh start at a club where he might be a better fit

To get a player of his quality would cost us, far better he stops here, as I say if gets a run in the side he will be hard to dislodge. 

• Like 2

Guest Kagoshimaowl
10 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

To be fair to Reach, when he plays on on the left wing in a 442 then a lot of our goals come through him.

He has regressed but he could come back again if used correctly. But as you say if he was to move to a fresh club I think he would excel.

Might be needed up front at this rate. Least he’s tall

38 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Lowe is a very good player. A bargain at 500k. Would love him here. 

My thoughts too. TBF Wigan holding out at present for 750k but they need to sell. Can't think he's out of our wage range, however I suppose if he went to PNE he wouldn't need to relocate. We've clearly been looking at Wigan players  and we don't seem to be linked.

18 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

To be fair to Reach, when he plays on on the left wing in a 442 then a lot of our goals come through him.

He has regressed but he could come back again if used correctly. But as you say if he was to move to a fresh club I think he would excel.

I think it's an Owlstalk myth that Reach only contributes when playing on the left of a 442. Take a look at his contribution by position below, maybe what goes against him is the fact wherever he plays he contributes, and contributes at a rate thats better than most:

image.png.f87b513cec8ae99ad416cd9fe408d529.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Hooper-was better, correctly released as very injury prone. Windass a better option now.

Fletcher-is better I agree, was offered a new contract but rejected us (personally I'm glad as he is very injury prone). Windass a better option now.

Forestieri-was better, is very poor now, unfit and very injury prone, attitude is disgusting, glad he's gone. Windass a better option now.

Joao-agree, but needed to sell for ffp purposes.

Nuhiu-totally disagree, windass is far fitter and will score more goals. Windass all day long

Winnall (possibly)-Never! Useless fat 2-hat, Windass all day long.

All better than Windass. Sorry, disagree

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

My thoughts too. TBF Wigan holding out at present for 750k but they need to sell. Can't think he's out of our wage range, however I suppose if he went to PNE he wouldn't need to relocate. We've clearly been looking at Wigan players  and we don't seem to be linked.

personally think even 750k is a very good deal for him. Perhaps we could put a bid in for him and Morsy. Would both be excellent signings imo. Just read it looks like Swansea have won the race to sign Lowe 😞

Edited by WalthamOwl

Derby County want to sign ex-Peterborough United man Marcus Maddison, as per a report by Football Insider. 

The Rams are considering a move for him as they look to boost their attacking options.

Maddison, who is 26 years old, is a free agent after being released by Peterborough at the end of last season. He is also wanted by Major League Soccer side FC Cincinnati, who are managed by former Reading boss Jaap Stam, as well as Belgian side Zulte Waregem.

2 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Derby County want to sign ex-Peterborough United man Marcus Maddison, as per a report by Football Insider. 

The Rams are considering a move for him as they look to boost their attacking options.

Maddison, who is 26 years old, is a free agent after being released by Peterborough at the end of last season. He is also wanted by Major League Soccer side FC Cincinnati, who are managed by former Reading boss Jaap Stam, as well as Belgian side Zulte Waregem.

very talented lad. Would have him here. 

8 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Swansea really are making some impressive signings. 

They are, but its quite a short term strategy reliant on promotion to pay off. 

Mostly loans from EPL which ususlly involve loan fees and big wages, so not a cheap option and no asset value at the end.  

Good players though. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, beswetherick said:

Can see them going up this season

I can't, promotion is Bournemouth/Watford's to lose considering their overwhelming financial advantage.

Also think Norwich will be strong and recent experience of this league will help. 

• Like 2

Guest gizowl
2 minutes ago, striker said:

I can't, promotion is Bournemouth/Watford's to lose considering their overwhelming financial advantage.

Also think Norwich will be strong and recent experience of this league will help. 

Agree would be very surprised if these  3 aren't in the final top 6.

53 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

I think it's an Owlstalk myth that Reach only contributes when playing on the left of a 442. Take a look at his contribution by position below, maybe what goes against him is the fact wherever he plays he contributes, and contributes at a rate thats better than most:

image.png.f87b513cec8ae99ad416cd9fe408d529.png

it’s quite easy to make certain players look good if you use their career stats they make Giles de bilde look like a world beater.

most of his out of position games came early on in his career Whilst on loan in lower divisions hes utterly woeful here unless played on the left in a four man midfield.

he falls into the same category as forestieri because of the one really good season we seem to forget he’s been terrible for the other 3 seasons and everyone wants to live in hope that he can get that form back

for some reason we seem to want to shoe horn players into positions They can’t play rather then get rid and get someone who can actually play that position and build a team.

weve tried him left wing back and left back awful central midfield even worse left midfield decent it looks like we aren’t going to play with a left midfielder so the obvious answer is get rid.

• Like 1

Guest Kagoshimaowl
2 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Was just about to post this. What’s the obsession with centre backs when we are crying out for strikers and a keeper.

Guest wilyfox
5 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Was just about to post this. What’s the obsession with centre backs when we are crying out for strikers and a keeper.

with Fox gone and JVA free to leave it’s  inevitable we’ll sign a left-sided centre-half to compete with Börner, hence links with Liam Lindsay and now Jake Clarke-Salter. The latter made a very good impression at Brum last season.