Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

18 hours ago, deano said:

Whilst Monk has done nothing to install any confidence, for me, he will know we need to add goals to the team. We need a Glenn Murray type player as a Monk team is never going to create many chances via creative football. 

Though we still have our main creative outlet for the last few years and have also added the creative assist monster (if he stays fit) izzy brown. So plenty of creativity there bud. 

My worry is having to rely on the "dud" Rhodes to take the chances we create as we have very few players known for putting the ball in the net. 

2 minutes ago, modboy said:

i can see players wanting to not move house though due to covid. Here is an opportunity to tap into Leeds, the Manchester clubs etc for loans

Leeds would be a very good shout, we can offer them Westwood lol

Seriously though they'll have a quite a few players who are going to be up to Premier league football that have experience in this league they need to try get rid of either loans or hopefully on the cheap. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

After listening to Monks interview yesterday I'd be surprised if we make more than two more signings, Windass and A N Other.

Might just be Windass.

In my 50 plus years of watching wednesday, that is one of the most depressing things I’ve ever read. We simply cannot go into next season with this squad plus windlass and -12. That would see us relegated by Christmas 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Just now, Plonk said:

In my 50 plus years of watching wednesday, that is one of the most depressing things I’ve ever read. We simply cannot go into next season with this squad plus windlass and -12. That would see us relegated by Christmas 

You got the same sentence as me then.  

That's how his interview came across to me, really hope I interrupted it wrongly.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Inclined to agree. Even without -12 it would be a struggle.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

Leeds would be a very good shout, we can offer them Westwood lol

Seriously though they'll have a quite a few players who are going to be up to Premier league football that have experience in this league they need to try get rid of either loans or hopefully on the cheap. 

Huddersfield will get first refusal for Leeds loans etc with Bielsa’s old coach now manager there

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

No way

If we have incomings, Monk would want them in yesterday

The sooner they begin to integrate the better

That was my initial thinking, but then thought all the work on the group as a unit was important, a couple of fresh faces waiting at Middlewood Road on Monday would be a lift and a good time to integrate. 

39 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

After listening to Monks interview yesterday I'd be surprised if we make more than two more signings, Windass and A N Other.

Might just be Windass.

Tend to agree, think he was hopeful of Leko, but doesn't sound like he's keen and we're still waiting for Newcastle to make their mind up on Murphy.

We desperately need a proper centre forward though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shezzas left peg said:

George hirst on loan coming to the rescue....... lol

As ridiculous as it sounds, despite the controversy I could see this happening.

We could potentially get Hirst on loan for the season with no fee and them paying his wages as a sort of compensation for the way he transferred. The friendly on Saturday would suggest things have been sorted between the two clubs... You never know!

He'd have to score sht loads for many fans to accept him back though.

• Like 2

Watched a bit of the Leicester Brum friendly and all I saw Hirst do was run into a CB and the CB didn’t move a millimetre, miss a sitter header from a corner, make an absolutely obis mall first touch in the box and get brushed off the ball by another CB. He’s bigger than before, but still a little boy really and he will be in defenders back pockets all game if he plays in the Championship.

6 minutes ago, JackSWFC said:

Watched a bit of the Leicester Brum friendly and all I saw Hirst do was run into a CB and the CB didn’t move a millimetre, miss a sitter header from a corner, make an absolutely obis mall first touch in the box and get brushed off the ball by another CB. He’s bigger than before, but still a little boy really and he will be in defenders back pockets all game if he plays in the Championship.

I didn't see the game but this doesn't surprise me. I wouldn't want him here, not because of his past but because I don't think he's got it. (A quote which might one day be up there with 'You don't win owt wi kids' - but I doubt it)

20 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

They will sell him for £10m in a years time then.

Most likely yes  It’s a fair bet, if we just watch which strikers Peterborough are linked with, and then gazump them, we’ll be onto a winner

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Millwall set to sign Mason Bennett (who we where linked with) and Scott Malone from Derby. 

Millwall look like they’re putting together a decent squad under Rowett, also signed Ryan Woods on a permanent who could’ve been a decent option for us in midfield.

• Like 1

Have we had any rumours on the strikers front the quietness on any transfers is somewhat worrying.

I will be interest to see if there are any trialist when we play Leicester at the week end, when you see the success Sheff Utd have had picking up good free agents over the years it makes you wonder why we are so bad at it.