Alex Hunt - Nothing Compares 2 U

1 hour ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

Loved his half volley from 30 yards.

Was willing him to have a dig. Imagine the scenes if it went in.

lol

I was willing that f@cker in too. Clearly not enough collective mind power between us.... lolPleased he had a crack at it though. 

Edited by Morepork

32 minutes ago, cowl said:

It's the level of the first team he's not quite up to yet.

20 minutes ago, Ferkorf said:

I said hes way off first team level.

As in the starting 11...

But I guess you knew that and are just being arsey because you dont like my opinion .... lol

no not getting it sorry 

Monk has picked him in the first team squad and had the confidence to put him on to replace a established player 

2 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

no not getting it sorry 

Monk has picked him in the first team squad and had the confidence to put him on to replace a established player 

So every player that has ever been picked for the first team is at the level of performance required for the first team merely by virtue of the fact they've been picked?

Were all the kids Luhukay started picking last season at first team level? We've barely seen them since. In fact, I believe Hunt's appearance tonight is the first of that batch since Luhukay left with the exception of Thorniley (who's 23 after all).

He's 19. It's not like by saying he's not ready yet that it's being said he'll never be ready.

We brought him on because we had to due to an injury and the fact that all three central mids that started the last league game weren't even on the bench tonight. Otherwise he wouldn't all of a sudden have been making an appearance.

I believe the coaching staff do rate him highly, and obviously I hope he'll continue to progress, but as things stand right now he's not at the level.

If you want to ignore the way Eze waltzed past him to allow QPR's first shot on target, for example, then I'm just glad you're not picking the team. I don't doubt, by the way, that the coaching staff certainly will be pointing this lapse out to him. Could have been very costly.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Thought mascot was coming on. Did ok though.

When the young lad came on v wba last year as they brought Barry on it was heartbreaking. 

That wasn't Hunt, it was Kirby who is currently on loan with Macclesfield in L2 and getting a lot of game time there.

7 hours ago, cowl said:

So every player that has ever been picked for the first team is at the level of performance required for the first team merely by virtue of the fact they've been picked?

Were all the kids Luhukay started picking last season at first team level? We've barely seen them since. In fact, I believe Hunt's appearance tonight is the first of that batch since Luhukay left with the exception of Thorniley (who's 23 after all).

He's 19. It's not like by saying he's not ready yet that it's being said he'll never be ready.

We brought him on because we had to due to an injury and the fact that all three central mids that started the last league game weren't even on the bench tonight. Otherwise he wouldn't all of a sudden have been making an appearance.

I believe the coaching staff do rate him highly, and obviously I hope he'll continue to progress, but as things stand right now he's not at the level.

If you want to ignore the way Eze waltzed past him to allow QPR's first shot on target, for example, then I'm just glad you're not picking the team. I don't doubt, by the way, that the coaching staff certainly will be pointing this lapse out to him. Could have been very costly.

Like all the kids coming through he will need nursing. Bring him along slowly. A sub appearance here and there, start him in the odd one, then give him a run of 2 or 3. Don't over tax him, keep him bubbling , wanting more.

Do it the right way and he will be a good player, burn him out and he won't.

As fans we always want our own lads to break through but we need to be patient and supportive. 

7 hours ago, cowl said:

So basically you are saying that Monk got it wrong even having him in the squad? Because if he didn’t think he was up to the job why was he there at all ? 
and as for the cheap shot about Eze supposedly waltzing past him !

he has done that a lot this season to so called Championship regulars so are they all poor players?

10 hours ago, Emerson Thome said:

Thought we were bringing Sinead O'Connor on for Hutch for a minute.

But a couple of nice touches and got stuck in as well. Well played that man.

Made a nervous start, but settled into the game quickly and did very well. 

• Like 2

Pleased for the lad. Also pleased the manager is easing them  in and having a look at them in the right way. 

Thought he did ok and didn't look overawed. Like a lot of lads he needs to fill out a bit. 

Well done to the him. 

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

He really looked small and underage when he came on, but was not afraid to want the ball and do things. I'd say a very good appearance because of that. He just needs some more muscle, although it could be that his frame just isn't one that will grow so he'll just have to be quicker, more agile and smarter to compensate.