Are we taken for granted

20 minutes ago, Mr. Tom said:

Transport to/from London for a couple of thousand people? Doubt there’s a dedicated travel company that’d take that on, much less a football club. Crikey.

Rotherham Owls are taking a coach 

Image result for coach trip gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, tashton said:

The travel mentioned was s certain club paying for a coach, that's all. Don't know full details, it was just an example. But seeing as though I'm getting rather alot of sarcastic remarks, the owners of this site may want to remove the whole post. There are some people on here who obviously just like to take the pxxx

U ok hun? DM me if you need to talk x

1 hour ago, tashton said:

The travel mentioned was s certain club paying for a coach, that's all. Don't know full details, it was just an example. But seeing as though I'm getting rather alot of sarcastic remarks, the owners of this site may want to remove the whole post. There are some people on here who obviously just like to take the pxxx

You're new to Owlstalk aren't you?

lol

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, tashton said:

Just seen a post on twitter about what we get back as supporters as a way of thanks for such brilliant away support. He was talking about 3000 fans going to qpr on a Friday night, little or no trains back etc and on the back of a heavy defeat.  Other clubs have done things as a show of gratitude ranging from travel to a free pie or pint or even vouchers at one club. And it got me trying to remember if we as owls supporters ever had that or are we in danger of being taken for granted.... Thoughts?

yes - do you want a 10 year season ticket?

12 hours ago, tashton said:

Just seen a post on twitter about what we get back as supporters as a way of thanks for such brilliant away support. He was talking about 3000 fans going to qpr on a Friday night, little or no trains back etc and on the back of a heavy defeat.  Other clubs have done things as a show of gratitude ranging from travel to a free pie or pint or even vouchers at one club. And it got me trying to remember if we as owls supporters ever had that or are we in danger of being taken for granted.... Thoughts?

No thought s really except I think it's an idiotic post

Well I for one applaud all those who will be making the effort, would have loved to have gone had it been a Saturday still.  Any way I will be watching on the tellybox with a bottle of wine, and if I can hear our lot coming over well will give a hearty well done and raise my glass.

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

I don't think we as a club are in a position to give out freebies atm. I think those clubs giving stuff away ,free travel etc are mostly rich premier teams.

A couple of years ago the club put out free scarves for the first game of the season and people just went round holding them.

Going to games is a choice, not compulsory. I for one expect nothing in return except 100% commitment from the team, although that appears to be lacking atm.

Of course our support is taken for granted.

Sell out almost all away games 

20 thousand season ticket holders 

While we have been garbage for the majority of the last 50 years!!

We have a real loyal, hardcore, passionate set of supporters that far too often is the one thing that makes you proud of the club 

Should the loyalty be recognised and rewarded? Possibly 

Will the club ever do it? Nope!!

12 hours ago, tashton said:

Going to away games isn't compulsary, you are under ne pressure to go, the club welcome away support, but the choice is yours.

I must admit. With the early renewal date, I do wonder what the incentive is. Don’t get me wrong I’ve renewed anyway, and will continue to do so until i’m unable to.  But it would be nice if us long suffering fans, who renew without question year after year, got a little something by way of a good gesture every now and again - a discount on a shirt, a voucher or a key ring or something. Anything really, to show they care about their fans. 

I’m not normally someone who’s bothered about this sort of thing, but It’s grated on me recently.  There isn’t a great deal of gratitude towards fans at S6 anymore.  Go to S6 on a match day and everyone from the stewards to the bar staff are miserable and basically just grunt at you.  And then you watch the team put in a drab performance without much effort, and I wonder why I do it week in week out. 

Dont get me wrong, I probably wouldn’t give a crap if we were sat at the top of the league.