Are we taken for granted

2 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

We've sold 3000 but only 1800 or so will turn up.

Quite a lot will have bought cheaper tickets to get 10 priority points with no intention of attending.

Priority points in anticipation of what? We won’t be in the mix for anything this year 

I can't doubt we have about the best away support in the Championship (other than weeds) but I also don't really get why it's such a great thing. Essentially we give the most money to other clubs!!! (FA cup excluded, whereby it's shared) and while you'd think a large, vocal backing would inspire a team to perform better, does it?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

We've sold 3000 but only 1800 or so will turn up.

Quite a lot will have bought cheaper tickets to get 10 priority points with no intention of attending.

Yeah... I think you're quite wrong. Maybe a handful have done that.

Guest LittleG
16 hours ago, tashton said:

The travel mentioned was s certain club paying for a coach, that's all. Don't know full details, it was just an example. But seeing as though I'm getting rather alot of sarcastic remarks, the owners of this site may want to remove the whole post. There are some people on here who obviously just like to take the pxxx

Chin up pal but you're going to have to get used to the sarcasm and pi** taking. 

We go cos we want to...end of.

I think our away support is great, and its a thing to be proud of, but all this "look at me, wearin' me hair shirt" is total nads...

Fans go cos they want to...The only time fans will change football, be it pricing, structure or players or agents  wages is when...

We don't go.. when we  want to.

A football fans worst enemy is usually himself, closely followed by other football fans.

Sure owls fans deserve recognition for a following that would be hard to beat by anyone after 2 decades of what we have had...but...I still go cos i want to

Edited by asteener1867
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

We go cos we want to...end of.

I think our away support is great, and its a thing to be proud of, but all this "look at me, wearin' me hair shirt" is total nads...

Fans go cos they want to...The only time fans will change football, be it pricing, structure or players or agents  wages is when...

We don't go.. when we  want to.

A football fans worst enemy is usually himself, closely followed by other football fans.

Sure owls fans deserve recognition for a following that would be hard to beat by anyone after 2 decades of what we have had...but...I still go cos i want to

Slightly disagree 

More often than not our strong core of support go when they don’t want to!

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Do they bllx mate..............

So you’ve wanted to go to every single match you’ve been to? I know I and many many others haven’t. It’s sometimes a mix of stubbornness, commitment and blind faith. 

It’s hard work at times and that’s why I admire people that do it (of all clubs) 

5 minutes ago, torres said:

So you’ve wanted to go to every single match you’ve been to? I know I and many many others haven’t. It’s sometimes a mix of stubbornness, commitment and blind faith. 

It’s hard work at times and that’s why I admire people that do it (of all clubs) 

You said more often than not !

18 hours ago, tashton said:

The travel mentioned was s certain club paying for a coach, that's all. Don't know full details, it was just an example. But seeing as though I'm getting rather alot of sarcastic remarks, the owners of this site may want to remove the whole post. There are some people on here who obviously just like to take the pxxx

Once you have been using this site for a while you will come to realise a lot of poster's are on the wind up , don't take it personally mate it's the Owlstalk way