Forestieris Attitude.

21 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Forestieri in attitude shock horror. Who knew?! Well...pretty much everybody. We've seen it all before. 

You're right, we have. Those posting on here & seeking to justify his attitude by claiming that he's narked at being overlooked are as bad as he is. There's no excuse for not being prepared to do your bit when called upon...if you think that there is then your part of the reason why he thinks he can get away with it. Face facts, he's a shadow of the player he once was.

48 minutes ago, N0rtherner said:

Don't think you watched the game, most called for him to come on at half time but he didn't... and we conceded. Comes on after 10 minutes, and changed the game from there and until the end. We never looked a threat to Brum(!!!) until he started challenging them and getting past them.

I wouldn't agree with that bit entirely, to me he didn't really do much until he swapped onto the left wing with Harris. Then I agree he changed the game.

2 hours ago, sonofbert2 said:

I think the rumour of him going in January to Italy is true.  

Wouldn't surprise me at all. Think the racism case and the fact the EFL ignored the not guilty verdict has totally peed him off with the English game 

2 hours ago, fitz44 said:

I am not a Forestieri must play advocate, and find the calls for him to come on just after half time every week embarrassing , but when he did come on last night he gave us much more threat in the opposing half and looked really up for the fight. I hope Monk will judge him on that and give him a start. What's to lose a.t.m. ?

He can't start a game because he won't have his shin pads etc on until five minutes after we've kicked off :duntmatter:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bulgaria said:

Its quite obvious that FF has no future at Hillsborough.  

He will be gone asap, which i think is the best solution all round. Just watching him is like watching a different player from 3 years ago. He needs to move and we need some cash!!

I can see a foreign team offering 1 million for him in January. 

And yet the game only became exciting once he came on. Yes let’s got rid and stick with the flaccid tail football monk obviously prefers

Ive yet to see him sulk "ON" the pitch, and tbh thats what matters to me.

Monk can say all he likesabout training, but when he came on yesterday he was competing up and down the flank, causing them problems, spraying good balls out to Harris, running 60 yds with the ball from defence, whistling one past the post.

What do we want?....I don't watch him in training.. He can ride his f.ookin' bike around middlewood all morning , if he plays like that on game day...as can the rest of 'em

Edited by asteener1867
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, owlsdreamer said:

Don't know whether he has been treated fairly or unfairly but last night he would have been down the tunnel if I had been Monk.

Told him he was coming on,Weaver whistled him twice down the line and Forestieri ignored him.

Then Bullen was shouting him and you could see he also was being ignored,

One of the subs had to go down the line to tell him and then he spent a good 3 mins messing about changing shorts ,shirt etc.

If he doesn't want to play he should not be on the bench.

Get rid.

That's exactly what happened i watched the same thing and pointed it out to others. 

2 hours ago, owlsdreamer said:

Don't know whether he has been treated fairly or unfairly but last night he would have been down the tunnel if I had been Monk.

Told him he was coming on,Weaver whistled him twice down the line and Forestieri ignored him.

Then Bullen was shouting him and you could see he also was being ignored,

One of the subs had to go down the line to tell him and then he spent a good 3 mins messing about changing shorts ,shirt etc.

If he doesn't want to play he should not be on the bench.

Get rid.

I watched it  - He was fully sprinting back and forth - probs trying to get warmed up as quick as possible

I witnessed it last night as well. From what I could tell they wanted FF to come on quickly, fair enough. But obviously FF wanted to do some stretches and warm up first, again fair enough (given not so long ago he was out injured for a while) 

For all the waving of their arms, Bullen/Weaver or whoever it was could quite easily have walked down the line and had a word...instead they chose to have a strop. 

Don’t think it’s a big deal personally - people don’t have to get along all of the time. 

Edited by bigdan2003

8 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

He’s our best player by some distance it’s not even funny. He was superb when he came on but people are upset he didn’t hug Harris. Moronic the lot of you 

This.

We will miss him when he leaves and we have a team of mediocre workhorse players with not an ounce of imagination between them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sheriwozgod said:

As a club we have been hopeless at handling this type of player for years now, think back to our fans all saying on here how much better we will be as a TEAM once Antonio, Brunt, etc leave, and they do it now with FF and BB.

I realise that this type of player can be high maintenance, but honestly i think a large section of our fans won`t be happy until we have a squad full of Buxton, Fox, Palmer, Pelupessy types..................and as soon as that happens they will be bemoaning the fact that we dont have any "X factor"

i think it is obvious that he is leaving in January and plenty on here will be happy at that and whilst FF hasnt helped himself at times , i for one will be sorry to see him go.

Hardly comparable. I don't recall Antonio or Brunt ever having an attitude problem and they were both young players at the start of their careers. 

FF has courted controversy as every opportunity during his time here. And hes also at the back end of his career.

Not saying we shouldn't use him whilst he's here. But he's a stop gap solution at best. He will leave at the end if the season if not before.