Forestieris Attitude.

3 hours ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Its a trait of modern footballers that they never seem ready to come on when required. Not got their shinpads on, wrong boots, shirt not on. Maybe a fine would encourage players to be better prepared.

This all day long for me ^^^^^^

Its a source of real frustration for me.  In my day as sub you were fully kitted out ready to go when called.  Just whip your tracksuit off and your on!

These days, remove designer hat and snood, take gloves of, remove quilted jacket and trainers, search for boots and shin pads, cut feet off socks, wrap a couple of miles of tape round your legs, remove training top, don shirt with your name on it, have a drink, receive 5 minutes of instructions, stand on the line for 5 minutes waiting to get on, wait 5 more for subbed player to inch off.  Put gloves back on and trot into the action.  Hate subs.

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

4 hours ago, acquiescefc said:

He was one of the last off the pitch during warm up. 

Ran his little fat legs off when he came on and made a massive difference. 

But yeah let's criticise his attitude when he's not being picked in the 11

Absolutely this.

Makes you fuc**n laugh on here.

Soon as he came on the entire dynamic changed. 

He was chasing spraying passes around & generally causing chaos for the Brum defence. He brought much needed energy to the proceedings & nearly contributed to us taking all 3 points when it had never looked likely before he came on.

But no, let’s force him out, let’s replace him with some boring, no ambition, drone of a player with no personality at all. 

Probably fit in well around these parts.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Its a trait of modern footballers that they never seem ready to come on when required. Not got their shinpads on, wrong boots, shirt not on. Maybe a fine would encourage players to be better prepared.

It’s not just me then that gets hacked off with this?

Player gets injured, and we play with 10 men while sub gets his trackie off, finds his socks, ties his laces, unwraps a Juicy Fruit, has an energy bar, texts his mum...crackers.

11 minutes ago, Dronfield_SWFC said:

I thought he started off really well but this head seemed to go down when pushed out wide

He must play for me the little one twos and connecting play is missing when he is not on the pitch

Wow I thought the total opposite.

Pants for his first ten minutes - gave the ball away. 

Moved wide after 10 mins and was terrific. Never wasted a ball and was creative and involved.

Guest LondonOwl313

He's probably off in January, will know that he won't get a new contract here unless it's on substantially reduced wages. There has to be some reason Monk doesn't play him when he's still our best attacking player and has more end product than the other wide forwards. He's probably worried about what would happen if he starts the next 10 games, has a blinder scoring and assisting for fun, and then letting him go cheap in January. There would be uproar. Monk's probably hoping that the rest of the squad show that we don't need him but unfortunately they're showing that we do

4 hours ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

Hutch went down the line of his own volition whilst Weaver and Bullen (who didn’t shout to Forestieri but simply waved) chose to chunter ... not a happy camp I think and deadwood needs moving out ... starting with BBC (balls, bibs and cones) Bullen

perhaps hutch is protective because he wants him to be playing

4 hours ago, camffiti said:

On the pitch, Fernando's attitude seems better than most of his team mates 

Look at Bale, he's had a lot of stuff going on off the pitch, but even so he says he disregards all that and always gives everything on the pitch

If you give FF a chance, he almost always seems up for taking it, even if he can be a bit volatile off the pitch (only a bit though, most of time he's just having a laugh off pitch - if you look at Jos you get the sense he might have made it all a bit boring - you need some characters)

Edited by jomaco

We have a hardcore of Carlos’ untouchables.

They are all VERY good players at this level on their day but I bet they’re a nightmare behind the scenes and let’s be honest, as good as they, and we, think they are they continuously fail to come up with the goods time after time in vital moments.

No real spine, no real leaders.  Don’t get me wrong we’re not far off but been saying the same for a while now.

Everybody gets the blame, including the fans, apart from this little gang.  Time to call their bluff orfuck  ‘em off!

Edited by sonofbert2

3 hours ago, trev said:

This.

We will miss him when he leaves and we have a team of mediocre workhorse players with not an ounce of imagination between them.

I agree, but still doesn’t mean it’s not time to move on.  Would you honestly offer him a new contract in the summer with the club in its current state?

2 hours ago, bigthinrob said:

Absolutely this.

Makes you fuc**n laugh on here.

Soon as he came on the entire dynamic changed. 

He was chasing spraying passes around & generally causing chaos for the Brum defence. He brought much needed energy to the proceedings & nearly contributed to us taking all 3 points when it had never looked likely before he came on.

But no, let’s force him out, let’s replace him with some boring, no ambition, drone of a player with no personality at all. 

Probably fit in well around these parts.

He also seems to cause teams to panic when he comes on and they often double up on him.

7 hours ago, sonofbert2 said:

I think the rumour of him going in January to Italy is true.  

Given that there has been a rumour of him going to 'insert name of random club/country here' just before every transfer window since he joined us, there is a good chance that somebody will get it right one day.

34 minutes ago, Steve Down South said:

I agree, but still doesn’t mean it’s not time to move on.  Would you honestly offer him a new contract in the summer with the club in its current state?

If he plays well for the rest of the season and stays injury free...yes.

Because it would be way more expensive to find and fund a replacement like for like alternative.

8 hours ago, Blue and white said:

Perhaps he does want to play but is getting fecked off of being overlooked in a team that is crying out for him.

This is more like it.

Also the crowd sing his name and within a few minutes the management is getting him ready.

The game last night was crying out for a Forestieri.

3 minutes ago, trev said:

If he plays well for the rest of the season and stays injury free...yes.

Because it would be way more expensive to find and fund a replacement like for like alternative.

Personally I think it’s a big ‘if’, but I could be persuaded.  I certainly haven’t seen any better players at Hillsborough since the days of Di Canio and Carbone, but all good things come to an end.