Forestieris Attitude.

16 minutes ago, Ronio said:

Disagree with those who say freeze Forestieri out.  To continue paying Nando for him to sit in the stands is a double negative imo.  It's one of the many reasons why we find ourselves in the situation we are in. 

We are paying him a hefty wage, he needs putting to work.  Work him hard in training, start him next game.  

Nando is undoubtedly talented, one of the most talented in the squad.  He needs to apply that in matches.  From what I saw last game, he certainly was lively and definitely gave us something extra in the second half.  His unpredictability we could really do with at the moment.    

Has to start tomorrow for me.  Let him earn his wages, like every other player.  

I can't see any Wednesday fan sit back and let him stroll around the park.  He will be judged by the time he is on the pitch.  

See what happens.  Personally, I would put Winnall up top, with Forestieri in just behind.  Both fiery characters, could help us get those goals and wins we have all been craving for.  

Agree apart from Winnall, too slow looks like he's crushing grapes.

2 minutes ago, torryowl said:

what have you seen to think that ? 

From the games I have seen him play, although sporadic that may be.  Natural goalscorer who knows where the back of the net is.  If we play to his strengths, give him the right supply, he will score given a run of games in the first team.  

Question for you torry, of all our strikers who do think has the most goals in them? After all it is goals that we are lacking.  

• Like 1

Biggs comment.

Interesting this on Forestieri. Makes sense of this comment Garry Monk made to me in midweek: “With the ball, he did very well.” Looking at this quote afresh, I think the qualifying first part was quite significant.

If Bannan has said this and Monk is saying this to Biggs you can draw your own conclusions.

1 hour ago, Ronio said:

From the games I have seen him play, although sporadic that may be.  Natural goalscorer who knows where the back of the net is.  If we play to his strengths, give him the right supply, he will score given a run of games in the first team.  

Question for you torry, of all our strikers who do think has the most goals in them? After all it is goals that we are lacking.  

I'd like to think that if Rhodes played 46 games he's be good for 15 goals but he adds nothing in his general play so he's never going to get the chance to do that ……..I do rate fletch as a front man but he's never going to be a prolific scorer ……... seen nothing in winnall that makes me think he's going to do anything here though he's never really had a decent run at it ……..joao is the one I would have kept coz he had the ability to fashion goals for himself and given a prolonged run he may have been the one …….that's the problem when you have 5 or 6 strikers they never get a chance to build a partnership and understanding because we have always chopped and changed . 

He's undoubtedly a very good player but our last three managers have largely failed to get anything out of him, if he thinks he can benefit the team at the moment then he should be knuckling down and striving to prove his point.

Having said that the whole club seems toxic from top to bottom at the moment with very little sign of improvement.

1 minute ago, torryowl said:

I'd like to think that if Rhodes played 46 games he's be good for 15 goals but he adds nothing in his general play so he's never going to get the chance to do that ……..I do rate fletch as a front man but he's never going to be a prolific scorer ……... seen nothing in winnall that makes me think he's going to do anything here though he's never really had a decent run at it ……..joao is the one I would have kept coz he had the ability to fashion goals for himself and given a prolonged run he may have been the one …….that's the problem when you have 5 or 6 strikers they never get a chance to build a partnership and understanding because we have always chopped and changed . 

Rhodes is finished, forget about him, Fletcher good at what he does but never been prolific, Winnall looks totally lost, I think you need to look at whats happened to Joao at Reading, we had their pants down for £8m.

1 minute ago, toppOwl said:

Rhodes is finished, forget about him, Fletcher good at what he does but never been prolific, Winnall looks totally lost, I think you need to look at whats happened to Joao at Reading, we had their pants down for £8m.

what he does at reading is of no concern its what he did here when he had a regular run at it under jos he scored on regular basis …..

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, torryowl said:

what he does at reading is of no concern its what he did here when he had a regular run at it under jos he scored on regular basis …..

26 goals in 112 games says he didn't, one of the most inconsistent players we've ever had.

6 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

26 goals in 112 games says he didn't, one of the most inconsistent players we've ever had.

well 56 of those games he was on the bench so that's a bit misleading …..when got a regular run under jos his record was pretty good …….of course he's hit and miss but of our front men he was the one who had pace and could score some goals of is own making . 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, torryowl said:

well 56 of those games he was on the bench so that's a bit misleading …..when got a regular run under jos his record was pretty good …….of course he's hit and miss but of our front men he was the one who had pace and could score some goals of is own making . 

He had about one decent game in four and that was it.

1 minute ago, toppOwl said:

He had about one decent game in four and that was it.

of course he did and then he'd be left out again and we'd give some other poor sap a go …...its no way to build a strike partnership by keep chopping and changing ...when jos paired  him with nuhiu  in his  first season they scored the around 20 goals as a pair in in a similar amount of games . …..you need to play regular to build confidence especially as a pair . a run of 3 or 4 games and then be left out is a waste of time  never going to work . 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, torryowl said:

The thing is, how will we know if they have never really been given a run in the side? 

If they haven't been given a proper run in the side then the logical solution would be to give them a run in the side, then see what happens.  

Something needs to change, that is for sure.  

13 hours ago, Ronio said:

The whole Forestieri situation essentially started the day he refused to get on that team bus to play against Norwich.

He should have been sold then.  Instead DC rewarded his petulant behaviour by giving him another contract with more money.  

That's where all these problems stem from.  

Now onto present day, you can kind of see how these circumstances arise.  

Not good to see a player (Bazza) come out with stuff like this.  It should really be coming from the manager if at all.  Bannan's own form hasn't been particularly great this season.  I guess his position at the club makes him exempt from any scrutiny.  

I think it is dangerous territory for another player to come out and blast another player.  No togetherness whatsoever.  We are seeing more and more examples of this recently, Westwood on Palmer and Bazza blasting Fox.  

It seems to me, more and more players are turning on each other with each passing week, when they should be fighting alongside each other.  

It is Monk's job to bring this group together, it is also his job to get the best out of each player.  Two things which I am not seeing right now.  

I agree with a lot of this. 

The 2015-16 season was great because it was a little unexpected and we had new, fresh players combined with leaders like Semedo and Loovens and the team spirit was evident. 

As you say, from the moment FF got a pay rise for behaving like a spoilt brat we were on a slippery slope. We got through that season and should have gone up as we had enough in-form quality and still had leaders in the squad who commanded respect. Semedo and Loovens had the authority and experience to keep the dressing room in line, when they moved on the togetherness started to drift big time. 

The off-field issues leave a cloud over the club and when points are whittled away it gets frustrating for players and fans alike. Bannan's form this season has been up and down but you can't deny his effort is still apparent, he sometimes channels this in the wrong way and probably shouldn't be captain, another sign of the like of effective leadership to pull the squad together at a frustrating time. Maybe he has had enough of FF's poor apparent poor attitude. Bannan knows as well as we do what FF is capable of and wants him to pull his weight in order to be starting games, he has probably tried addressing this away from the media with FF before coming out with what he has said.