Forestieris Attitude.

I think FF is a good player, had issues, but right now deserves to be in the team for me based on what he could do and our misfiring attack.

However, comments from Monk and Bannan suggests why he's not being picked. Maybe, and pure conjecture, but contract up in a few months, no extension on the table, made no secret of his family's desire to relocate (down South) and maybe his heart is not in it. Free to talk to foreign clubs in January and to be honest if offered any kind of fee in January, may be worth considering if offered.

Give me the FF of his first two seasons, yes please, but since he's contributed very little. That said I'd still start him in the next few games to the benefit of the club (based on his impact v Birmingham)  if he finds some form or to diminish the myth that he's what we need going forward.

IMO, the entire attacking department needs an overhaul in the summer. Only Fletcher worth keeping, but then again, can we afford to carry his substantial  wage? 

I think this is a well prepared statement from the club but with the words coming out of Bannans mouth.

I don't think for one minute Bannan would have said this without the backing of the club.

I would imagine the club may have tried all the usual options to get FF on side, ( arm around the shoulder, kick up the arris etc ) and are trying another tactic.

• Like 1

On 28/11/2019 at 08:47, Blue and white said:

Perhaps he does want to play but is getting fecked off of being overlooked in a team that is crying out for him.

that's not the attitude he should be showing! 

so you want him playing when he's not putting in the same effort as others in training?

The whole Forestieri situation essentially started the day he refused to get on that team bus to play against Norwich.

He should have been sold then.  Instead DC rewarded his petulant behaviour by giving him another contract with more money.  

That's where all these problems stem from.  

Now onto present day, you can kind of see how these circumstances arise.  

Not good to see a player (Bazza) come out with stuff like this.  It should really be coming from the manager if at all.  Bannan's own form hasn't been particularly great this season.  I guess his position at the club makes him exempt from any scrutiny.  

I think it is dangerous territory for another player to come out and blast another player.  No togetherness whatsoever.  We are seeing more and more examples of this recently, Westwood on Palmer and Bazza blasting Fox.  

It seems to me, more and more players are turning on each other with each passing week, when they should be fighting alongside each other.  

It is Monk's job to bring this group together, it is also his job to get the best out of each player.  Two things which I am not seeing right now.  

• Thanks 1

I thought he showed a great attitude when he came on, combined with drive and desire. The great work he did chasing back and retrieving the ball in our area before drawing the foul being a great example. Of all our players he must be the one who draws most fouls and is often in danger of being snapped in two by opponents but he still commits.  

If it is the case of who trains best rather than who plays best maybe that is another matter. It could well be the case that when training with their mates that for instance Reach always tackles, and that our full backs block most crosses, they need to do this in a match.

I suppose it could be likened to an amateur team in danger of relegation near the end of a season, you have two or three better players who  would come in a save the day but would not train, or you could keep in the poor players who always turn up for training. It is never that simple and is a dilemma that needs solving. 

Frustrating...but then not all that surprising. 

Such a talented player, but his application at times and attitude are wanting all too often. 

Honestly, that guy could have down as an all time Wednesday great, such is his level of ability. As it is, he will be remembered as an extremely talented player who should/could have done even more. 

Hopefully, this public call out (though I don't really agree with it) will give him a kick up the arse in terms of training. 

Tbf, I thought he did well on Wednesday night and I'd like to see him start some games. Problem is, if he's half arsing and showing a bad attitude in training, then can you really pick him when others are working hard? 

Tough one. 

1 minute ago, Blue and white said:

Who knows what he does in training  I certainly don't, nor have I claimed to.

My point is simple, we are a better team when he is in it.

Monk's not daft, he's an experienced manager at this level, has been here 3 months, there's a reason he's not starting

this thread is related to his attitude, I thought his attitude on Wednesday and in other games when he's been benched has been very poor, then Bannan comes out with that.... there's the evidence! If he wants to get back in the team then it's simple, stop sulking and show the same attitude as everyone else and you'll play!

No questioning his ability or even his performances this season, he's been good since he come back from his ban but it's in his hands if he really wants to play for us

22 minutes ago, Ronio said:

The whole Forestieri situation essentially started the day he refused to get on that team bus to play against Norwich.

He should have been sold then.  Instead DC rewarded his petulant behaviour by giving him another contract with more money.  

That's where all these problems stem from.  

Now onto present day, you can kind of see how these circumstances arise.  

Not good to see a player (Bazza) come out with stuff like this.  It should really be coming from the manager if at all.  Bannan's own form hasn't been particularly great this season.  I guess his position at the club makes him exempt from any scrutiny.  

I think it is dangerous territory for another player to come out and blast another player.  No togetherness whatsoever.  We are seeing more and more examples of this recently, Westwood on Palmer and Bazza blasting Fox.  

It seems to me, more and more players are turning on each other with each passing week, when they should be fighting alongside each other.  

It is Monk's job to bring this group together, it is also his job to get the best out of each player.  Two things which I am not seeing right now.  

Absolutely spot on

Think the main point is he along with quite a few others need to be binned off in the summer. 

It is time to move on from the play off team. 

We need younger more hungry players. 

Nando turns 30 in January and, for whatever reason, he has barely featured for two and a half seasons running. 

We are not in a position where we can afford to have players who barely contribute. 

• Thanks 1

Guest wilyfox

Nov/Dec was always make or break for FF. Should have been raring to go after his ban. Case closed, weight lifted, a month with nowt to do bar train hard to ensure he was ready. Doesn't look it. When a senior figure like vice-captain Bannan calls him out for lack of endeavour, FF should feel embarrassed. Have to wait and see if it has the desired effect. 

1 minute ago, matthefish2002 said:

That might be the tactic, criticise him in public and get some sort of reaction from him.
Of course this sort of tactic is very risky and might go the other way but maybe the club think they have tried everything else with him.

Exactly. Probably think they have reached a point where there's one option left. 

• Like 1