Subs:

Dawson, Palmer, Lees, Pelupessy, Lee, Forestieri, Nuhiu

If it’s 4-3-3 I would go with

Westwood

Palmer Iorfa Borner Fox

Lee Hutchinson Luongo

Forestieri Fletcher Harris

11 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

True. I just smiled when I saw the way you'd written it out. Hopefully, somebody will get near Fletch for the scraps, when Westwood sends him some scud missiles.

Scud missiles fly straight and true to their target.

Do you want to reconsider your description of Westwood’s kicks? 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, pazowl55 said:

Luongo has a tendency to show up in the box and his natural game will always push him forward. He ain't a Bannan type who will sit. Why do you want to play a three man midfield without any natural defensive cover or are you just trying to fit the best players in.? Monk wont do that I dont think.

I hope not - one of Carlos’s old tricks, that.

Will Lees be fit? That will also affect the final lineup 

I’d go with 4-4-1-1 with just Forestieri coming in and Pelupessey dropping out...

Westwood

Palmer

Iorfa

Borner

Odubajo

Reach

Luongo

Bannan

Harris

Forestieri

Fletcher

I’d give Forestieri a free role just behind Fletcher, he’ll be very difficult to pick up and if Cardiff do double up on Harris (as other sides have done recently) that would leave him a lot of room to exploit.

3 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

I’d go with 4-4-1-1 with just Forestieri coming in and Pelupessey dropping out...

Westwood

Palmer

Iorfa

Borner

Odubajo

Reach

Luongo

Bannan

Harris

Forestieri

Fletcher

I’d give Forestieri a free role just behind Fletcher, he’ll be very difficult to pick up and if Cardiff do double up on Harris (as other sides have done recently) that would leave him a lot of room to exploit.

Then when everyone vacates our midfield that would leave Bannan running about like a headless chicken.

WTF:

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, mcmigo said:

Cardiff are a pretty simple unit but well drilled and physical.

I would put FF in the team, and would be tempted to rest Harris. Fletcher won’t get the sort of joy from crosses he can get against Cardiff but we might tap it around them with a bit of craft rather than paint on boots wing play. I would be happy to see reach and ff cut in and lace a few from distance first half. No joy then stick Harris and Nuhiu on second half and see whether having the big man up there gives us more joy from crosses.

You don’t rest Harris mate, he’s just had 2 weeks off 

I can’t understand why so many are advocating playing a decent, physical Cardiff team Away from home without Joey or Hutch? 

Almost like the last three to five years haven’t happened and we’ve never seen our light weight midfield be bullied and overran. 

For me, keep back four, keep front three only decision is if hutch or Joey plays. FF will come on from the bench.