Cowley 0 Monk 2

55 minutes ago, swfc-dan said:

I wish them well too as they seem good honest hardworking guys. I just think its a terrible choice of club to take on. Can really suffer your reputation like Jones at Stoke. Hopefully he sorts them out why leave for a risk like Hudds?

1.5 million pounds worth of reasons

3 hours ago, gizowl said:

Why are we having a pop at the Cowleys ,it was DC'S choice, he wouldn't pay the compo and match what salaries were demanded, I think DC's made the right call, I'm happy with the choice we've made unlike some on here, ie Shirley McLean. 

If they were discussing salaries the compo was already agreed.

The Cowleys should have stayed put at Lincoln. Huddersfield are unbelievably poor. Wagner had them punching well above.

Back down to Lee Gwan for them now.

I don't think the Cowleys are out of their depth but I dont believe they are miracle workers either

Don't have an issue with the Cowleys and have no will to see them fail

However the gushing nonsense on here about them from some was truly nauseating

Like they absolutely cannot fail on their journey to dominate world football

They may succeed but the stats show they are more likely to be another Hurst, Nathan Jones et al than they are Klopp or Pep

I think they made the wrong choice to be honest. Possibly put off by DCs way of doing things but at most big clubs you cannot have final say so that’s part of the culture shift for them if they want a big job. There needs to be a guard if they decide they want to sign up half of league one.

Theres something wrong at Huddersfield and it’s got career staller written all over it.  We provide a much more stable platform for progression. 

However, if they stay up you’d expect them to do ok in the future 

48 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

I think they made the wrong choice to be honest. Possibly put off by DCs way of doing things but at most big clubs you cannot have final say so that’s part of the culture shift for them if they want a big job. There needs to be a guard if they decide they want to sign up half of league one.

Theres something wrong at Huddersfield and it’s got career staller written all over it.  We provide a much more stable platform for progression. 

However, if they stay up you’d expect them to do ok in the future 

Hudds must be really fookéd then!

11 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

Hudds must be really fookéd then!

Tbf, I don't think we are quite as basketcase as some of us like to think. 

There are issues and the owner is a bit er different, but whoever took the Wednesday job was coming into one with a decent enough group of players (experienced too) and a chairman who, yes, is a bit er different, but is more than happy to back/support the man he appoints. 

We finished last season relatively strong and even though performances this season have been mixed, we are certainly in a better place than 'Udders right now. 

The Cowleys have a mammoth task on their hands their. That isn't just a group of players lacking confidence, but seemingly a pretty average group of players too. 

We weren't amazing today and first half was a bit coma inducing, but by the end we looked a much better outfit and Cowley himself said as much. 

Bit tin pot to have a pop at the Cowleys in my opinion.

Nothing against them and good on them for being ambitious but I do think going to Huddersfield was risky.

Would have been far better off going somewhere reasonably stable looking to kick on. Not saying that was us, but any club like Udders just relegated from the Premier league will be a very difficult ship to steady let alone turn round.