Your Worst Wednesday Game Ever

11 minutes ago, matt68owls said:

losing 5-1 at Walsall, I think it was 1979. Wednesday went 1 up just before half time from TC and then he hit the bar with a header when it was easier to score. the second half was just awful, wave after wave of Walsall attacks, Wednesday didn't have a clue, we got absolutely battered.

Yeah I was at that as well,it was wylde that scored early on,we were just shacking off losing the three strait home games and showing better form,we were in top 6 and they were mid table,we got roasted 2nd half the wheels just fell off

Just now, legendaryswan said:

Yeah I was at that as well,it was wylde that scored early on,we were just shacking off losing the three strait home games and showing better form,we were in top 6 and they were mid table,we got roasted 2nd half the wheels just fell off

just looked it up, it was January 1977 and yes it was wylde, not sure what made me think it was TC

Guest Ferkorf

Crystal palace away in early 00's, minibus broke down on the way there.

Got within distance of the ground so decided to walk/run there.

The heavens opened.

When we got there my mate decided the had left all our tickets on the bus

Luckily the steward let us in anyway.

Turns out we were already 3-0 down.

Tommy johnson scored to sarcastic applause as we took our seats.

Soon after the second half began palace made it 4-1.

Portsmouth away '83-84.

Won 1-0 on the then open away end at Fratton Park but spent the next 8 hours p1ss wet through in my pants on a train with no heating....

Next worst - any game in the Irvine era.

Crystal Palace away at the start of in 2012/13.

Took a mate long to see Wednesday for the first time.. but the folks in the row in front of us kicked off and got nasty with fans around as well as the stewards. Was properly embarrassed by our fans that day.

Needless to say my mate never came to another Owls game.

4 hours ago, LittleG said:

After watching Wednesday for over 55 years and after reading the posts on here, which bring back a lot of memories, I'm in the camp that there have been a lot more lows than highs!

Nah, it's the highs that keep you going, been so.e good times even when we were bad.

1 hour ago, Ferkorf said:

The heavens opened.

That was the game where I found myself sat next to Fishcake. Almost stopped me ever going to another game.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, torryowl said:

There's shed load of disappointing results but the worst game I've ever seen was a 0-0 on a freezing cold night at halifax 1976.

2 hours ago, torryowl said:

There's shed load of disappointing results but the worst game I've ever seen was a 0-0 on a freezing cold night at halifax 1976.

Trying to dodge the running battles that night kept me warm

Guest LittleG
4 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

Nah, it's the highs that keep you going, been so.e good times even when we were bad.

Most of the time in the bad old days the match, especially away from home, took a back seat to what was just some great days out. Highs these days don't keep me going, I just have to go can't stop after all these years.

4 hours ago, meggoisgod said:

Colchester away lost 4 nil circa 2004

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_div_1/6050714.stm

If you mean the 2006 game, that's the one that stands out for me. We lived in London at the time and still didn't get home until about 1am. I think KPS got fired later that week.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ferkorf said:

The heavens opened.

We were walloped a few times by Palace last decade. There was an early season midweek game around 2005-06 where it felt like Palace won every single header all game, and they were ole-ing us around the pitch for the last 15 mins. It was technically 2-0 but felt like a proper shoeing...

9 minutes ago, meggoisgod said:

That's the one, they battered us from minute 1, we were lucky to get nil!

And we managed to make Greg Halford and Karl Duguid look like Lampard and Robben...

6 hours ago, sheriwozgod said:

1975 , uncovered kop , pi$$ing down rain , Sheff Wed 0 - Port Vale 3................crowd about 8,000.

That was the one that stuck in my mind..............but actually i think i felt much worse watching some of the awful stuff under Turner, Shreeves, Irvine etc, at least i had youthful ignorance / optimism in the 70,s.

Another rainy game  Swindon night match sometime in either 72 or 73...  stood on KOP...  dad made us leave to go home before 1/2 time...  absolutely soaked.. don't even know if we won or lost that one...