Your Worst Wednesday Game Ever

6 hours ago, ohgoditsjames said:

It was just after Carlos left/got the sack.

That 3-0 Loss to Burton on 01/Jan/2018 at Hillsborough was a truly miserable day, what a way to start the New Year :duntmatter:

So I got the wrong year...........that's just part of trying to forget it I think :image:

The Nominees are

Sheffield Wednesday 0-1 Stevenage 2012

Sheffield Wednesday 0-0 Grimsby 2003-4?

Sheffield United 3-1 Sheffield Wednesday 2003

Sheffield Wednesday 0-3 Leeds United 2000

Exeter City 5-1 Sheffield Wednesday 2010

Winner

Sheffield Wednesday 0-0 Grimsby one of the worst games of football i've ever seen and it truely sank in how bad we really were.

Also i don't count near misses like cup final defeats, I just hope we get back there again someday.

1 hour ago, goodytheowl said:

Went down to Exeter in the snow a few years ago just before Christmas and we lost 1-5. We set off mega early cos of the snow and I’d had about 2 hours kip and was hungover as fizz cos of Xmas do night before. Had an argument with Lee Strafford on here about something that I can’t even remember. Got back to the car after 5-1 and we had a flat tire and no spare. Everywhere shut so had to stay the night. Decided to go and see the Fawlty Towers hotel in Torquey to cheer us up, got really excited as we were gonna go and have a drink in the bar etc, looked it up in the internet, got there and it wasn’t actually the hotel but the hotel that they’d based it on. Had heartburn all day and night really bad so beers wouldn’t go down so couldn’t even get pi$$ed up. Shared a room with mate who was worlds loudest snorer and actually sleep walked over to the wardrobe and started shaking it and ragging it about in his sleep at 3am so didn’t sleep a wink all night. Eventually found a garage but it took hours to get sorted, drove back home in the snow and realised I’d left my ipod under he pillow in the hotel. Got home 8pm Sunday night.

WTID lol

One of the best posts on here i've ever seen. Made me laugh out loud. Brilliant.

• Haha 1

Four nil loss at Colchester. I think it was Sturrock's last game. 

I'd gone to work with no intention of going to the game but I was talked into it. I was in a rather lovely three piece Italian suit and my City toff side parting. We stood at the edge of the away end and I got shot loads of abuse from the home burbs. 

We were awful. Just bloody awful. 

Then Daz, of this parish, convinved us he knew the way back to the station which he patently flipping didn't and after hours of walking around the Colchester ring road we were soaked and only just made the last train back to London. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Bulldog said:

Although I've seen many, the most recent are the ones that stay vivid. That being the case its Burton at home new years day 2017 (?) 0:3 with the most appalling performance I can recall for years.

Remember I lost my sh*t at that one. 

I'm usually quite reserved so everyone around just stood staring at me. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, punkskaphil said:

At that Palace game, once they'd scored a couple of goals and it was obvious that it was going to be a drubbing, he started going on about how Palace wouldn't be able to cope in the Prem and kept standing up and shouting "Liverpool five, Palace nil! Liverpool five, Palace nil!" He'd eaten a hot dog and had ketchup and mustard smeared across his cheeks. At half time he went down to the concourse and made some sort of passing quip to a couple of stewards and they just looked bemused and said "you've got sh*t all over your face mate" but he ignored them. Fortunately he didn't come back to his seat for the second half so I was spared any further entertainment. I mentioned it on here several years later and everybody told me it must've been Fishcake - I'd never heard of him until then. I googled it for a laugh and surprisingly found a photo of him.

Used to see him in Ecclesfield all the time, wonder what happened to him. 

Bristol City under Jos might well be up there for me. The atmosphere in the away end that day was vitriolic and one of the most volatile i've been a part of. One of the most embarrassing performances i've seen us put in as well, really was like watching men vs. boys. 

Thank God they kept the bars on the concourse open until 75th/80th minute garymegson

20 hours ago, unkastav said:

Awful. If my memory serves me right every player was booed towards the end of the match bar pressy and haslam

Remember that day well.another great day if you remove the match

red hot day...away end amazing as 

always...never heard a whole away end singing“you’re not fit to wear the shirt“ as loud as that before..aimed at all players on 90 minutes barring the two mentioned!!

gillian de bilgewater ... god he used to wind me up

5 hours ago, Baldrick said:

Arsenal away Feb 1992

1-1 with 20 minutes left

Lost 7-1 :duntmatter:

Had just started work a couple of months before. Convinced two Spurs workmates to come to the game because of "how good we were". Yes, well...

15 hours ago, ljhowl said:

Was it those performances that made you move to live in the furthest place away from Sheffield on the planet? Bit extreme Katie

Stevenage Borough was my last away game. 

I left after they made it 4-0 with a couple of others. Jokingly said to them to put money on us getting promoted 

To this day, those words haunt me.  Thank you Dave Jones 

3 hours ago, Jim Wonk said:

Remember that day well.another great day if you remove the match

red hot day...away end amazing as 

always...never heard a whole away end singing“you’re not fit to wear the shirt“ as loud as that before..aimed at all players on 90 minutes barring the two mentioned!!

gillian de bilgewater ... god he used to wind me up

He was the most complete tool ive seen in an Owls shirt

• Thanks 1

Also remember a LDV final at Blackpool. February in Blackpool, midweek. Bit like Tehran after one of them bombing spells in the 80’s. 

Got minibus early doors and landed at the Castle Pub around 12ish. What. A. Hole. 

We lost 3-0??? Not sure if that was the game someone fell through the temporary stand. Or the one where they chased the linesman. 

2 hours ago, meggoisgod said:

Blackpool at home in the ldv vans semi final, another epic fail, got in 20 mins late and left 20 mins early

Kim Olsen up front lost by 4 from memory with about 26000 in ground, fkn shambles

Exactly meggoisgod!! 

Rushing around outside ground to get in...thinking we were missing out on somat!! 

Christ how wrong we were. Barely sat down 1-0 down 

Blackpool !! BLACKPOOL!!

At Field Mill in '76 I think. The season we nearly went down to div 4. Easter Friday maybe, when we played three Easter games. Long queues to get in, games was

ten minutes in when we finally got in and we were 2-0 down already. Lost 3-0. Thought we were going down after that, just miserable. (Mind you it made the following

day's 1-0 Hillsborough victory over Halifax Town seem like we'd won the frickin cup!)

• Haha 1

I’m going to pick two and avoid the obvious cup finals. The Orient 4-0 Wednesday game in League 1 because it was the first league away game I took my missus too. I’d been bigging up watching Wednesday away for ages and I can’t imagine what she must have thought afterwards. Dreadful game, poisonous atmosphere, embarrassing loss against a diddy team. A shameful day.

Wednesday 0-3 Forest last game of the season 1989-90 because it was my first proper heartbreak moment. I’ll never forget my old man saying to me “you’ll have a lifetime of days like this son”. He was right.