Your Worst Wednesday Game Ever

early 80's Shrewsbury Town away. Got drenched and the coach had no heating so nearly hyperthermic on the way home....

Think we lost or 0-0

And more recently Udders in the play-off semi...biggest anti-climax of recent times.

Woolwich Arsenal in cup reply defeat was also a big let down...but at least we were there!!!

39 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Well, I was well pished off with Carlos when we capitulated against Charlton in the Cup and he seemed to be deliberately throwing the game away. But that was just angrymadness.

Carlos wasn't our manager then.

• Haha 1

One that got me so angry over 40 years of watching The Owls is the Burton game other Xmas period.

My brother came over from the State's with his 2 daughters and son ,aged between 17 -21.

Asked me to get tickets on kop so he could show them were he used to shout the team on from before he left the UK in 93.

Few pints in Railway,a penalty save then all downhill,freezing cold lost 3-0 and my nieces and nephew wondering what all the hype was about and I should go with them to a NFL game.

1 hour ago, adelphi1867 said:

Away to Leicester city, circa 1987ish.

We were being well and truly hammered, we had a Scottish C/H (Ha!) lannighan was his name I believe, we were 6-0 down with 30mins to go, Lannigan was by that put on the wing, out of the way, we tried to leave early but the Police made us stay to the end, Sadistic tvvats.

Kenny Brannigan wasnt it ?.......................think it was January 2nd , sticks in my mind because i had planned to go but my cousin announced a "quick" wedding on that day god bless her !!

Can't remember the year but a 5-1 home defeat to Wimbledon, possibly the last one I ever went to with my grandfather hurts. 

As does the 87 Cup defeat to Coventry, I fully expected a win and another cup semi trip. 

Palace for sure. 

Also the 2017 home loss to the pigs. I wasn't there... I'd been up all night and was pretty drunk, sat in an empty pub in Stoke Newington, and felt embarrassed that i'd bothered.

Edited by Alan

3 hours ago, Owl 44 said:

7-1 defeat away to Arsenal was pretty bad, particularly as we were drawing at half-time

Not only were we drawing at half-time, we were still drawing at 70 minutes! And then Arsenal scored as many goals in 20 minutes as they had in their previous 990.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Owl 44 said:

7-1 defeat away to Arsenal was pretty bad, particularly as we were drawing at half-time but like many have said the FA Cup replay against Arsenal was the most gutted I've been after a match. In fact Arsenal can just feck off. 

More recently it would be Huddersfield play off semi. Didn't really hit me at the time but what a glorious chance we had that year and we still ballsed it up. Bothers me to this day that game. 

I went to this one.... Shocker of a game and to finish it off we got a brick through the coach window as we were driving away ... Oh them were the days

Christ I could write a book full.......

The cup final in 66 2-0 up,17 minutes later 2-3 down

The quarter final at stamford bridge in 67

0-8 at middlesborough against big Jack and Hickton

Getting thumped 0-5 at home to arsenal demolished by Radford and Gould

Man city sending us down

The cup final replay

scrubbers scoring 4 at our place

Villas promotion party on our kop

Losing 2-5 at swindon who had Colin Prophett at LB

You have to be thick skinned to be an Owl.....but a least weve got a sense of humour

I seem to have been at most of our epic fails.

1966 CF. 2-0 up with half an hour to go and lose.

1970 v Man C at home.  They weren't bothered as they had a European final coming up.  We were terrible. We lost and went down.

1990 v Forest at home.  A point would have kept us up.  We were 3-0 down in half an hour I think.

1993 FACF.  120 mins into replay and our keeper lets an easy header through his fingers.

And then there's 0-3 at Bury in about 1978, 0-3 at Cambridge in 1977, 0-3 at York in 1975 (the Save our Owls game).

0-5 at half-time home to Norwich (Worthington their manager), 0-5 at half-time to Everton in big cup match.

I could go on but it's depressing.

Silver lining in the cloud though..... I missed the 1-7 home to Forest, the 0-8 at Boro, the 0-8 at Newcastle, the 2-8 at QPR.

Depressing thread.   I'm off to slash my wrists now.  Cheerio.

• Haha 1

losing 5-1 at Walsall, I think it was 1979. Wednesday went 1 up just before half time from TC and then he hit the bar with a header when it was easier to score. the second half was just awful, wave after wave of Walsall attacks, Wednesday didn't have a clue, we got absolutely battered.

• Thanks 1