Your Worst Wednesday Game Ever

9 hours ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

Hull at Wembley hurt.

As a home game, losing at home to Doncaster in 2010 (?) 0 v 2. A depressing night game with Billy Blunt scoring. I remember walking out and they played 'Don't Stop Believing' by Journey. I knew then we were f'ed. 

That was the time the "Arsenal of the North" fans were singing "we're just too good for you".  I ask you, Doncaster Rovers fans taking the p.  And the most hurtful thing was, they were right.  

10 hours ago, vulva said:

Agree with many mentioned but in recent memory I recall a cup game against Charlton where we would have played United in the next round. We equalized and then Stuart Gray made a stupid substitution straight away. For some reason, that game sticks in my mind. 

Remember that one well. No idea what happened to Gray. It's like his brain froze.

Found this picture of his team that finished that game...

gray.jpg

23 hours ago, Lincs Owl said:

We've played Bournemouth 6 or 7 times in various cup games and lost none.

You may be thinking of Wrexham.  They were struggling in the bottom division but played us off the park.  4-1 but could have been 6-1.

I was there. Horror show.  I was also at Wembley for the Arsenal replay and the 1966 Final.

Can't decide which upset me more.

I also was at the home games against Man C, Forest and Palace which put us down.

Lowest point for me was a 0-3 at Cambridge 77-78.   They were top of Div 3.  We were bottom.  Rained all day.  Freezing.  Police kept us in at end, so I almost missed last train back to Donny.

Watching Wednesday is like smoking. You know its bad for your health and it costs a fortune.  But its hard to give up.  

That was the one. 

The ref was...Neil Swarbrick