Your Worst Wednesday Game Ever

9 hours ago, katie melua said:

Bar the Hartlepool United away game, every single performance under Alan Irvine 

Same with Turner bar the 2-1 away win at Portsmouth and the 7-2 at Burnley

Special inclusions to the 4-0 drubbing we received at Old Trafford where it could and should have been triple that (relegation season) plus nearly every single away game under Megson. 

Was it those performances that made you move to live in the furthest place away from Sheffield on the planet? Bit extreme Katie

5 hours ago, Chris_B_SWFC said:

Still troubled by memories of being unable to beat a 9-man Yeovil at home under Alan “bitterly disappointed” Irvine. 

I was sat in the upper West stand for one of those “home away day” things the club were doing, where you could change your seat to the away stand for one match. 

The Yeovil match comes close tbh. Watched it in the grandstand - no atmosphere and awful match. 

SAG would probably implode at the thought of home fans in the away end... 

5 hours ago, Chris_B_SWFC said:

Still troubled by memories of being unable to beat a 9-man Yeovil at home under Alan “bitterly disappointed” Irvine. 

I was sat in the upper West stand for one of those “home away day” things the club were doing, where you could change your seat to the away stand for one match. 

Wasnt that Megsons team ?

Think it's the match I went home at halftime with my eyes bleeding 

5 hours ago, Christopher Staniforth said:

Losing 6-1  at  home  to  leeds  and away at arsenal 7-1 didnt help

The Arsenal game was well before that wasnt it ?

Edit , think you are right ,and I was at the game (drinks done for me )!

Edited by the monk

There are absolute hundreds of shocking performances from us .. borderline nightmare

but nightmare watches for me, 8-0 drubbing at St James Park, everyone spunking over Shearer's 5 goals. We were fecking abject that day - sign of things to come that season

The other was the 5-1 defeat by Exeter .. just before christmas and set up the season where we won only 6 games after that .. shocking

Darlington away in the cup in the late 70s, it was a freezing cold night and snowing a blizzard. the 2 sets of fans were going at it like a war zone throwing concrete chunks at each other.

Darlington won with an injury time winner from ex Wednesday player Ronnie Ferguson.

On the way home we broke down on the A1, the old marina we were in didn't really have much in the way of heating so we stood there for what seemed hours freezing before some other wednesdayites came to our rescue an dropped us off at home.

10 hours ago, Ferkorf said:

I had him next to me at crewe away in the early 00's. He kept shouting 'Im going to burn my shirt'..

Eventually a fella infront turned around to give him an ear full. A few mins after fishcake ended up getting floored by the bloke infront bless him haha

At that Palace game, once they'd scored a couple of goals and it was obvious that it was going to be a drubbing, he started going on about how Palace wouldn't be able to cope in the Prem and kept standing up and shouting "Liverpool five, Palace nil! Liverpool five, Palace nil!" He'd eaten a hot dog and had ketchup and mustard smeared across his cheeks. At half time he went down to the concourse and made some sort of passing quip to a couple of stewards and they just looked bemused and said "you've got sh*t all over your face mate" but he ignored them. Fortunately he didn't come back to his seat for the second half so I was spared any further entertainment. I mentioned it on here several years later and everybody told me it must've been Fishcake - I'd never heard of him until then. I googled it for a laugh and surprisingly found a photo of him.

After 60 years plus of supporting the Wednesday all of the above! But 1966 & 1993 F.A.Cup finals must take preference not to mention the 1983 Highbury semi! I never thought we’d lose that one & the way United played in the first game at Wembley we really could have been the last 2nd Division team to win the Cup. Let’s face it the Cup has given us all some horrendous memories!

On 28/08/2019 at 13:23, TheEnchanter said:

Forgot to mention the sight of the Palarse fans invading our pitch as the likes of Darren Purse and Francis Jeffers trudged off like they'd never broken sweat. What a low feeling and live on BBC 1 as well. 

Was it really live on TV?? 

Went down to Exeter in the snow a few years ago just before Christmas and we lost 1-5. We set off mega early cos of the snow and I’d had about 2 hours kip and was hungover as fizz cos of Xmas do night before. Had an argument with Lee Strafford on here about something that I can’t even remember. Got back to the car after 5-1 and we had a flat tire and no spare. Everywhere shut so had to stay the night. Decided to go and see the Fawlty Towers hotel in Torquey to cheer us up, got really excited as we were gonna go and have a drink in the bar etc, looked it up in the internet, got there and it wasn’t actually the hotel but the hotel that they’d based it on. Had heartburn all day and night really bad so beers wouldn’t go down so couldn’t even get pi$$ed up. Shared a room with mate who was worlds loudest snorer and actually sleep walked over to the wardrobe and started shaking it and ragging it about in his sleep at 3am so didn’t sleep a wink all night. Eventually found a garage but it took hours to get sorted, drove back home in the snow and realised I’d left my ipod under he pillow in the hotel. Got home 8pm Sunday night.

WTID lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

Theres always the games where you've just had a great day and get the serious funk on after.

Two I can think of are losing in the fa quarter final vs Wimbledon and knowing there would be return to Wembley in 94.  The hangover didnt help as I was shouting nonsense at Wimbledon fans.

And losing to Middlesbrough 3-1 shortly after Carlos arrived and we were high on optimism.  I was gutted and we were stuck on a tram packed full of away fans singing that catchy Aitor Karanka song over and over.

Also felt like crying after losing 3-1 to the blades in 1992.  Because we really shouldn't have.

59 minutes ago, goodytheowl said:

Went down to Exeter in the snow a few years ago just before Christmas and we lost 1-5. We set off mega early cos of the snow and I’d had about 2 hours kip and was hungover as fizz cos of Xmas do night before. Had an argument with Lee Strafford on here about something that I can’t even remember. Got back to the car after 5-1 and we had a flat tire and no spare. Everywhere shut so had to stay the night. Decided to go and see the Fawlty Towers hotel in Torquey to cheer us up, got really excited as we were gonna go and have a drink in the bar etc, looked it up in the internet, got there and it wasn’t actually the hotel but the hotel that they’d based it on. Had heartburn all day and night really bad so beers wouldn’t go down so couldn’t even get pi$$ed up. Shared a room with mate who was worlds loudest snorer and actually sleep walked over to the wardrobe and started shaking it and ragging it about in his sleep at 3am so didn’t sleep a wink all night. Eventually found a garage but it took hours to get sorted, drove back home in the snow and realised I’d left my ipod under he pillow in the hotel. Got home 8pm Sunday night.

WTID lol

Superb!

• Haha 1