Your Worst Wednesday Game Ever

7-1? Loss at home to Forest. Mid 90s. I was in tears with my Dad on one side of me and my Grandad on the other. I would have been 7 or so.

"It's your fault!" I shouted, looking at my Dad.

"What's my fault?"

"You made me support them, and they're bloody rubbish!"

• Haha 5

Aside from the ones already mentioned for some reason I always recall Brentford at home, guess it would be sometime around 2010. They had the jpt final the week after and rested a load of players. It was absolutely freezing and my abiding memory is 3 or 4 little kids running rings around us at the kop end... lost 2 or 3 -1.

Terrible evening

April 20th 1974 - Away at Middlesborough -  lost 8-0

Peter Springett was left helpless by the hapless Owls team mates.

Prior to the game the Division 2 trophy was handed to Boro and I remember cursing Jack Charlton who was manager at the time...  he made up for that game a few years later though...

Long long long drive home that day.... WAWAW

Been going since 2003.

0-0 vs Rushden and Diamonds was a low.

Huddersfield play off semi final was emotional.

Can remember getting battered at home to Peterborough under Irvine/Megson - can’t rememher who. We made Lee Tomlin look like Messi

ill think of others.

FA Cup Final Replay was the most gutted I've felt after a game.

I think 2003/04 away at Chesterfield at Saltergate was also very depressing. Lost 3-0 and Alan Quinn got sent off. I think then I realised it was gonna be a long haul before we were ever decent again. Ola Tidman in goal and Beswetherick at right back - grim times.

Getting relegated by Palace in the showdown at Hillsborough in 2010 was also bloody awful.

5 hours ago, SiJ said:

To think we actually ended up getting promoted that season. 

Chris Turner. 

Jesus Christ on a Crystal meth bringe. 

I think the Crystal meth was passed round the dressing room to get promoted after that!

Crikey, so very many to chose from but Arsenal FA cup replay when Woods dropped ball in net.  Play-offs against Hull recently because for once I thought we were going to win.  But very recently last season 2-4 defeat to the old enemy, gutted!!!

1 hour ago, LittleG said:

Most of the time in the bad old days the match, especially away from home, took a back seat to what was just some great days out. Highs these days don't keep me going, I just have to go can't stop after all these years.

Same here the days out were what I usually remember fair amount of gallows humour back in the day. 

Blackpool away under Turner Easter 2003/4...we couldn't string two passes together and one of our fans came back  to the makeshift stand. We kicked the ball out of touch and the lad chested it down and side-footed it to their player stood waiting..all their players started laughing

Too many to count.  Leyton orient away springs to mind 4/1 or 4/0 10/11 embarrassing . 

5/1 drubbing at Exeter , went on my own after work and realised megson was only great in fans head. 

2/2 9 man Yeovil , Irvines last game. 

Carlos tactical stupidity against Huddersfield im the play offs. 

God there’s hundreds 

For me, it's not the Cup Final Reply or the Play Offs, as much as that hurts - there are highs and lows and some pride in getting that far.

The game that sticks out for me was a 0-0 draw at home to Scunthorpe in the FA Cup. Scunthorpe almost got relegated from the football league that season but the way we played we were exactly at their level. We were given the run-around by a geriatric Peter Beagrie, barely mustered a shot in 120 minutes, and then only managed to score with 1 of our 4 penalties (Steven Haslam of all people).

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Musn't Grumble said:

Wednesday at home to Man City in April 1970 on a thoroughly unpleasant midweek evening. It chucked it down all match.

In front of the biggest crowd of the season (45,000+), Wednesday needed a win to stay in the old Division One and Man City virtually handed the game to Wednesday who were so inept, they still lost.

City appeared to be so disinterested that Doyle "passed" his penalty to Grummitt and the rest of the City side seemed more bothered about their summer holidays thn winning a football match. Everybody that is, except for Ian Bowyer who scored both City's goals. Ex-City player Tony Coleman netted a consolation for Wednesday in between both City goals.

It was my first experience of relegation and it was the start of turbulent times for Wednesday.

Got to agree with this. My first taste of relegation.  Wednesday really did b@ll@cks things up that night. Bowyer was  sub for city that night and still a kid with something to prove.