Club Statement

These SAG people are absolute dicks, call themselves experts in crowd safety but they're just jobsworth in suits, I bet most of em know  naff all.

Like already said, making all those in North stand exit at one end of stand is making things more dangerous. poo for brains me think these people. 

It's amazing that you can leave somewhere like the City Ground and be straight onto the car park along with thousands of Forest fans making their way out of the Brian Clough stand, yet that operation doesn't seem to a problem for the police.

Doncaster, Rotherham, Derby, and countless others don't keep fans apart when they leave the stadium gates.

There is an agenda against Sheffield Wednesday, and has been since April 1989.

Not a chance we should be demolishing anything, sorry , strongly disagree with that 

the issue here is not the ground, it’s SYPD sheer incompetence at policing a crowd 

33 minutes ago, DELUDED OWL said:

Here ya go fellas,this is the REAL REASON...........................................Introducing some thick dingle from dingle land........

BetterRedThanDead, Today at 10:53 AM

I think the obvious reason behind all of this is that Wednesday are skint and I mean really skint....
What’s likely is they can’t afford the additional Matchday costs of accommodating extra away fans especially considering extra policing required for a local derby. This is also despite the fact they are charging silly money for tickets .

As far as I am aware they remain under a soft transfer embargo so can’t spend fees on transfers as their signings have been frees or loans. So I would imagine what little money they have has all gone into funding the wages for those signings and they are having to make sacrifices elsewhere.

Obviously lives in Athersley South......

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Following a high number of well publicised complaints by supporters of both Sheffield Clubs over the tactics deployed by South Yorkshire Police (SYP) following the Sheffield derby in March 2019, SYP commissioned a report from an expert in crowd safety from Manchester Metropolitan University. This report was submitted to the local Safety Advisory Group (SAG} in Sheffield. 

At a subsequent meeting of the SAG, the report was presented by its author and SYP. Sheffield Wednesday were asked for the club’s observations and it was made clear in the strongest possible tone that we took serious issue with the findings of the report. We also questioned its timing, the author’s analysis of events in March and the fact the report was conducted without the prior knowledge of the club.  

Alas, the SAG’s response to the report was to issue a Prohibition Notice and despite discussions running all the way up to Wednesday of this week - just three days before our first home game of the new season - the Notice was upheld. This prohibits the club from allowing home supporters to enter and exit the North Stand of Hillsborough via the Leppings Lane turnstiles and exit gates, beginning with Saturday’s Championship fixture against Barnsley.

The club has commissioned its own team of experts to prepare their own findings and provide the SAG with detailed responses and recommendations regarding crowd safety management and tactical options moving forward. Supporters can be assured that we are working diligently to resolve this matter and are fully committed to defending our position using all available legal routes in order for the Prohibition Notice to be lifted at the earliest opportunity.

We have worked around the clock with the EFL to ensure that Saturday’s game goes ahead in full accordance with the Prohibition Notice. The club notes the criminal offence nature of such a Notice served and the ramifications of a failure to comply.

Consequently, changes to the way in which the Barnsley game is managed will be in place on Saturday. Fundamentally, home supporters will be permitted access to the North Stand, albeit with a small reduction of available seats on the day. Access to the North Stand will be from Penistone Road only.

Club officials will monitor the number of supporters seated in the North Stand and may require some fans with tickets to be relocated to a different area of the stadium, either the South Stand or Kop. However, we believe this is unlikely to happen as a result of the club taking tickets off sale in the North Stand last Friday. 

Supporters with tickets for the North Stand are advised to enter the ground via the Penistone Road turnstiles as early as possible. Any supporter required to relocate will only be asked to do so should capacity be reached in line with the Prohibition Notice.

Following the final whistle, additional stewards will be deployed to aid the flow of supporters leaving the stadium as exiting the North Stand via the West Stand/Leppings Lane is prohibited.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused by these measures which are outside of our control and respectfully request your full co-operation to ensure the club complies fully with the Prohibition Notice.

The club will be making no further comment given any impending court proceedings. 

Seriously WTF????

image.thumb.png.d819bd7f8461a94cacf4f6ef475e4164.png

1 hour ago, Sham67 said:

So we report their incompetence and their answer is to shut us down.  Bullying of the worst kind.  We pay the taxes that these people rely on.  They are servants not masters. Absolutely fuming, this is supposed to be a free country.

Bang on mate, they forget they are there to serve the community not to rule it. If they are incapable not been able to stop a few punches thrown then they should step aside and let someone else do the job. 

Instead of concentrating on this minor matter they should be doing something about the stabbings which have infected the city over past two years or so.  Do some real worthwhile policing.

Smacks of petty vindictiveness. 

27 minutes ago, doubleo said:

I'm not blaming Duckenfield for this - or indeed being solely responsible for the events in 1989. There were alot of contributors to the disaster, many of them nothing to do with SYP, Sheffield Wednesday or indeed Sheffield itself. The point I'm making is that his defence team will use any tactic they can to deflect or lessen any responsibility - that's their job. Call me suspicious but the timing is convenient. The Cub will hardly have time to have their own assessment done before the trial so the findings of this report, whether correct or not, will stand. 

Absolute nail on head

5 minutes ago, sheffielddart said:

Forcing more people through a smaller number of turnstiles that face onto Penistone Road will improve crowd safety ? This has not been thought through and I am pleased that the club is challenging it.  

Imagine the shitestrom if something happens at the Penistone rd end due to sheer numbers of fans being forced to leave through a small area onto a busy  duel carriageway . 

47 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

Or maybe Prof Keith Brown ...................director of art and digital tecnologies at MMU :ph34r:

Keith Still prostitute of the highest order conducting a closed investigation at the behest of SYP for money the force can ill afford to spend. How can Billings, a man who has never served as an officer, a man who last year promised to be honest and open re ground safety, then go on to commission a private report to further damage our club. Vote the Schit Out !    

2 hours ago, Frazzlebeak said:

Someone ought to commission an independent revue of SYP..............oh hang on.

So SYP make a shambles of crowd control but it is our fault!!.

Why are we the only club who have to segregate fans to this extent and inconvenience home fans. About time we stuck two fingers up to them and opened lower tier of lepp to home fans. Every other club can share a stand?

So how are SAG going to manage at the stain with the Bramall Lane stand countless incidents there so how do they stop them mixing?

39 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

It’s going to be so interesting to see how SYP police the stain when Liverpool come to town???

If it was us it would be easy that one, will give liverpool 10k tickets and tell them to sit where they want. We will be allocated tango corner surrounded by 200 police.

Edited by Harrysgame
Update

16 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Don't our fans generally fight with each other. Opposition supporters are quite safe.

Bigger scuffle took place behind us among our own fans away at Blackburn last year than between us and t'Blavdes 

1 minute ago, Bleeder said:

Bigger scuffle took place behind us among our own fans away at Blackburn last year than between us and t'Blavdes 

Just dont get it there are far worse grounds in the country, ours is so easy to segregate, separate stands etc.

Look at all the newer grounds fans just mix together after the match. Might actually be better if there were no police there. 

2 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Perhaps it's time we banned away supporters

No away supporters = no need for Police

Radical BUT the ramifications would be other clubs doing the same to us and our away following is second to none.

Also does the lost revenue offset the policing costs, maybe for the smaller clubs that come.

They'll also be the ones who manage to get tickets anyway.

Don't think the answer is that simple.

1 hour ago, Peacenocchio said:

1. As a working consultant I am fully aware of what my client wants me to say before I make a report. I have to maintain professional standards but I'm not a neutral actor.

2. The probable author of the report from MMU is Prof Keith Still. He has a vast depth of knowledge on crowd safety and crowds. Fair play.

He was also expert witness at the Hillborough enquiry.....

MMU are ranked in the bottom 15% of UK universities so any report published by any of their staff does not impress me..