Club Statement

15 minutes ago, Ian said:

Duckenfield is not to blame......he was a very very small piece of what went in that day..,,,not just that day but at football grounds up and down the Country in the 80’s

im as pissed off as anyone about this but don’t bring Duckenfield in to it, blame doesn’t need to be deflected when there is none 

I'm not blaming Duckenfield for this - or indeed being solely responsible for the events in 1989. There were alot of contributors to the disaster, many of them nothing to do with SYP, Sheffield Wednesday or indeed Sheffield itself. The point I'm making is that his defence team will use any tactic they can to deflect or lessen any responsibility - that's their job. Call me suspicious but the timing is convenient. The Cub will hardly have time to have their own assessment done before the trial so the findings of this report, whether correct or not, will stand. 

Edited by doubleo

Just now, doubleo said:

I'm not blaming Duckenfield for this - or indeed being solely responsible for the events in 1989. There were alot of contributors to the disaster, many of them nothing to do with SYP, Sheffield Wednesday or indeed Sheffield itself. The point I'm making is that his defence team will use any tactic they can to deflect or lessen any responsibility - that's their job. Call me suspicious but the timing odd. The Cub will hardly have time to have their own assessment done before the trial so the findings of this report, whether corrector not, will stand. 

One of them being that all Liverpool fans seated in the North Stand were made to enter through one end of the stand and not use both sets of turnstiles which resulted in a major crush outside the ground as the entire North Stand was made to use half of the available entrances.

Hmmm, it's as if they've learned nothing...

1 hour ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

So 121 years to conclude the forecourt is a problem. DC standing firm and not rolling over to be admired. We should commission HSE, Warwick RD, Birmingham for help on this. 

I'm a Labour man but after all his promises any Owl that votes Billings as commissioner is a fool. Billings Out !

Billings has always been a fool. 

https://www.barnsleyfc.co.uk/news/2019/august/swfc500/

"Further allocation on sale!

We’re pleased to announce that we have now received a further allocation of tickets from Sheffield Wednesday. This allocation is for 500 tickets.

Barnsley Football Club have been in constant contact with our South Yorkshire counterparts about a further allocation, fully understanding that there are many, many Barnsley fans wishing to attend the match who do not currently have tickets.

We can only apologise for this late decision. The club had already put provision in place for the Reds Box Office to stay open until 6pm this evening in the hope we would get more tickets, for fans that wish to purchase after they have finished work, subject to availability.

We will also open online sales until 8am on Saturday morning, subject to availability. After 8am, no further tickets will be able to be sold.

Supporters will then have the option to collect their tickets from the Reds Superstore at Oakwell between 9am-12noon on Saturday morning.

Alternatively, there will be a collection option at Hillsborough from 1:30pm onwards on Saturday. This will be located at GATE 6, which is next to the away turnstiles." 

The area outside the Leppings  Lane turnstiles is wider than many at other grounds. It's completely ridiculous that SYP / SAG and indeed whoever compiled that report should arrive at the conclusion that home supporters must not enter or leave via Leppings Lane.

One can only conclude that SYP / SAG have a grudge against the club and told the report writer what to put in the report.

As others have said - what a complete stitch up.  I hope Chansiri wipes the floor with them once he has a truly INDEPENDENT report prepared.

30 minutes ago, akbuk said:

Knock leppings lane stand  down and rebuild with proper access ,we've done virtually nothing to resolve problems and it looks like we can't take a hint instead we will try to prove the wrong 'fat chance'

The access there has been the same gor decades , yet all of a sudden the bellends at SAG deem it unsafe. Reyt .

27 minutes ago, DELUDED OWL said:

Here ya go fellas,this is the REAL REASON...........................................Introducing some thick dingle from dingle land........

BetterRedThanDead, Today at 10:53 AM

I think the obvious reason behind all of this is that Wednesday are skint and I mean really skint....
What’s likely is they can’t afford the additional Matchday costs of accommodating extra away fans especially considering extra policing required for a local derby. This is also despite the fact they are charging silly money for tickets .

As far as I am aware they remain under a soft transfer embargo so can’t spend fees on transfers as their signings have been frees or loans. So I would imagine what little money they have has all gone into funding the wages for those signings and they are having to make sacrifices elsewhere.

He should stick to playing happy families with his sister.