Club Statement

Just now, archieswfc said:

We need to make some sort of stance against SAG. Us fans I mean, not sure what or how but it needs addressing. This is our club and our ground. We shouldn't be made to feel guilty for supporting Wednesday or playing at our home. 

Everybody should try and enter the ground via LL.  Needs organising so everyone turns up at the same time.

52 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

This from me to the Labour Party.

Not so long ago CLP's across Sheffield voted for triggers in regard to our Police Commissioner Alan Billings. Following some extremely incompetent policing last March, Billings apologised (sort of ) for a mess that was of the own making of the Police by going back on an order of releasing fans 15 minutes after the final whistle. In the following days Billings was full of remorse and promised closer cooperation between the Police, SAG and SWFC. This was March 2019. Since then without any discussion he has at SYP expense commissioned a report from Prof Keith Still Manchester University which he has used o enable a partial closure order on the ground which is more likely to cause rather than solve problems. Comrades may remember that I asked many months ago for SAG members/reps to speak to our CLP without any progress. This move by Billings is shameful it is intended to shift the blame away from SYP generally and Duckenfield in particular and onto the design of the stadium. I am not at all happy with this and when the commissioner election comes around I will be voting against Billings.

Sorry to correct you Stills is from Manchester Metropolitan University, not Manchester University and Manchester Metropolitan University is ranked in the bottom 15% of UK Universities.

Just now, vulva said:

Agree. I do hope these North people arn’t too noisy. 

Ive heard they are terribly naughty..shoutin' and pointin'....One once ran on the pitch and tw*tted a sunderland fan!..just cos!!!!! then they chased the whole Crystal Palace team down the tunnel...just...cos!

Its like the Vikings comin' to Lindisfarne again.....I'll be lucky to get out wivout being ravished...or summat!

(Again)

1 hour ago, Royal_D said:

Not a chance we should be demolishing anything, sorry , strongly disagree with that 

the issue here is not the ground, it’s SYPD sheer incompetence at policing a crowd 

Very true we can demolish the ground but that doesn’t change the fact that SYP are incompetent.  What makes people think that we will be treated better in a new ground given the many consistent and continual failures of the police force? (Rotherham, Orgreave etc.)

They ( SYP / SAG) have not offered a proper explanation for their concerns about the alleged unsafe aspect of fans entering the North stand via Leppings Lane.  It's all very 'woolly' and lacking in detail.  It would be interesting to get hold of a copy of this report which has been done and find out what the detailed concerns are.

Anyone got any idea if we can insist that it's made public?

Just now, Kevan said:

They ( SYP / SAG) have not offered a proper explanation for their concerns about the alleged unsafe aspect of fans entering the North stand via Leppings Lane.  It's all very 'woolly' and lacking in detail.  It would be interesting to get hold of a copy of this report which has been done and find out what the detailed concerns are.

Anyone got any idea if we can insist that it's made public?

Freedom of information request if it isn’t already public.

So have they allocated seats on The South and the Kop?

Or do they just go 

*Click* "Sorry mate South or Kop"

"Which seat?"

"South or Kop seat"

"Yea but which seat have I been allocated on the South or the Kop, bearing in mind Ive paid £40 and don't believe thats the price on the Kop"

ERRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

"Don't make me click me clicker again Sonny"

Just now, asteener1867 said:

So have they allocated seats on The South and the Kop?

Or do they just go 

*Click* "Sorry mate South or Kop"

"Which seat?"

"South or Kop seat"

"Yea but which seat have I been allocated on the South or the Kop, bearing in mind Ive paid £40 and don't believe thats the price on the Kop"

ERRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

"Don't make me click me clicker again Sonny"

Feel sorry for the stewards tomorrow if they have to move people from the North

Owlstalk Shop

53 minutes ago, The Regulator said:

Is this a coincidence?

The Safety at Sports Grounds and Major Events Lead Officer is someone called Andrew Udall. I believe that he either sits on or even chairs SAG.

The same Andrew Udall has, for the last 2 years and 5 months, been Head of Facilities Management at Sheffield United Football Club.

If that's true then ALOT more attention needs bringing to that. Clear conflict of interest. 

• Thanks 1