Club Statement

1. As a working consultant I am fully aware of what my client wants me to say before I make a report. I have to maintain professional standards but I'm not a neutral actor.

2. The probable author of the report from MMU is Prof Keith Still. He has a vast depth of knowledge on crowd safety and crowds. Fair play.

He was also expert witness at the Hillborough enquiry.....

2 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

This exactly what they're hoping for.  It will give them an excuse to shut the North and Kop.  I'm just glad my ST is in the South.

I am. Imagine sitting with those North people, or the Kop ruffians. 

Edited by vulva
  • Haha 1

Alan Billings is the man to hold to account for this.....Police and Crime commissionaire for South Yorkshire.....and it’s an electable position.

Every single Wednesday fan should contact him holding him to account for what is going on and reminding him that more than half of South Yorkshire will remember this when election time comes around

• Like 1

Knock leppings lane stand  down and rebuild with proper access ,we've done virtually nothing to resolve problems and it looks like we can't take a hint instead we will try to prove the wrong 'fat chance'

Absolute disgrace. SY Police have enough against them already and they are now just compounding their position as possibly the worst in the country. As others have said, the response to dreadful policing is yet again, to target our football club rather than make improvements to their policing. 

I have sat in the North since 1961 when the capacity was 10,000 and always enter from Leppings Lane, without a problem except during the miners strike when the police created the problem. 

They are now creating a H&S problem by halving the size of the entrance and exit which seems to be completely against the Taylor report. 

This is vindictive and completely unintelligent and seems seems to be part of a growing mood that the club should be punished on an ongoing basis unlike any other in the UK. 

I tend to agree that it will not cease until either we re-build Hillsborough or move to a new purpose developed site. 

Dejphon, I believe you have the support of every Wednesdayite to fight this with everything you have at your disposal. 

5 minutes ago, Peacenocchio said:

1. As a working consultant I am fully aware of what my client wants me to say before I make a report. I have to maintain professional standards but I'm not a neutral actor.

2. The probable author of the report from MMU is Prof Keith Still. He has a vast depth of knowledge on crowd safety and crowds. Fair play.

He was also expert witness at the Hillborough enquiry.....

Or maybe Prof Keith Brown ...................director of art and digital tecnologies at MMU :ph34r:

13 minutes ago, doubleo said:

The timing is interesting - Duckenfields re-trial next month - just wonder if his defence will bring this up ? - deflecting blame onto the design of the Ground.

Throw enough **** and some will stick.

Duckenfield is not to blame......he was a very very small piece of what went in that day..,,,not just that day but at football grounds up and down the Country in the 80’s

im as pissed off as anyone about this but don’t bring Duckenfield in to it, blame doesn’t need to be deflected when there is none 

1 minute ago, Ian said:

Duckenfield is not to blame......he was a very very small piece of what went in that day..,,,not just that day but at football grounds up and down the Country in the 80’s

im as pissed off as anyone about this but don’t bring Duckenfield in to it, blame doesn’t need to be deflected when there is none 

Duckenfield is just the fall guy for that corrupt mess of an ‘organisation’ 

Here ya go fellas,this is the REAL REASON...........................................Introducing some thick dingle from dingle land........

BetterRedThanDead, Today at 10:53 AM

I think the obvious reason behind all of this is that Wednesday are skint and I mean really skint....
What’s likely is they can’t afford the additional Matchday costs of accommodating extra away fans especially considering extra policing required for a local derby. This is also despite the fact they are charging silly money for tickets .

As far as I am aware they remain under a soft transfer embargo so can’t spend fees on transfers as their signings have been frees or loans. So I would imagine what little money they have has all gone into funding the wages for those signings and they are having to make sacrifices elsewhere.

• Haha 3

Can you imagine if we'd been promoted and tomorrow was our first home game back in the Premier the national press, BBC, SKY would've been all over this, Hillsborough isn't fit to host football matches, social media petitions to have the ground closed, that's why I feel it's time to move the ground is used as a stick to beat the club with and will not change for the foreseeable future 

1 minute ago, owler66 said:

Can you imagine if we'd been promoted and tomorrow was our first home game back in the Premier the national press, BBC, SKY would've been all over this, Hillsborough isn't fit to host football matches, social media petitions to have the ground closed, that's why I feel it's time to move the ground is used as a stick to beat the club with and will not change for the foreseeable future 

Fuckem all mate.  Don't be a surrender monkey.  Hillsborough forever.

Don't give away fans any allocation. Owls fans can then exit where they want and the North can retain it's current capacity.

I don't want to stop away fans attending but if they want to reduce capacity because of this farce I'd prefer to look after our own as a priority.

7 minutes ago, Ian said:

The disaster itself was one thing but it was the aftermath where the actions of some people, including senior police officers, poliiticians and the press, was called into question.

The role of the police was criticised in the 2012 independent report. Amongst other things "116 of 164 police statements were 'amended to remove or alter comments unfavourable to South Yorkshire police'" (Guardian, 12 Sept 2012)