Club Statement

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Imagine if it gets to the point where the North is at capacity and they have to relocate some fans onto the kop/south?

How on earth would they make that happen?

Via Penistone road of course.

11 minutes ago, wednesdaywizard said:

Feels like a symptom of the recent Hillsborough trial to me this.  They aren't getting enough prosecutions out of it so the powers that be (and SYP) now decide to create a report that says the forecourt isn't suitable, and therefore never was, so before you know it, it'll be the forecourts/clubs fault.

They wanted to call the game off tomorrow.  I said earlier in the week, imagine the media boner if that happens over safety issues.  Seems they're (the BBC) going with it anyway.

Is that true? If so that's scary the lengths these clowns will go to. I know they have been mad with segregation for a while but it seems they've gone mental over the last 3/4 years. 

14 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

"We"   are still paying for the disaster and just remind me who was at fault there ??

To date, the only criminal conviction in respect of April 1989 is that of Graham Mackrell. He breached health and safety by failing to open sufficient turnstiles, even though the number of turnstiles open would have been a mattervfor a wide range of bodies to agree.

If people throw enough poo, it eventually sticks.  

Well done again DC for standing up for his club, who besides name, bears no resemblance nor responsibility to that in situ in April 1989.  

4 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

They can't force you to move, if you've paid for the seat.

They won't, but I read it that if it reaches a certain capacity they may not let you in, ticket or not. 

Can't see it coming to that though, they already know exactly how many people have tickets for the North tomorrow - and not all will be at the game anyway due to holidays, work, illness etc.

Amazing really, because had the police have done what they said they were going to do, which was keep United supporters in the ground for 15 mins after the final whistle then this wouldn't be an issue. But they released them at the same time, thus contributing imho to an already inflamed situation.

So in their infinite wisdom, they have decided to create additional congestion to an already very busy area. Smart, very smart indeed.

• Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, wednesdaywizard said:

Feels like a symptom of the recent Hillsborough trial to me this.  They aren't getting enough prosecutions out of it so the powers that be (and SYP) now decide to create a report that says the forecourt isn't suitable, and therefore never was, so before you know it, it'll be the forecourts/clubs fault.

I have no doubt that (rightly or wrongly) SYP and parts of the establishment are fiercely defensive of former Chief Superintendent David Dukinfield 

1 minute ago, marconi said:

Like to know the football alegences of this SAG team.

To be fair to them they've been presented with a report that says that end of the ground is unsafe. The way things are nowadays a ruling like this is pretty inevitable - whether it's Hillsborough or any other ground.  It takes a bold authority to ignore that.

It's SYP that are trying to make their job easier - that's the problem. 

Heaven help us if this lot were around in 1965.

I exited Leppings Lane end amongst a crowd of 55,000 without a single problem, just  3 or 4 mounted policemen funnelling the crowd into Leppings Lane.

Every single problem in that ground from caging people in to opening exit gates before kick off (more than once) and finally restricting free movement of exiting fans, has been caused by the self same police force now restricting the club’s activities.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As many have said , the disaster remains the big determinant of any thinking whilst we remain at Hillsboro . SAG and SYP panic but dont think through alternative solutions . In the meantime we'll have to accept this inadequate plan and see how the Club's appeal goes .

Bet the businesses  on L L haven't been consulted . The L L programme shop must be overjoyed !

Due to the incompetent SYP the club/fans are being punished because they are not fit enough police a football match.

I hope the club take this to court win the case then request due to the incompetence of SYP and the SAG that all lost income is compensated for. 

Enough is enough and glad we are taking a stand against them. 

Interesting both Sheffield clubs complained about the over zealous tactics of the SYP, the SYP blame someone else. 

Been down  that road before, they are basically not fit for purpose. 

• Thanks 1