Club Statement

5 minutes ago, shez owl said:

It now smacks as a vendetta.....Pig fans throw bottles, smash up away fans coaches, chuck fireworks, charge away fans outside their turnstiles,  but nothing is ever said or done.

maybe now they’re in the prem it will get reported more and they’ll be seen as the scum champ fans know they are and SYP are shamed for doing nothing, but I won’t hold my breath.

Don't necessarily think that there's a vendetta but certainly agree that there are some obvious double standards here. We generally have a pretty well behaved set of fans in comparison to many. For a Friday night 'derby' game the trouble was little more than 'handbags' and was very easily avoided. Totally over the top response imo.

7 minutes ago, Rodger Wylde said:

It doesn't say anything about entering/exiting the South Stand via Leppings Lane. I guess this is ok then, which if correct seems to make the closure of the Leppings Lane North Stand turnstiles a little pointless.

Or have I missed something?

Ah, the club statement doesn't mention the South Stand but the explanation from SAG does say no entry or exit for the South Stand as well.

So that will be approx. 2,000 fans entering/exiting via Leppings Lane and 28,000 entering/exiting via Penistone Road/Parkside Road.

Great idea!

Where in the country do you not have away fans immediately mixing with home support? Outside the Lane last year we were straight into them.

It's total victimisation. We have had games at Hillsborough for 30 years since 1989, and I bet our safety record stands up to any other league club. 

1 minute ago, Bing Cosby said:

This.

What other public body would be allowed to repeatedly fail for so long?

Should have been disbanded years ago.

Being Thatcher's poodles saved them for years.

There is no justification to bring the unfortunate events of 1989 up, again and again. 

It can't happen again there are no fences!!! 

Imo Hillsborough is as safe and equally as dangerous as any stadium in the country.

Accidents and violence can happen a repeat of that disaster cannot. 

We don't need to move to make if safe, it is safe or at least as safe as large public events can ever be ffs

Edited by Geedee

The timing is interesting - Duckenfields re-trial next month - just wonder if his defence will bring this up ? - deflecting blame onto the design of the Ground.

Throw enough **** and some will stick.

Edited by doubleo

Just now, pitsmoor-blue said:

Someone will get killed on Penistone Road unless the stop the traffic before and after the game, we have had several near misses.

Adding all of the North Stand onto Penistone Road will only make this worse.

Safety Action Group my arse

This exactly what they're hoping for.  It will give them an excuse to shut the North and Kop.  I'm just glad my ST is in the South.