Club Statement

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

If the first 1000 North standers get in tomorrow, then immediately go out of the ground and back in 10 times there will be chaos as the clickers will believe the stand is full and divert thousands of fans to the kop or south

Will their tickets work twice on the turnstile tho@?

The answer is to ..

Listen for the click...then leave before entering the turnstile...rejoin the Q and do the same again

Edited by asteener1867
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Owl 44 said:

Didn't loads of our fans get crushed and forced through 2 turnstiles at Bramall Lane last season. Has a report been done on this and new safety precautions put in place? Course not. 

For some reason different rules apply at DTBL. Where home fans are allowed to congregate and stand on street corners adjacent the away end and throw ammunition at away fans. Beggars belief.

3 hours ago, akbuk said:

Knock leppings lane stand  down and rebuild with proper access ,we've done virtually nothing to resolve problems and it looks like we can't take a hint instead we will try to prove the wrong 'fat chance'

Even building a new Leppjngs Lane stand would not necessarily solve the problem of the constricted access onto Leppings Lane.

A permanent solution could be a new bridge (or 2) across the river onto Catch Bar Lane for the egress of away supporters only.

The simple solution seems to have escsped the brain dead at SAG . Just keep the away fans in the ground for 20 minutes until all the home supporters have cleared the area. No chance of any issues then..Back in the day when i went to every away game,  this was common procedure. 

Its hardly rocket science ffs .

Edited by S36 OWL
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Feel sorry for the stewards tomorrow if they have to move people from the North

Yeh, reyt point , any support forthcoming from the famous SYPD to the poor stewards who are gonna be tasked with explaining this sham to joe public ? 

2.30pm tomoz, home fans merry, stewards trying to move people from there seats. To seats they dont want. 

Carnage. 

Untold carnage. 

Feel sorry for those that are going to have to try and implement it and those that it effects. 

Edited by Maddogbob

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

If the club have oversold the tickets on the North Stand then it'll be the latecomers to the match that will be moved surely?

Yup and they will have been in the pub I expect. Not all I might add. But alcohol in the mix. The grog does strange things to people. 

Huge potential for disorder. Something we dont need. 

Imagine getting rifted out of your season ticket seat. 

Edited by Maddogbob

54 minutes ago, RichieB said:

If that's true then ALOT more attention needs bringing to that. Clear conflict of interest. 

According to his LinkedIn page he holds both jobs simultaneously and has done for a couple of years. It’s scandalous really and a clear conflict of interest. Who are SAG and SYP accountable to? Questions need to be asked because currently have us over a barrel. They are able to control our attendances (and, therefore, revenue), make decisions which put thousands of people in greater danger (as is the case tomorrow), potentially cancel fixtures etc etc etc. If we don’t comply or an incident occurs on penistone road tomorrow, they have more reason to throw more s**t at us.  

1 minute ago, owltilidie said:

According to his LinkedIn page he holds both jobs simultaneously and has done for a couple of years. It’s scandalous really and a clear conflict of interest. Who are SAG and SYP accountable to? Questions need to be asked because currently have us over a barrel. They are able to control our attendances (and, therefore, revenue), make decisions which put thousands of people in greater danger (as is the case tomorrow), potentially cancel fixtures etc etc etc. If we don’t comply or an incident occurs on penistone road tomorrow, they have more reason to throw more s**t at us.  

That was my source of information. In the other SAG thread I’ve been told that he reports into Stephen Lonnia, Head of Licensing, who is also a United fan (and is now in fact Chair of SAG). This stinks to high heaven.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, The Regulator said:

That was my source of information. In the other SAG thread I’ve been told that he reports into Stephen Lonnia, Head of Licensing, who is also a United fan (and is now in fact Chair of SAG). This stinks to high heaven.

All contactable via Linked In. Should start to give them some stick and make them feel a little uncomfortable.

Shambolic

23 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

The simple solution seems to have escsped the brain dead at SAG . Just keep the away fans in the ground for 20 minutes until all the home supporters have cleared the area. No chance of any issues then..Back in the day when i went to every away game,  this was common procedure. 

Its hardly rocket science ffs .

So there is a solution 

How do Home supporters who travel to the ground by Supertram from either the City centre or from the Middlewood end go on Will they have to disembark at the Hillsborough park stop and cross the park instead of simply going down leppings lane?