A Nightmare on Jihadi John Street

darra

28 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

Absolutely gutted for them.  I like to see both Sheffield teams do as well as they possibly can and it’s a crying shame that United won’t be flying the great flag of Sheffield in Europe this next season like Wednesday did previously.

What a fuckingabsolutedisappointment!

09AD8341-3705-4CC0-B6FB-E665AE5A4FE4.jpeg

Reminds of the scruffy bloke from last of the summer wine.

8 hours ago, belfast owl lad said:

I wish we had just finished the season in their position.

Yep so do I.

Going forward in my lifetime though there will be times when we finish higher than them, their will be times that they finish higher than us.... the fact remains however that I’ve still seen my club achieve things they can only dream of.

• Love 2

2 hours ago, nickswfc said:

So if Wolves win Europa and Chelsea win the FA Cup, the EPL will only put two teams into the Europa League?

No three. Leicester wolves and probably spurs. That’s how I understand it. If wolves don’t win it then it will still be those three. 

1 hour ago, Sir Says said:

IMG-20200720-WA0003.jpg

Got a few bites with this one last night, apparently we are not in a position to gloat but I'll take anything at the moment knowing how many of my mates were certain that they'd be playing in Europe next season.

Another season without a trophy (got to be approaching a century now?) and no European adventure I'm afraid. Always hurts them lot when I mention that I've actually seen my side play in Europe and lift a major trophy. It might have been 25+ year ago but it's still an achievement they've never experienced despite us being poo since then.

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

BBC article saying they're possibly the best promoted team of the premier League era. Despite Newcastle and forest finishing 3rd, Blackburn 4th and Ipswich 5th. Even wolves did better last season. Their on a par with Reading from their first stint in the premier League.

Was going to post similar. Funny how the BBC article is headlined "Are Blades the best Premier League Newcomers?", and then proves that they're nowhere near. They could have just saved some bandwidth and put "no". 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53452207

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, sonofbert2 said:

Absolutely gutted for them.  I like to see both Sheffield teams do as well as they possibly can and it’s a crying shame that United won’t be flying the great flag of Sheffield in Europe this next season like Wednesday did previously.

What a fuckingabsolutedisappointment!

09AD8341-3705-4CC0-B6FB-E665AE5A4FE4.jpeg

image.gif.60186b34b37a3e12a75a96051aa3f7b5.gif

• Haha 3