A Nightmare on Jihadi John Street

darra

5 minutes ago, nickswfc said:

Can someone explain how they can't make Europe mathmatically

Because everything I've seen so far suggests they still can, albeit a very long shot.

The highest they can now finish is 8th.

If Man U or Wolves win the Europa League then they qualify for next season's Champions League tournament. What that doesn't mean is their spot in Eutope (assuming they finish in a European place when the season finishes) is then allocated to the next team down. 

Basically, the team in 7th might get into Europa League, but that depends on who wins the FA Cup.

If Arsenal win it then 7th will miss out, as it is pretty unlikely they'll get top 6 now.

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

The highest they can now finish is 8th.

If Man U or Wolves win the Europa League then they qualify for next season's Champions League tournament. What that doesn't mean is their spot in Eutope (assuming they finish in a European place when the season finishes) is then allocated to the next team down. 

So England would only have two teams in the Europa?

(If Arsenal don't win the cup and Wolves win the Europa)

Edited by nickswfc

4 minutes ago, nickswfc said:

So England would only have two teams in the Europa?

(If Arsenal don't win the cup and Wolves win the Europa)

I believe so.

Think the most you can have is three and that's dependent on a team finishing outside the top 6 winning the FA cup.

It is rather complicated, but Shef U blew their last chance yesterday.

2 hours ago, SiJ said:

Basically, the team in 7th might get into Europa League, but that depends on who wins the FA Cup.

If Arsenal win it then 7th will miss out, as it is pretty unlikely they'll get top 6 now.

It's still possible for either Spurs or Arsenal to finish 7th and miss out on the Europa League, whilst Wolves finish 8th but qualify for the Champions League. 

7 minutes ago, alanharper said:

It's still possible for either Spurs or Arsenal to finish 7th and miss out on the Europa League, whilst Wolves finish 8th but qualify for the Champions League. 

It isn't. Wolves can't finish lower than 7th.

7 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Man utd should sell de gea and let Henderson and Romero fight it out

I said the same earlier.

De Gea is making many mistakes - I can only assume this is due to his concentration and interest fading.

A move would suit both parties - Man Utd can still get some decent money for him.

2 minutes ago, Skyline said:

I said the same earlier.

De Gea is making many mistakes - I can only assume this is due to his concentration and interest fading.

A move would suit both parties - Man Utd can still get some decent money for him.

It's not that simple, when De Gea is on a ridiculous £375k per week.

Who's going to be willing to pay that, plus a hefty transfer fee, for a keeper who's starting to get a reputation for making costly mistakes?  

1 minute ago, alanharper said:

It's not that simple, when De Gea is on a ridiculous £375k per week.

Who's going to be willing to pay that, plus a hefty transfer fee, for a keeper who's starting to get a reputation for making costly mistakes?  

True, never thought about wages to be honest.

And on those wages Man Utd can't afford to have him sat on the bench whilst a young local lad is in the sticks. 

I must admit, he's much better than I thought. He could easily be England No1 very soon, if not now. I guess that's one saving grace, if Man utd are forced to let him go, someone will come in with a much higher offer than United can or would be willing to offer. 

12 minutes ago, Skyline said:

I said the same earlier.

I don't think he's been any good for a couple of seasons

As @alanharper said, I agree, will be dead difficult to offload him now on that ridiculous contract they gave him

Dean Henderson is a good goalkeeper there’s no doubt about it.

Is he better than De Gea? No.

is he better than Arrizabalaga? No.

People are getting caught up on the mistakes the likes of Arrizabalaga and De Gea are making. Some are glaringly obvious errors which are happenening purely due to a lack of concentration. Chelsea’s 2nd goal is a prime example.

What nobody seems to look at is the fundamentals. De Gea more often than not makes the game look simple. He saves the shots you’d expect him to save. When he makes a mistake it’s a glaringly obvious error which, usually is a result of poor concentration.

Other goalkeepers, the likes of Henderson, Nick Pope, Dubravka, all good keepers and, very rarely make an obvious error however, I’d argue they concede more goals where you’d think ‘The keeper should do better’.