An unpopular opinion.

1 minute ago, Beholder said:

Ah the old 'victim' chestnut. Didn't take long did it.

Is it time for you to post your 'crying man' gif?

Or maybe grow up and stop posting about posters....

It is true though.

When anyone calls you out on stuff or puts forward a counter view, you fallback on being the victim and accusing everyone of stifling debate. 

• Thanks 1

My own opinion, FWIW 

Look closely at the time line.first.

Benitez is unsatisfied with the policy of transfers and spending at Newcastle and so - leaves

Afterwards, an none of us know the time difference, Ashley approaches Chansiri with 'May I speak to your Manager?'

Bruce is linked with Newcastle

Despite a supposedly lower offer, Bruce decides to take Newcastle job

Nothing untoward that. Bruce has the choice of either 

a) managing an allegedly struggling Premiership side, with relegation worries, or

b) a posslbly promising Championship side with hopes of promotion.

The fact that Newcastle are his boyhood club is immaterial. Much as we may not like the move, the timing, or what, it is HIS future that he must consider..

The result goes gainst us  

35 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

So it’s his last opportunity to manage in the Premier League for a club he apparently loves in Newcastle. But you are blaming him for timing? You’re right there is never a good time, so I find it hard that people are blaming Bruce for jumping ship when it could be the last time in his life that such an opportunity presents itself. Football folks. 

I remain the belief that if Bruce has confidence in the setup at Wednesday he would have stayed. He’s no idiot. No doubt people will call me a Chansiri hater and all sorts just for not calling a Bruce a snake etc.

Its he manner in which it has been done which gives him the label of being a snake. 

For example; from what I gather it takes a week to sort a visa for a China. Apparently you have to go somewhere to provide finger prints. Does this mean he did this BEFORE flying to Portugal? 

Its grubby.

59 minutes ago, Beholder said:

I know this opinion won't be popular on here but looking beyond the obvious knee jerk "Bruce is a snake" narrative, why would a manager jump ship from a club where he is loved by the fans to a club where he is already hated and are  favourites to be relegated? A club with a well known toxic atmosphere...

Because they are his boyhood club?

Not buying it.

I'm more inclined to believe that Bruce was unhappy at Wednesday. We already know he had showdown talks with DC about refusing to sell players. We already know he couldn't buy players.

It came out on one of the earlier twitter rumours about his departure that the chairman let him down in terms of promises given. 

If we were in a position to get up I don't see him jumping ship. 

I know this post will accumulate negs from all the usuals but it's not an opinion currently being aired on this forum which is why it should be discussed.

Apart from the fact that Bruce has stated in several interviews that he knew the money situation before he took the job, your post falls down on two of it's main points.

We already know he had showdown talks with DC about refusing to sell players. We don't know that at all, there may have been reports of people surmising that but no hard facts.

We already know he couldn't buy players. We have re-signed 3 players and signed 3 new ones, all presumably Bruce's choices.

5 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Ah the old 'victim' chestnut. Didn't take long did it.

Is it time for you to post your 'crying man' gif?

Or maybe grow up and stop posting about posters....

1 hour ago, Beholder said:

I know this post will accumulate negs from all the usuals but it's not an opinion currently being aired on this forum which is why it should be discussed.

20 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Some decent responses in the thread form posters who are staying on topic.

Then the predictable 'attack the poster' responses from the usuals which are to be expected but do stifle discussion on this forum.. 

:rolleyes:

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, j17tjp said:

when Bruce came here (after sunning it up for a month) I was pleased. 

We’d got shot of Jos. And I kept thinking about how SB had been promoted before. He knew how to build a winning formula. 

But after seeing NUFCs dislike for him, I read up about his managerial history. 

PIGS walked out

HUDDS sacked

WIGAN walked out

PALACE walked out

BRUM walked out

WIGAN resigned 

SUNDERS sacked

HULL walked out

VILLA sacked

WEDNESDAY walked out

It’s like watching a crime investigation or a thriller... all the signs are there but when you put all the pieces together, you can’t believe you fell for it. 

God Damn Cabbage !!!

Yeah bang on, Colombo would have been onto him in a nano second

Guest The Horse

Never felt his heart was in it.

Had the air about him that we were his 3AM Princess.

As soon as something with perceived higher status came along, he didn't even give us a second thought.

Manager Hypergamy in action.

42 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

So it’s his last opportunity to manage in the Premier League for a club he apparently loves in Newcastle. But you are blaming him for timing? You’re right there is never a good time, so I find it hard that people are blaming Bruce for jumping ship when it could be the last time in his life that such an opportunity presents itself. Football folks. 

I remain the belief that if Bruce has confidence in the setup at Wednesday he would have stayed. He’s no idiot. No doubt people will call me a Chansiri hater and all sorts just for not calling a Bruce a snake etc.

I think you are wrong. look at Bruce's history, he has a history of jumping ship at any opportunity. He's a professional and Newcastle isn't much more than any other club to him. Just imagine Manu or Liverpool offered him a job tomorrow (OK I know it's a stretch) how long would he stay at Newcastle? A nanosecond?

There is no indication that there were problems behind the scenes here appart from 1 comment about talking to DC about reducing some player sales prices. He was allowed to bring in backroom staff he wanted. I don't believe he had a problem here.

There are many, many, many things that are not being discussed on here; doesn’t necessarily mean they should be!

Guest Kameron

There were  mumblings several weeks ago which seemed to calm down with the start of pre season.  There were strong rumours that Bruce was ready to walk, i took about 72 million negs for posting said rumour.  He's obviously  told his agent to get him the Newcastle job after it became apparent loads were turning it down.  He's used us as a stepping stone, he knew what he'd signed up for and knew our financial predicament, unfortunately we have to take the compo and move on.  We're not the first and won't be the last to be fc uked over by this c v nt of a man. 

Edited by Kameron

I know this opinion won't be popular on here but looking beyond the obvious knee jerk "Bruce is a snake" narrative, why would a manager jump ship from a club where he is loved by the fans to a club where he is already hated and are  favourites to be relegated? A club with a well known toxic atmosphere...

Not buying it.

I'm more inclined to believe that Bruce was unhappy at Wednesday. We already know he had showdown talks with DC about refusing to sell players. We already know he couldn't buy players.

It came out on one of the earlier twitter rumours about his departure that the chairman let him down in terms of promises given. 

So he's left because the chairman didn't keep his promises re player sales and purchases to a club whose manager has just left for pretty much the same reasons

Guest Kameron
1 minute ago, darra said:

So he's left because the chairman didn't keep his promises re player sales and purchases to a club whose manager has just left for pretty much the same reasons

He's gone for the money simple as that, don't be fooled by the he's on less that he was here bull sh it. The guy now has a three year contract that will of course have to be paid in full when he inevitably gets the sack.

1 hour ago, Lizzie Birdsworth said:

I  don't really think anyone begrudges him going to Newcastle.  its the way he's gone about it that has made people so angry..   its that simple.  

Tbf, that’s b*llocks mate.  There were plenty on here dishing out abuse to Bruce this time last week before SB had showed his hand.  There’s a lot of scorned Owls fans, that can’t handle it that our former manager saw Newcastle as a more appealing job.

1 hour ago, Rhubarb n Custard said:

Agreed.

As others have said it's the way he's gone about it.

At least be a man and own your situation.

Time to move on.

I mean, he did resign here.  Bruce was the guy that brought the uncertainty to an end.  You might not have like how he went about it, I certainly don’t, but he did ‘own’ the situation.

• Man with one last job in him suddenly sees home town club job become available. Has to go for it. 
  • Knows it's last chance.
  • Also knows he'll get a massive pay off if he's sacked or a massive bonus if he isn't. 
  • So well known mercenary manager jumps ship to club  in bigger league.
  • Media start  narrative of Geordie lad "coming home" to a back drop of 'Local Hero' being played on pan-pipes. 
  • Previous club aren't happy and complain about tapping, breach of trust etc.
  • Ex-pro media chums start chipping off the sharp edges with little hints about conditions at last club.

I'm willing to wager it's a load of soft soaping cobblers from the old boys network trying to keep reputations in tact and things nice and cosy.

I don't doubt Chansiri might be hard to work for but he's bent over backwards for Bruce and he's been shafted.

My opinion; he knew the score when he joined, set out his demands and DC complied and gave him what he wanted, full control, backroom staff, upgraded his office etc

As soon as Rafa left, Bruce was into Newcastle begging for the job. Once they had worked through their shortlist (and a few others) to a point they were desperate, he was considered. 

I think DC has come out of this with dignity and dont see any blame other than Bruce pursuing his own personal agenda, as he has done all his career. 

Not buying it.

It's not a neg from me, its a disagree, think it has already been discussed by others above that there seems little reason for him to be unhappy with the way the Chairman had backed him re retained list, new staff and new players.

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

Not buying it.

This reeks of let’s make the situation about me. 

Load of old boll**ks

• Haha 1