An unpopular opinion.

23 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

For example; from what I gather it takes a week to sort a visa for a China. Apparently you have to go somewhere to provide finger prints. Does this mean he did this BEFORE flying to Portugal? 

Has he gone today or yesterday?

iVisa processes China visas for UK citizens in five business days.

Latest must have been last Tuesday / Wednesday...wasn't last Tuesday the dog walking day..WTF:

2 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Has he gone today or yesterday?

iVisa processes China visas for UK citizens in five business days.

Latest must have been last Tuesday / Wednesday...wasn't last Tuesday the dog walking day..WTF:

God knows. Wouldn’t surprise me if they went direct to Manchester Airport on Monday after resignation. 

2 minutes ago, Westfield Owl said:

Tbf, that’s b*llocks mate.  There were plenty on here dishing out abuse to Bruce this time last week before SB had showed his hand.  There’s a lot of scorned Owls fans, that can’t handle it that our former manager saw Newcastle as a more appealing job.

I mean, he did resign here.  Bruce was the guy that brought the uncertainty to an end.  You might not have like how he went about it, I certainly don’t, but he did ‘own’ the situation.

I have read some rubbish on here but praising Steve Bruce for the way he has handled this situation takes the biscuit.

And he resigned because Ashley told him to . How naive are you.

• Thanks 1

As is always the case, the truth is to be found somewhere in the middle but he has bought players, he did know what he was walking into, he was shown just how much he was wanted by his starting arrangements and he has left us in the lurch 3 weeks before the start of the season after seemingly been in negotiations for a further 3 weeks previous and does have serious form for similar behaviour which I am genuinely surprised nobody researched or pointed out (myself included) when he was first appointed.

The lure of the Premier with a huge club and fanbase is undoubtedly a factor coupled with the fact it's his boyhood club also.  He also probably feels that keeping them up is easier than taking us up and the fans there can easily be turned with just a few decent results given the fickleness of all fans these days.  The financial incentives will also be a part of the picture no doubt.

The irony in all this, all those posters who loved to end their posts with the super annoying.....

"In Bruce we trust"

I'm usually one of the people perfectly happy to blame chansiri. 

But not this time.

Bruce knew what he was facing when he took the job. He was aware of the financial position. 

Chansiri has to take the blame for many of the issues with Sheffield wednesday. But not this one.

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Chansiri has a very hands on approach, Bruce probably wanted to get on with the job with no interference from above.

At Newcastle, although Ashley is hardly the nicest man to work for, he’s so far removed from Newcastle he probably couldn’t even name 5 of his players. 

Plus a rumoured 90m to spend or a transfer embargo? 

I know you aren’t Chansiri’s biggest fan but if you think Ashley would be easier to work for than Ashley you’re having a laugh.

Ive seen a few interviews with Kevin Keegan where he talks about how Ashley constantly undermined his position as manager and lied to him.

Chansiri for all his faults is a man with principles, Mike Ashley however is not IMO.

He and Bruce are perfectly matched.

6 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

I have read some rubbish on here but praising Steve Bruce for the way he has handled this situation takes the biscuit.

And he resigned because Ashley told him to . How naive are you.

12 minutes ago, Westfield Owl said:

You might not have like how he went about it, I certainly don’t

If you read my post again, I’ve stated in plain English that I didn’t like how Bruce went about it.

1 hour ago, Beholder said:

I know this opinion won't be popular on here but looking beyond the obvious knee jerk "Bruce is a snake" narrative, why would a manager jump ship from a club where he is loved by the fans to a club where he is already hated and are  favourites to be relegated? A club with a well known toxic atmosphere...

Because they are his boyhood club?

Not buying it.

I'm more inclined to believe that Bruce was unhappy at Wednesday. We already know he had showdown talks with DC about refusing to sell players. We already know he couldn't buy players.

It came out on one of the earlier twitter rumours about his departure that the chairman let him down in terms of promises given. 

If we were in a position to get up I don't see him jumping ship. 

I know this post will accumulate negs from all the usuals but it's not an opinion currently being aired on this forum which is why it should be discussed.

An interesting take on it but not founded on any facts just twitter rumours as you state, so unfounded for me.

Again non of us know exactly what's gone on and in fact what's still going on, so speculation.

IMO, it appears DC and the club have shown great constraint and professionalism, given the circumstances but again IMO.

The red button is not a 'neg' just a disagree.

Opinions eh!

Some decent responses in the thread form posters who are staying on topic.

Then the predictable 'attack the poster' responses from the usuals which are to be expected but do stifle discussion on this forum.. 

The situation at Wednesday is certainly a factor. It's a factor that can't be excluded , and the 'bruce is a snake' narrative, whilst compelling , avoids looking at that. 

Im more interested in our situation and how that is influencing things than Bruce's character tbh. I don't care about Bruce's character but I do know he is a very good championship manager and I'm sad we lost him.

We probably won't get anyone as good 

We already know he had showdown talks with DC about refusing to sell players.

Have you made this up to embellish your post

13 minutes ago, Westfield Owl said:

Tbf, that’s b*llocks mate.  There were plenty on here dishing out abuse to Bruce this time last week before SB had showed his hand.  There’s a lot of scorned Owls fans, that can’t handle it that our former manager saw Newcastle as a more appealing job.

I mean, he did resign here.  Bruce was the guy that brought the uncertainty to an end.  You might not have like how he went about it, I certainly don’t, but he did ‘own’ the situation.

What I meant by 'own' was more about what he said ( or didn't say ) before he resigned.

Pretending he had a 'difficult decision' to make when it was a done deal and that he spoke to Newcastle out of 'respect' ?

Absolute B0llox.

There was little respect shown to DC in all of this.

He knew fine well he was off and was trying to spin the situation to suit his and Mike Ashley's own ends.

Bruce has shown his true colours again.

Yes I'm disappointed, like you and many others, but it's done now and we move on.

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

You haven't considered it as a factor.

You've discounted everything else and stated the reason Bruce left is because he didn't think we could compete.

Perhaps read your own posts before playing the victim card. 

Ah the old 'victim' chestnut. Didn't take long did it.

Is it time for you to post your 'crying man' gif?

Or maybe grow up and stop posting about posters....

If there is only one poster on this site who has reason to recall your history Beholder, it is me. This whole cycle of posting something that you know will attract criticism and then happily playing the victim has been your methodology for very many years. And again, the suspicion is that even you don't believe everything in your opening post.

But please be assured, I have no intention of reigniting the kind of arguments we used to have back in the days of he who shall not be named (who despite his own self-proclaimed genius has gone on to be an enormous failure at his next club).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Beholder said:

We already know he had showdown talks with DC about refusing to sell players.

I think the words ‘know’ and ‘showdown’ are doing a lot of work for you there but aren’t really grounded in any kind of substance.

4 minutes ago, Sonny said:

I think the words ‘know’ and ‘showdown’ are doing a lot of work for you there but aren’t really grounded in any kind of substance.

I will try and find and article or link that backs this up later.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Beholder said:

I know this opinion won't be popular on here but looking beyond the obvious knee jerk "Bruce is a snake" narrative, why would a manager jump ship from a club where he is loved by the fans to a club where he is already hated and are  favourites to be relegated? A club with a well known toxic atmosphere...

Because they are his boyhood club?

Not buying it.

I'm more inclined to believe that Bruce was unhappy at Wednesday. We already know he had showdown talks with DC about refusing to sell players. We already know he couldn't buy players.

It came out on one of the earlier twitter rumours about his departure that the chairman let him down in terms of promises given. 

If we were in a position to get up I don't see him jumping ship. 

I know this post will accumulate negs from all the usuals but it's not an opinion currently being aired on this forum which is why it should be discussed.

I was saying the same thing to someone after it happened.

Okay its his boyhood club blah, blah, blah, he's taking a job that no one wanted, the fans don't want him and they don't want the chairman either, just how bad is the Wednesday job at the minute for him to jump ship.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1