An unpopular opinion.

58 minutes ago, Striggy said:

It's not a neg from me, its a disagree, think it has already been discussed by others above that there seems little reason for him to be unhappy with the way the Chairman had backed him re retained list, new staff and new players.

how about sellling (unused/underused) players (at the right/market price) to generate income for (better quality/positions we need strengthening) players ????

14 minutes ago, paddyowl said:

Okay its his boyhood club blah, blah, blah, he's taking a job that no one wanted, the fans don't want him and they don't want the chairman either, just how bad is the Wednesday job at the minute for him to jump ship.

Another interesting take on it.

1 hour ago, Westfield Owl said:

Tbf, that’s b*llocks mate.  There were plenty on here dishing out abuse to Bruce this time last week before SB had showed his hand.  There’s a lot of scorned Owls fans, that can’t handle it that our former manager saw Newcastle as a more appealing job.

I mean, he did resign here.  Bruce was the guy that brought the uncertainty to an end.  You might not have like how he went about it, I certainly don’t, but he did ‘own’ the situation.

Never use the word b*llocks on a first date,  especially when talking to a lady.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Beholder said:

I know this opinion won't be popular on here but looking beyond the obvious knee jerk "Bruce is a snake" narrative, why would a manager jump ship from a club where he is loved by the fans to a club where he is already hated and are  favourites to be relegated? A club with a well known toxic atmosphere...

Because they are his boyhood club?

Not buying it.

I'm more inclined to believe that Bruce was unhappy at Wednesday. We already know he had showdown talks with DC about refusing to sell players. We already know he couldn't buy players.

It came out on one of the earlier twitter rumours about his departure that the chairman let him down in terms of promises given. 

If we were in a position to get up I don't see him jumping ship. 

I know this post will accumulate negs from all the usuals but it's not an opinion currently being aired on this forum which is why it should be discussed.

He walked out cos he's a snake and has previous form 

Nothing to do with our club or DC

He knew what he was walking into when he took over

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

If there is only one poster on this site who has reason to recall your history Beholder, it is me. This whole cycle of posting something that you know will attract criticism and then happily playing the victim has been your methodology for very many years. And again, the suspicion is that even you don't believe everything in your opening post.

But please be assured, I have no intention of reigniting the kind of arguments we used to have back in the days of he who shall not be named (who despite his own self-proclaimed genius has gone on to be an enormous failure at his next club).

Thank you.

The default position time and time again.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, brian joicey said:

how about sellling (unused/underused) players (at the right/market price) to generate income for (better quality/positions we need strengthening) players ????

Again though it's all speculation....

One of the players the rumours were around was Joao - Bruce being supposedly upset at DC's overvaluation of 8m then being linked with a move to Newcastle for only 1.8m just at the same time as SB was negotiating his departure.

Hmmmmmm........

Edited by sonofbert2

Guest Jack the Hat
3 hours ago, Beholder said:

I know this opinion won't be popular on here but looking beyond the obvious knee jerk "Bruce is a snake" narrative, why would a manager jump ship from a club where he is loved by the fans to a club where he is already hated and are  favourites to be relegated? A club with a well known toxic atmosphere...

Because they are his boyhood club?

Not buying it.

I'm more inclined to believe that Bruce was unhappy at Wednesday. We already know he had showdown talks with DC about refusing to sell players. We already know he couldn't buy players.

It came out on one of the earlier twitter rumours about his departure that the chairman let him down in terms of promises given. 

If we were in a position to get up I don't see him jumping ship. 

I know this post will accumulate negs from all the usuals but it's not an opinion currently being aired on this forum which is why it should be discussed.

I think you’ve nailed it! The title that is, everything else is rubbish. He left because it suited him - as he has done all his career. Simple.

1 hour ago, DJMortimer said:

If there is only one poster on this site who has reason to recall your history Beholder, it is me. This whole cycle of posting something that you know will attract criticism and then happily playing the victim has been your methodology for very many years. And again, the suspicion is that even you don't believe everything in your opening post.

But please be assured, I have no intention of reigniting the kind of arguments we used to have back in the days of he who shall not be named (who despite his own self-proclaimed genius has gone on to be an enormous failure at his next club).

I don't and never have posted about posters other than to address accusers, usually sij because he is obsessed with what he imagines posters on here are like. 

I really don't give a damn about personal stuff. Bores me. You all may be really interesting, intelligent or dysfunctional people. Doesn't matter to me. Its Wednesday I'm here to talk about.

End of the day DJ, it's just a forum to pass our time with a few opinions while the footy starts.  Sometimes I play devils advocate when I notice things are all herding in one direction. What's the big deal?

I don't think anyone is going to sit here now and refuse to acknowledge the fact that Chansiri's running of the club often leaves a lot to be desired. 

We can go on about embargos, over valuing of players and so forth. . . 

But we also know that, despite his faults, he has always backed his managers and showed an unwavering loyalty to them (often to his detriment). 

Steve Bruce was given a month off (a month off which may have cost us the play offs btw) and was then backed to bring in his own coaching/fitness/recruitment staff, plus four permanent signings and two loans. By all accounts he was also allowed to make changes to the training ground complex. It seems Chansiri was willing to do pretty much do anything to keep the guy happy. 

The reason Bruce has left is because Newcastle came calling and it is arguably the most high profile job he has ever had/ever will have. Yes, Mike Ashley is a fat moron, but Bruce has been around long enough to know he will get a tidy sum should it all goes t*ts up. Those who think he would have turned down the job if everyone was great at SWFC are pretty deluded imo. We are in the Championship - they are in the Prem and attract gates of 52,000. 

To try and pin his departure on Chansiri is extremely unfair in my opinion. There are more than enough things to criticise him for, without resorting to basically making stuff up to suit an agenda. 

1 minute ago, Beholder said:

I don't and never have posted about posters other than to address accusers, usually sij because he is obsessed with what he imagines posters on here are like. 

So you do exactly what you cry about other people allegedly doing. 

Righto. 

4 minutes ago, SiJ said:

So you do exactly what you cry about other people allegedly doing. 

Righto. 

Yeh I ignore you most of the time sij cos yr a problematic poster.

All gets a bit sticky and personal and argumentative with you and it's not what I'm here to do.

Sometimes like today I respond, otherwise you would be free to characterise me how you want, which is never gonna be positive, knowing your form on this site.

Edited by Beholder

Just now, Beholder said:

Yeh I ignore you most of the time sij cos yr a problematic poster.

All gets a but sticky and personal and argumentative with you and it's not what I'm here to do.

Sometimes like today I respond, otherwise you would be free to characterise me how you want, which is never gonna be positive, knowing your form on this site.

#playthevictim 

Perhaps learn to roll with the punches. You want to be all controversial, but don't like it when people call you out and challenge you. 

I've had one poster today tell me I have "issues", which is not a particularly nice thing to say but hey it's an internet forum. 

Just now, SiJ said:

#playthevictim 

Perhaps learn to roll with the punches. You want to be all controversial, but don't like it when people call you out and challenge you. 

I've had one poster today tell me I have "issues", which is not a particularly nice thing to say but hey it's an internet forum. 

Replying to you makes me a victim?

I can assure you I ain't a victim. 

Maybe you should change your perception and stop assuming people behind posts are fvxked up and you wouldn't get people saying you have issues.

It's all in yr head.