An unpopular opinion.

9 minutes ago, SiJ said:

#playthevictim 

Perhaps learn to roll with the punches. You want to be all controversial, but don't like it when people call you out and challenge you. 

I've had one poster today tell me I have "issues", which is not a particularly nice thing to say but hey it's an internet forum. 

Sorry m8.

lol

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Lizzie Birdsworth said:

I  don't really think anyone begrudges him going to Newcastle.  its the way he's gone about it that has made people so angry..   its that simple.  

THIS ! 

Bloke took the pi55 and showed utter contempt for the chairman, employees, players and fans in the way he did it

1 hour ago, oldishowl said:

I can’t comprehend any of our fans blaming our chairman or our club for this situation 

because of course,the embargos and non sales of players over the past 4 years is all Bruces fault ???? 

don't comprehend that logic either personally

* not questioning DCs stance re Bruce leaving,just the reasoning behind Bruce's decision

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, SiJ said:

No worries. 

It's only an internet forum. 

Not sure this is true. 

I’m fairly certain Owlstalk absorbed you in late 2017, hence Neil’s need for more server cash.

It’s just a classic pre season really, with a bit more heat and frustration due to Bruce’s departure. No football to talk about so people get drawn into slanging matches with each other.

No harm done really. I know I can be arse, just need to drag myself away from the internet for a bit. 

lol

6 minutes ago, brian joicey said:

because of course,the embargos and non sales of players over the past 4 years is all Bruces fault ???? 

* not questioning DCs stance re Bruce leaving,just the reasoning behind Bruce's decision

Yep. 

The situation at SWFC is still unclear after a whole summer.

Did that precipitate Bruce's departure?

Absolutely relevant questions because it  also affects us going forward.

Edited by Beholder
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Bez said:

Not sure this is true. 

I’m fairly certain Owlstalk absorbed you in late 2017, hence Neil’s need for more server cash.

Bit like the Lib Dems absorbed you? 

Or was that Labour or the Tories? 

It's hard to keep track of your imaginary political career. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, brian joicey said:

how about sellling (unused/underused) players (at the right/market price) to generate income for (better quality/positions we need strengthening) players ????

There was a report that Bruce was advising DC to drop his valuations, probably blown up and sensationlised on here and other social media, but would guess there was some truth in it.  Assume DC listened, dont know if he has or not, but dont seem like a deal breaker and grounds to resign in a huff and drop lucky on NUFC.

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

2 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Yep. 

The situation as SWFC is still unclear after a whole summer.

Did that precipitate Bruce's departure?

Absolutely relevant questions because it  also affects us going forward.

particularly affects us getting a top calibre manager and NOT carlos/jos type !

7 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Bit like the Lib Dems absorbed you? 

Or was that Labour or the Tories? 

It's hard to keep track of your imaginary political career. 

Don’t forget Change U.K. 

Not had time to read all the thread and I've backed DC and the club to the hilt on here but.............

There was rumblings a few weeks ago (I dismissed them at the time) that Bruce was unhappy with some of the fees we were asking for players, there was also a rumour that he's walked out about 4wks ago, the departure of Rafa could have allowed him an opportunity to get out so he took it, Newcastle get through managers like changing socks so i doubt this will have been his last chance to take the helm.

I still fully back DC and admire how he's handled this but I wouldn't dismiss what the OP has said too quickly.

16 minutes ago, brian joicey said:

I think DC’s loyalty to his managers is unquestionable.

Bruce , like Benitez before him, will have no say on transfers or transfer strategy at Newcastle but he is happy to walk into that .

So pretending he has gone for more control doesn’t wash.

Benitez wanted to sign last years top scorer for a paltry 16  million but they wouldn’t do it.

The 3 players we have  brought in are all obviously Bruce signings, he tried to sign Borner at a previous club.

He has brought in his own assistants, recruitment team and fitness guru.

But it is all DC’s fault.

I find it very, very unlikely that Chansiri would have made a promise to Bruce that he knew he would not be able to keep. I'm quite sure that all the financial facts have been there on the table all the time. If there's something, it's more like Bruce not 100% believing what has been said regarding available money or player transfer policy.

4 hours ago, Beholder said:

I know this opinion won't be popular on here but looking beyond the obvious knee jerk "Bruce is a snake" narrative, why would a manager jump ship from a club where he is loved by the fans to a club where he is already hated and are  favourites to be relegated? A club with a well known toxic atmosphere...

Because they are his boyhood club?

Not buying it.

I'm more inclined to believe that Bruce was unhappy at Wednesday. We already know he had showdown talks with DC about refusing to sell players. We already know he couldn't buy players.

It came out on one of the earlier twitter rumours about his departure that the chairman let him down in terms of promises given. 

If we were in a position to get up I don't see him jumping ship. 

I know this post will accumulate negs from all the usuals but it's not an opinion currently being aired on this forum which is why it should be discussed.

Do you really believe any of this or a you looking for a reaction? Without doubt this is one of the most laughable conspiracy theories in an ocean of laughable conspiracy theories posted on here recently.

What is this need to constantly emphasise the negative to the point where the stories need to be pulled out of someone’s arse to perpetuate the ill feeling towards those in charge of the club?

3 hours ago, Kameron said:

He's gone for the money simple as that, don't be fooled by the he's on less that he was here bull sh it. The guy now has a three year contract that will of course have to be paid in full when he inevitably gets the sack.

Talking to someone in here who has good contacts in professional football and they said it's a myth about when managers get sacked they get their salary paid in full. It's usual now for a clause to be written in to the contract that says how much they get. At best it's usually 6 months pay.

50 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

I think DC’s loyalty to his managers is unquestionable.

Bruce , like Benitez before him, will have no say on transfers or transfer strategy at Newcastle but he is happy to walk into that .

So pretending he has gone for more control doesn’t wash.

Benitez wanted to sign last years top scorer for a paltry 16  million but they wouldn’t do it.

The 3 players we have  brought in are all obviously Bruce signings, he tried to sign Borner at a previous club.

He has brought in his own assistants, recruitment team and fitness guru.

But it is all DC’s fault.

the ONLY bit that is DCs fault is embargo/finances (partlybrought about by lack of sales,that is my ONLY concern here) ...... and i/ (we shouldn't) give a flying F about anything to do with Bruce or newcastle