An unpopular opinion.

5 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Chansiri has a very hands on approach, Bruce probably wanted to get on with the job with no interference from above.

At Newcastle, although Ashley is hardly the nicest man to work for, he’s so far removed from Newcastle he probably couldn’t even name 5 of his players. 

Are you serious about Mike Ashley? He might not be hands on day to day but if you think every single transfer isn't run through him you would be wrong. Don't let that change your narrative though, continue to paint Chansiri as the bad guy.

7 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Chansiri has a very hands on approach, Bruce probably wanted to get on with the job with no interference from above.

At Newcastle, although Ashley is hardly the nicest man to work for, he’s so far removed from Newcastle he probably couldn’t even name 5 of his players. 

Plus a rumoured 90m to spend or a transfer embargo? 

Speculation and connection presented as fact. 

Parody. 

3 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think basically a Premier League Club came calling and 90% of time a player or manager will go.
Bruce probably saw it as probably his last chance to be a manager in that league and didn't mind upsetting a few people to take it.
Realistically I am not sure what Wednesday could have done differently.

Agree with that. He's taken an opportunity to manage in the PL for probably his last job. However, i don't think the Newcastle job is as good as everyone makes out....it's a sh*t show up there at the minute. 

For me it's the grubby manner in which it's been done, and the untimely nature. I know there is never a good time, but after 3 months and after the support he's been given. Massive kick in the gonads. 

Then there's this gonads about it being his dream job..."his boyhood club" - didn't stop him turning it down a few times before. 

1 minute ago, wmb said:

Are you serious about Mike Ashley? He might not be hands on day to day but if you think every single transfer isn't run through him you would be wrong. Don't let that change your narrative though, continue to paint Chansiri as the bad guy.

Of course every transfer is ran through him he pays for it. 

8 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

Let's have a look at the facts shall we;

- He knew about the P&S situation - he talked about it during his first interview, and during many interviews since

- He's been allowed to bring in his own staff - Clemence, Agnew, Strudwick, Downes and Hughs

- He's signed 3 players this pre-season and a contract sorted for Westwood, Palmer and presumably Lee

- Chansiri has sorted the financial side....

So what bit would he be unhappy about?

If he says he's unhappy with the P&S stuff, then it's a lame excuse given the above facts. 

Stop believing the Bruce PR machine....

Oh and...he's been able to retain all the other coaching staff, make improvements at the training ground (including his office) and i believe there's been other recruits within the coaching/support teams. 

He was allowed to start building the foundations here. Anyone that says otherwise is a liar. 

Edited by bigdan2003

21 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworth said:

I  don't really think anyone begrudges him going to Newcastle.  its the way he's gone about it that has made people so angry..   its that simple.  

Simple an obvious answers don’t go down too well on this site. Dramatic theories are way more popular ! 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, 2roland2 said:

@SiJ you actually offer some reasonable debate most of the time, but lately your just having pops at certain posters, I know you don’t agree with them but your like a dog with a bone atm. 

If you stuck to the debate, you would actually win 

I've put forward my views on this situation numerous times.

Bruce left because it is a Prem job and, irrespective of the owner, it is likely his last chance to manage a club like Newcastle. 

The suggestion he left due to Chansiri or the soft embargo etc., is nonsense imo and a classic case of revisionist history from those who seemingly enjoy putting the boot into the club at every opportunity. 

• Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think basically a Premier League Club came calling and 90% of time a player or manager will go.
Bruce probably saw it as probably his last chance to be a manager in that league and didn't mind upsetting a few people to take it.
Realistically I am not sure what Wednesday could have done differently.

I think the issue is they didn’t come calling, he called them.

23 minutes ago, Beholder said:

I know this opinion won't be popular on here but looking beyond the obvious knee jerk "Bruce is a snake" narrative, why would a manager jump ship from a club where he is loved by the fans to a club where he is already hated and are  favourites to be relegated? A club with a well known toxic atmosphere...

Because they are his boyhood club?

Not buying it.

I'm more inclined to believe that Bruce was unhappy at Wednesday. We already know he had showdown talks with DC about refusing to sell players. We already know he couldn't buy players.

It came out on one of the earlier twitter rumours about his departure that the chairman let him down in terms of promises given. 

If we were in a position to get up I don't see him jumping ship. 

I know this post will accumulate negs from all the usuals but it's not an opinion currently being aired on this forum which is why it should be discussed.

Obviously all Mr chansiri's fault 

it's not an opinion currently being aired on this forum there may be a reason behind that

3 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

Agree with that. He's taken an opportunity to manage in the PL for probably his last job. However, i don't think the Newcastle job is as good as everyone makes out....it's a sh*t show up there at the minute. 

For me it's the grubby manner in which it's been done, and the untimely nature. I know there is never a good time, but after 3 months and after the support he's been given. Massive kick in the gonads. 

Then there's this gonads about it being his dream job..."his boyhood club" - didn't stop him turning it down a few times before. 

So it’s his last opportunity to manage in the Premier League for a club he apparently loves in Newcastle. But you are blaming him for timing? You’re right there is never a good time, so I find it hard that people are blaming Bruce for jumping ship when it could be the last time in his life that such an opportunity presents itself. Football folks. 

I remain the belief that if Bruce has confidence in the setup at Wednesday he would have stayed. He’s no idiot. No doubt people will call me a Chansiri hater and all sorts just for not calling a Bruce a snake etc.

• Haha 1

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

So it’s his last opportunity to manage in the Premier League for a club he apparently loves in Newcastle. But you are blaming him for timing? You’re right there is never a good time, so I find it hard that people are blaming Bruce for jumping ship when it could be the last time in his life that such an opportunity presents itself. Football folks. 

I remain the belief that if Bruce has confidence in the setup at Wednesday he would have stayed. He’s no idiot. No doubt people will call me a Chansiri hater and all sorts just for not calling a Bruce a snake etc.

You've basically contradicted yourself within two paragraphs.

26 minutes ago, Beholder said:

I know this opinion won't be popular on here but looking beyond the obvious knee jerk "Bruce is a snake" narrative, why would a manager jump ship from a club where he is loved by the fans to a club where he is already hated and are  favourites to be relegated? A club with a well known toxic atmosphere...

Because they are his boyhood club?

Not buying it.

I'm more inclined to believe that Bruce was unhappy at Wednesday. We already know he had showdown talks with DC about refusing to sell players. We already know he couldn't buy players.

It came out on one of the earlier twitter rumours about his departure that the chairman let him down in terms of promises given. 

If we were in a position to get up I don't see him jumping ship. 

I know this post will accumulate negs from all the usuals but it's not an opinion currently being aired on this forum which is why it should be discussed.

Load a ballax

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Plus a rumoured 90m to spend or a transfer embargo? 

That takes the biscuit Sall, comparing the two chairmen. Where one is honourable and loyal and one is a first class snake...do you know which one's which?.

I find it strange that several out of work managers turned one of them down:rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

He knew the crack when we offered him a life-line back into the game. 

He was well aware of the clubs situation. - And he was still able to bring in loan players last season and had already made three signings this season. 

The boyhood club thing has some basis in my view.  I think it's an age thing.  If he'd been 5 years younger I think he'd have knocked it back. 

But he isn't a younger man. 

He's already said Wednesday would be his last job. How he was weary. 

He's on a no lose situation at Newcastle...

Keep them up and he's done better than expected. 

Fail and he rides off into the sunset with a wad in his back pocket  

2 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

That takes the biscuit Sall, comparing the two chairmen. Where one is honourable and loyal and one is a first class snake...do you know which one's which?.

I find it strange that several out of work managers turned one of them down:rolleyes:

Never doubted Chansiri’s loyalty. He’s a far superior human being than Ashley.

Different styles of management though, can’t deny that.