Odds For The New Manager

46 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Why not go and get someone already in a job. Show a bit of ambition instead of these depressing out of work managers. 

Because it would be difficult to attract a manager doing well where he is, to come here and work under ffp restrictions.

Maybe a foreign manager who wants a go in England, or a 1st div manager doing well....but then the not proven at this level would start.

The easy option is to opt for someone on the managerial roundabout, I don't think DC will do that.

Sometimes you just have to go with the hand dealt to you.

Stick or Twist?

Imo it will be Bullen or someone not yet on the list.

Just glad I decided against buying Wednesday, it's a reyt ballache:biggrin:

Still not given up on Hughton personally. Who knows what’s really going on behind the scenes. Van Bronckhorst does seem unlikely but I’d at least hope we’d ask the question. Derby got Lampard and then Cocu - are they really that much more attractive than we are?! That’s the level of ambition I’d like us to show. 

If we’re looking for young-ish managers with good experience I’d prefer Cook or maybe Rowett. 

Of the journeymen type managers I personally would prefer Allardyce or Pearson over the likes of Holloway and Pulis, but I can’t see either of them happening. 

Of all the names with fairly short odds, Coleman and Bullen are probably the two that would worry me the most.

38 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Assess from where !!? Christmas when we’re rooted to mid table and seasons essentially over ?  

Which one on the list will guarantee us top 6 or better at xmas? I'll go with him, tell me who he is...and I'll have a tenner on promotion

22 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Which one on the list will guarantee us top 6 or better at xmas? I'll go with him, tell me who he is...and I'll have a tenner on promotion

Where or when did I say anything about guarantees ?   

None of the ususl names mentioned interest me at all. The same old failed managers the bookies are memtioning. Id rather we go for a young up coming manager who are making a name for themselves .Lets look long term and go for either the Cowleys or Stendal.

• Like 2

What do people think the approach will be on transfers? Will they be any now? 

Deadline is 8 August I think so unless it’s Bullen the new manager will want to assess what he has before maybe dipping into the market which will leave him little/no time to do this! And then there’s the embargo that might still be in place! 

2 minutes ago, flash said:

What do people think the approach will be on transfers? Will they be any now? 

Deadline is 8 August I think so unless it’s Bullen the new manager will want to assess what he has before maybe dipping into the market which will leave him little/no time to do this! And then there’s the embargo that might still be in place! 

We need a couple more signings in. Even if they are Premiership loans. Pace and power is the way to go. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

5 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

We need a couple more signings in. Even if they are Premiership loans. Pace and power is the way to go. 

Loans are generally towards the back end of the window anyway. I'm fully confident we will at least get 2 prem loans in before the deadline, DC loves a bit of deadline day action

2 hours ago, Big Jack said:

Neither both failures. Sick of same old mangers been recycled. At this rate give it Bullen on a temporary contract and asses from there,

no point appointing  anybody just for the sake of it.

Neither have been managing long enough to be failures. Such an easy term to throw around which could be applied to 99% of managers in the EFL and abroad. 

1 hour ago, Royal_D said:

Where or when did I say anything about guarantees ?   

You said we will be rooted mid table at xmas, i presumed because you know that means you know someone who will do better..just wondered who it was thats all.

Edited by sherlyegg

I hope and still believe DC will show more ambition than a lot of us. I dread to think what will happen if we give it to one of the usual names, failed, out of work managers, that were decent several years ago. Or if we give it to another obscure out of work coach with no pedigree or simply give it to Bullen. I'd much rather show some ambition and at least try and bring in someone high profile and forward thinking. Whoever does get it, we should give the benefit of doubt and a chance, regardless if we agree or disagree with their appointment. The ground work and squad is there (barring a few more players) to have a decent season, whomever is in the dugout. Whoever gets the job just might surprise us but for me personally, I'd like us to have one eye on the long term by appointing someone ambitious and forward thinking.

4 minutes ago, thewookieisdown said:

We can, I think, reasonably infer that DC isn't keen on appointing Bullen. If he were, I think he would have closed it off quickly

Hes never gone with bullen before long term so don't see why he would change his mind now

There are a few nearly men out there, wouldn’t call them all failures. Bar a Bruce Allardyce or Hughton who have  promotions on their cv it’s probably the best we’d get. Some of them are more appealing than “successful” managers like Pulis for a start.