Odds For The New Manager

1 hour ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

The team was pretty shocking back then though which is why he was put in charge. This is a totally different set of circumstances. The group are playing well and looking confident in pre season so far. You reckon Allardyce would show any loyalty to us if a premier league club came in for him? 

You are right, circs are different.  We are a few weeks off the start of the season having just lost possibly the best manager we have had in yonks.  

But the result is the same: Bullen is not the answer.

Allardyce’s stock is pretty low - which Prem clubs since Everton have come in for him? None that I can recall..

..also find me a manager who won’t jump ship from the Champ to the Prem if offered? It’s a no brainier..and always a risk with Bruce too.

Edited by Earlsfieldowl

13 minutes ago, Nigel Farage said:

What are you talking about? I suggest you swatch the Netflix series, Sunderland till I die, and see the impact he had before you judge Coleman. 

Did you miss the part where he dropped their top scorer Grabban, then spent half a series moaning they couldn’t score goals. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Beholder said:

When Bullen says things like "It could be me", it makes you think that something has been said behind the scenes. Also it kind of rules him out of supporting roles when he has his eyes on the prize

Yes I think he knows the job is his. Massive mistake. 

3 hours ago, bubbleowl said:

Yes loyalty will get us promoted forget tactics forget experience forget being able to attract players it does'nt matter we all admire him we're all happy with another nothing season our fans are insane

Our fans are guilty of being too sentimental at times. You have to be a little bit nasty and demand the best, not put a complete novice in charge because he thinks we are massive. 

Apart from the defensive football why is Karanka not a fit? Is it attitude? He has got recent form in the book. Bullen is not a long term manager and Coleman has not got great form recently. How do we judge his Sunderland stint? Rowett, though not greatly inspiring, would be more welcomed than Bullen or a manager with little form in the book. There's those with higher grade experience such as Moyes and Ranieri. Holloway has promotion history and experience. Beyond these mentioned, minus Bullen and Coleman (need more convincing), I wouldn't look at others unless someone totally outstanding suddenly materialised. 

2 hours ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

Daniel Farke 

Dean Smith 

David Wagner 

Eddie Howe 

Alex Neil 

All of the above have acheived promotion in the last 5 years yet not a bucket load of experience between them. If it's bullen that gets the job there's no reason we can't challenge this season. There are no standout teams in this league thats why it's always wide open and the most exciting league in the world. 

They had all managed for a number of years prior to their promotion to the PL. 

Dean Smith has been managing for over 10 years. Howe already had two promotions with Bournemouth under his belt, and Neil, Wagner and Farke had all managed abroad/ Scotland. Bullen has about half a dozen games as caretaker. It would be totally nonsensical. 

On 15/07/2019 at 12:32, Rhubarb n Custard said:

Stendl would not be a bad appointment.

Did very well last season on modest budget.

Knows how to motivate and build a winning mentality.

Open to progression in next level.

Would also celebrate in town with the fans, seems like a character.

he got a side promoted that should have never gone down in the first place.

39 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Daily Mail linking us with Coleman, Monk and Rowett.

About as inspiring as a kick in the knackers. Hopefully, just paper talk.

Shame that Monk is dodgy as flip. Think he is a half decent coach. Cant stand Rowett and Coleman is useless. 

Monk did superbly at Brum in financial circumstances not too distant from our own. But yes, he does seem to come with a lot of baggage which maybe isn't what we need right now. 

6 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Agreed.

But I'm happy to get behind him if it happens.

Who knows he could surprise us.

Goes without saying that he will have my full backing.

But there is a much greater risk that he will be sacked by Xmas and we will have wrote off another season and incurred a further 12 months of losses.

I would rather have Pulis over LB. The football would be tug but I would at least be confident we would be competitive.

10 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Yes I think he knows the job is his. Massive mistake. 

it may well be, but it's not as BIG a mistake that some on 'the list' would be.

I'm really not sure, but if he fancies it, and dc does too, then it's dc's money after all.

i'd have preferred to see stuart gray get a chance, after all several players from his days in charge have been mainstays, and done on a small change budget.

22 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

What are your thoughts on appointing Bullen?

Mixed.

Is he ready? Who knows until you give him a chance.

Be a shame if he wasnt and it all went a bit South. Too likeable a guy for fans to turn on him.

I'm not adverse to giving him a trial run as caretaker (bit like Gray) and seeing how it goes.

Rather that than appoint some of the names being touted about. 

44 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Daily Mail linking us with Coleman, Monk and Rowett.

About as inspiring as a kick in the knackers. Hopefully, just paper talk.

Shame that Monk is dodgy as flip. Think he is a half decent coach. Cant stand Rowett and Coleman is useless. 

Hopefully just baseless paper talk. Cant say I'm particularly motivated to make the 6 hour round trip to a game to watch a team managed by any of those. 

I was temporarily contemplating Rowett the other day, but that quickly passed. Monk is tainted right now with the allegations of impropriety and Coleman, just NO.

Just now, SiJ said:

Mixed.

Is he ready? Who knows until you give him a chance.

Be a shame if he wasnt and it all went a bit South. Too likeable a guy for fans to turn on him.

I'm not adverse to giving him a trial run as caretaker (bit like Gray) and seeing how it goes.

Rather that than appoint some of the names being touted about. 

i'd rather trust some of the fans to do it, than some of the names on the list.

• Haha 1

Just now, dorian gray said:

i'd rather trust some of the fans to do it, than some of the names on the list.

I just cant be inspired by a Rowett or a Coleman. Pulis too would be brutal. 

Houghton would be the ideal choice but that seems unlikely.

GVB would certainly be interesting. 

• Thanks 1