Stendel

van Bronckhorst

Hughton

Just for the record.

1 hour ago, Dronfield Blue said:

I used to like 4 4 2.

Not anymore, it's history.

The best teams play 4 3 3.

GVB favours 4-3-3, wish we'd show some ambition and forward thinking by going for Gio or someone similar, rather than settling for the usual failures that would have been decent several years ago.

1 minute ago, Fast Forward said:

I would be seriously peed off if any of the following got the job:

Pulis

Megson

Coleman

Bullen

Rowett

Zola

Monk

Karanka

Cook

Pearson

Moyes

Pardew

Holloway

Allardyce

Keane

Would approve of:

Stendel

van Bronckhorst

Hughton

Just for the record.

Hughton has said does not want job and we are looking for somebody who has managed on domestic scene. So Stendel your choice what about Cowley?

1 minute ago, The Night-Owl said:

GVB favours 4-3-3, wish we'd show some ambition and forward thinking by going for Gio or someone similar, rather than settling for the usual failures that would have been decent several years ago.

Really can't see GVB joining us after his success at Feyenoord it's not worth the risk on his part.

1 hour ago, s6 owl said:

Really can't see GVB joining us after his success at Feyenoord it's not worth the risk on his part.

Aye, it does seem unlikely but some high profile names have come to the Championship recently. It's worth a try and it would show some ambition to go for someone like that, rather than going for the underwhelming typical names.

Edited by The Night-Owl

7 minutes ago, Fast Forward said:

I would be seriously peed off if any of the following got the job:

Pulis

Megson

Coleman

Bullen

Rowett

Zola

Monk

Karanka

Cook

Pearson

Moyes

Pardew

Holloway

Allardyce

Keane

Would approve of:

Stendel

van Bronckhorst

Hughton

Just for the record.

I think you will be peed off given that two of them have no chance 

16 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

It’d be 442, Fletcher and Nuhiu up front every week. Bypass midfield. % football.

Jesus Christ. 

Really would be an awful choice. I know quite a few Boro fans and they couldn’t stand him. They where so please they missed out on the play offs which meant be left. 

5 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

Aye, it does seem unlikely but some high profile names have come to the Championship recently. It's worth a try and it would show some ambition to go for someone like that, rather than going for the underwhelming typical names.

He's only at the start of his managerial career and has already had success at feyenoord it's not worth the risk on his part to go abroad and join a championship side like us. 

Pulis is the type you bring in after someone’s made a mess at a club. After a Jos or a Zola for example. Like a Mick McCarthy. Comes in steadies the ship and makes you solid again.

We've already had Bruce do that. He’s laid the foundations, now we need to kick on. We need someone who can bring the fans together and get the club heading forward again. Positive, attacking football with a manager who has a vision on how to get the best out of our attacking players.

• Like 1

If we really have to get a Welsh manager or someone from near my town, then why not take a punt on Michael Flynn? A manager on the rise, making a name for himself, instead of someone on the decline like Pulis or Coleman. Flynn would at least show some forward thinking. Personally would rather a more high profile name and younger manager on the rise, I hope we show a lot more ambition and forward thinking, than is being suggested.

Edited by The Night-Owl