Odds For The New Manager

After watching the recent interviews and the training clips, I just get the impression Bruce has had an impact on Bullen, in terms of how to approach games tactically and how to train the team.

I could be talking complete testicles but he just seems more comfortable. If he feels he now has a clear plan on how to approach things, maybe he’s developed the confidence to take the top job on.

I don’t think he should be set on permanently, but I wouldn’t be surprised if DC gave him the job temporarily while he searches for the right man. 

Bullen said nowt in his most recent interview that made me think he had been told job was is

He said ‘it could be me’ in the sense it could be anyone, admitted had only had 30sec conversation with the chairman who told him he was in charge for Northampton and Germany , and was talking about Josh McEachrans future been a decision for the new manager 

53 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Daily Mail linking us with Coleman, Monk and Rowett.

About as inspiring as a kick in the knackers. Hopefully, just paper talk.

Shame that Monk is dodgy as flip. Think he is a half decent coach. Cant stand Rowett and Coleman is useless. 

coleman??? Christ on a bike.

but luckily the 'daily wail' is generally as accurate as a c63 dipstick.

3 minutes ago, SiJ said:

I just cant be inspired by a Rowett or a Coleman. Pulis too would be brutal. 

Houghton would be the ideal choice but that seems unlikely.

GVB would certainly be interesting. 

the first two are NO, pulis' style is too far removed from where we have been for 4 years, and would need a total squad rebuild.

hughton, sadly sees himself as a premier manager.

I think gvb is just wishful thinking.

3 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

After watching the recent interviews and the training clips, I just get the impression Bruce has had an impact on Bullen, in terms of how to approach games tactically and how to train the team.

I could be talking complete testicles but he just seems more comfortable. If he feels he now has a clear plan on how to approach things, maybe he’s developed the confidence to take the top job on.

I don’t think he should be set on permanently, but I wouldn’t be surprised if DC gave him the job temporarily while he searches for the right man. 

From what I've seen of the clips, the sessions seem to be taken by Strudwick most of the time.

Got to be honest, starting to get a little bit antsy about all this. IMO we need a new manager through the door by Monday morning at the latest to give him a couple of weeks to assess the players, get tactics (somewhat) implemented etc.

Not that fussed we haven't heard owt about it yet, am very fussed that the bookies odds are so long... suggestion being we're still a ways away yet from sorting anything out. 

I like Bullen, but when I see that he and Coleman are the two favourites... I don't know it's like choosing whether I want to be kicked in the goulies or have a cigarette burn on the arm... neither feels very appealing. 

If the realistic list of candidates don't include names like "Cowleys, Stendel, Cook, GVB" or whatever... I can't decide whether Bullen or someone like Pulis or Coleman is the lesser of two evils.

We just look very cut adrift when it comes to possible managers right now. Honestly, I don't actually mind that much losing Bruce. Mind it on an ethical level, but £4m for him is some solid business... and (purely personally-know it's a minority opinion), I was never particularly enamoured with him. No, what's really getting me down is the apparent lack of options when it comes to filling his shoes. Definitely starting to get a little bit worried.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Im in lets appoint bullen on the evidence of a interview and a few photos

3 minutes ago, owlZfan84 said:

From what I've seen of the clips, the sessions seem to be taken by Strudwick most of the time.

True. But there seems to be a clear direction and good harmony in the camp. Bullen’s interview just gave me the impression he felt really comfortable and confident. 

Like I said, I could be talking testicles. Just the impression I got. 

Certainly a noticeable difference in his confidence level compared to the last time he took temporary charge. Must be some reason for it.

7 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

true, I saw that too.

BUT the worry is picking one thing up from bruce means you know just 'ONE THING', we all know how knowing one thing went when the **** hit the fan for coco.

what's plan B?

we haven't got shut of the players bruce wanted out, and thus haven't seen the forwards that he'd have brought in, and more mobile/running forwards would have given us different options.

Guest wilyfox

Whoever it turns out to be, DC must get on with it. If he shook hands on Bruce's departure a week ago, let's see some movement.. 

1 minute ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

True. But there seems to be a clear direction and good harmony in the camp. Bullen’s interview just gave me the impression he felt really comfortable and confident. 

Like I said, I could be talking testicles. Just the impression I got. 

Certainly a noticeable difference in his confidence level compared to the last time he took temporary charge. Must be some reason for it.

Could be the fact he doesn't have to manage a competitive game? lol

I reckon even I could look composed and confident managing a side during pre-season where the groundwork has been laid for me and I don't have 3 season-defining games in the space of 9 days to manage.

Proof will come once it's all kicked off.

7 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Got to be honest, starting to get a little bit antsy about all this. IMO we need a new manager through the door by Monday morning at the latest to give him a couple of weeks to assess the players, get tactics (somewhat) implemented etc.

Not that fussed we haven't heard owt about it yet, am very fussed that the bookies odds are so long... suggestion being we're still a ways away yet from sorting anything out. 

I like Bullen, but when I see that he and Coleman are the two favourites... I don't know it's like choosing whether I want to be kicked in the goulies or have a cigarette burn on the arm... neither feels very appealing. 

If the realistic list of candidates don't include names like "Cowleys, Stendel, Cook, GVB" or whatever... I can't decide whether Bullen or someone like Pulis or Coleman is the lesser of two evils.

We just look very cut adrift when it comes to possible managers right now. Honestly, I don't actually mind that much losing Bruce. Mind it on an ethical level, but £4m for him is some solid business... and (purely personally-know it's a minority opinion), I was never particularly enamoured with him. No, what's really getting me down is the apparent lack of options when it comes to filling his shoes. Definitely starting to get a little bit worried.

join the club, I've been worried a while.

i'm drifting towards a 'temporary' manager/head coach, to give dc more time, and stop a knee jerk reaction that we'll be regretting by october, or sooner.

• Like 1

Just now, StudentOwl said:

Could be the fact he doesn't have to manage a competitive game? lol

I reckon even I could look composed and confident managing a side during pre-season where the groundwork has been laid for me and I don't have 3 season-defining games in the space of 9 days to manage.

Proof will come once it's all kicked off.

True. But he certainly seems like he fancies it all of a sudden.

Needs deciding ASAP who the new manager is going to be. Bullen is the wrong choice and I really hope it isn’t him. Keep him on as a coach but nothing more. We need to give the new manager time to get his ideas over to the players and decide what positions need improving and signings need to be made. 

Bullen, but with a really well experienced no.2 alongside him is the only way I think that has a chance of working.  I think Bullen is a strong enough leader, he may even get players running through brick walls for him, but I'd be worried about his ability to tactically make us better.  I'm erring toward Rowett at the moment. If Phillips came with him we may see a bump from Winnall, Rhodes and even Joao.

We need to act soon though. 

1 minute ago, spike1867 said:

Bullen, but with a really well experienced no.2 alongside him is the only way I think that has a chance of working.  I think Bullen is a strong enough leader, he may even get players running through brick walls for him, but I'd be worried about his ability to tactically make us better.  I'm erring toward Rowett at the moment. If Phillips came with him we may see a bump from Winnall, Rhodes and even Joao.

We need to act soon though. 

About time Phillips "scored" for us.

:duntmatter:

• Haha 2