Odds For The New Manager

Don't give Bullen the job, he doesn't have the contacts to be able to get the right players in. He's a great guy and a great Owls fan but not a manager. If you can't find better just let him manage as a caretaker and see how he goes. If he does well over an extended period then make it permanent but I don't think he will.

Of the others the field is depressingly poor, it depends who will take the job. We know Megson will but he's yesterdays man. I find this so depressing with the people being put forward. We need someone who can take the club forward, tactically astute, an eye for a player and great contacts in the game.

Going for the cheap option would be wrong it will cost us more years in the wilderness and end up with a divided fanbase. Find the right man and make him an offer he can't refuse. If he can get the right players in one deal with a good future transfer fee can pay the managers wages time and time again.

I have a horrid feeling this could all go pear shaped .

2 minutes ago, McM said:

What is this continuous chatter about Hughton?

If I've understood correctly, he himself has said it is not the right time for him to come here. Has something changed, or am I mistaken?

Nothings changed. He doesn't want the job.

A few people in our fanbase only knew his name on the shortlist, so they have to keep talking about him. 

• Thanks 1

Isn’t Vicente Moreno the Mallorca Manager ?   Where’s that come from ?  Sure he’s just won back to back promotions with them 

2 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Isn’t Vicente Moreno the Mallorca Manager ?   Where’s that come from ?  Sure he’s just won back to back promotions with them 

I don't think it's come from anywhere. Just looks like a kid messing around on Wikipedia.

44 minutes ago, emersonthome said:

What differentiates somebody like Frank Lampard, for example, from Lee Bullen?

Or even Zidane before he took the Madrid job first time?

Ok, they had better playing careers, but what would you want to see to demonstrate that an ex player would be a good manager?

Sure, well on Lampard not at all convinced. 

You have to start somewhere. I realise that. But I'd not be overly keen to employ a novice - any novice. And Bullen hasnt followed a career path that suggests he is really chasing a managerial career nor overall have his temporary spells been encouraging. 

51 minutes ago, emersonthome said:

What differentiates somebody like Frank Lampard, for example, from Lee Bullen?

Or even Zidane before he took the Madrid job first time?

Ok, they had better playing careers, but what would you want to see to demonstrate that an ex player would be a good manager?

Say you want the job?  Not that you might want it...could maybe do it.  It doesn't insitl confidence. 

What else differentiates them?  The quality of managers they played under, for a start.  Gleaning information, insight, tips on tactics, how to deal with players, slumps, big occasions...Lampard had time under Mourinho, Ancelotti, Hiddink, Pellegrini.  

Bullen has worked with Jos.  

• Haha 1

Guest Theboylangers

I think it will all end in tears if we appoint Bullen. That said, the list of candidates in the betting makes me want to headbutt the wall. 

I agree with @sherlyegg , new manager might be someone not even considered yet in the betting. 

52 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Thing is you are limiting yourself if the only options you're considering are people out of work.

The current market for out of work managers is pretty grim right now. 

Absolutely this. And for those suggesting it’s hypocritical to take a manager from elsewhere, you can do it the right way or the Bruce way.