Odds For The New Manager

9 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

There are a few nearly men out there, wouldn’t call them all failures. Bar a Bruce Allardyce or Hughton who have  promotions on their cv it’s probably the best we’d get. Some of them are more appealing than “successful” managers like Pulis for a start. 

Needs to ne made clear that Coleman is totally unacceptable to fan base. 

If short lst accurate and some evidence not far off. Everybody needs to start thinking would Stendel, Rowett or Monk be good option and make feelings known on these. It sounds as though DC is going domestic route with him having Stendel on short list seems as though will look at somebody in work. So Cowley could be an option. I think somebody like Arteta would be impossible to get.

Hughton has reportedly said no and Allardyce would not come and plays totally different style to players we possess.

• Like 1

Guest wilyfox

Coleman would be very disappointing. Could see him milking the whole Wales thing to death during interview with DC. 

1 hour ago, Quist said:

If short lst accurate and some evidence not far off. Everybody needs to start thinking would Stendel, Rowett or Monk be good option and make feelings known on these. It sounds as though DC is going domestic route with him having Stendel on short list seems as though will look at somebody in work. So Cowley could be an option. I think somebody like Arteta would be impossible to get.

Hughton has reportedly said no and Allardyce would not come and plays totally different style to players we possess.

If that rumoured shortlist is true, the only name out of Bullen; Rowett, Monk, Coleman and Stendel, that appeals to me is Stendel. Daniel Stendel, is the only one out of those that is on the rise and would be a forward thinking appointment. If not, I'd keep Bullen short term as temporary caretaker until we can get someone more high profile. If it's Stendel, then Bullen will be key, as ever, holding the fort and helping ease him into the job and assisting him. Whatever we decide to do, I hope it's well thought out and with one eye on the long term. Which is why out of those names Stendel would get my vote. I'm still hoping we will show more ambition but will give a chance to whoever we appoint and will also cut DC some slack too.

21 minutes ago, Quist said:

Absolutely, Coleman a definite no. 

Managers out of work are unemployed for a reason. We have opportunity to build something now. Cook, Stendel, Cowley the type of managers we should be thinking of, not out of work has beens with only tenuous flirtation with success 5 or 10 years ago. 

If the shortlist is accurate, Stendel is my choice .

Edited by striker

Jesus Christ, Coleman would be an awful choice. There is so much better out there. Come on DC this decision is so important. Most managers out of work are out of a job for a reason. Go and get one in a job DC, show some ambition. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

There was an article inpaper about Coleman , nobody’s got any inside info so everyone’s took that and started lumping on Coleman who’s odds are now like Zola’s were which was also fabricated nonsense 

wouldn’t  be surprised if D.C. hasn’t spoken to a single person yet if am honest 

Edited by Guest