Odds For The New Manager

If it was between Rowett, Monk and Coleman I’d pick Rowett each time.

Coleman seemed a nice bloke on the Sunderland documentary but career wise it seemed to harm him. Monk would’ve been top choice for me as he did very well at Birmingham under the circumstances there but his agent related bad press makes him a tricky choice PR wise. Rowett has had teams up and around the playoffs.

Someone left field might well be exciting but in reality they’d have to come in and change everything. Ironically that is what Birmingham did after they got rid of Rowett for Zola but their styles didn’t really mesh. 

If we went for a manager in work then Cowleys style would suit this team more than say Stendel.

Edited by Bluesteel

1 hour ago, Royal_D said:

Isn’t Vicente Moreno the Mallorca Manager ?   Where’s that come from ?  Sure he’s just won back to back promotions with them 

Just another leftfield suggestion why not. Yes won promotion prior with Xerez also. Not guilty with wikipedia update tho. 

1 hour ago, Mishowl said:

Largely agree other than Pearson. I like the fact he's got an edge to him and he's got a good record. 

I would think that his (alleged) involvement with the George Hirst fiasco would rule him out of D.C.'s consideration.:wacko:

2 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

If it was between Rowett, Monk and Coleman I’d pick Rowett each time.

Coleman seemed a nice bloke on the Sunderland documentary but career wise it seemed to harm him. Monk would’ve been top choice for me as he did very well at Birmingham under the circumstances there but his agent related bad press makes him a tricky choice PR wise. Rowett has had teams up and around the playoffs.

Someone left field might well be exciting but in reality they’d have to come in and change everything. Ironically that is what Birmingham did after they got rid of Rowett for Zola but their styles didn’t really mesh. 

It’s not the most exciting list at all. But Rowett is for me, the better of the choices. Monk seems to have had some decent jobs, done alright but nothing exceptional. Coleman for me is a complete no, his 2 full seasons in the Championship came at Coventry, finishing 17th and 19th. Even Sunderland, not saying it’s entirely down to him but he did manage from Sunderland from November onwards, nothing changed. He’s literally living off the Semi Final with Wales, but at club level he’s achieved nothing. 

4 minutes ago, modboy said:

Rowett or Monk for me (if Hughton is unwilling)

Neither both failures. Sick of same old mangers been recycled. At this rate give it Bullen on a temporary contract and asses from there,

no point appointing  anybody just for the sake of it.

1 minute ago, Big Jack said:

Neither both failures. Sick of same old mangers been recycled. At this rate give it Bullen on a temporary contract and asses from there,

Yep my feeling, of those touted, only Hughton or GVB look like stand out candidates, but would they take the job. All the others, you might be able to point to periods where they were successful, but more often or not, they’ve been serial failures.

1 minute ago, Big Jack said:

Give it Bullen and ‘assess’ from there ?  

Assess from where !!? Christmas when we’re rooted to mid table and seasons essentially over ?  I just don’t get this mentality at all people are talking themselves into a Bullen appointment far too easily 

All this wait and see if someone becomes available. Who might suddenly become available? Someone like Sean Dyche wouldn't come to us. Who might suddenly become available in the Championship who could be rich pickings? Are we waiting for Paul Warne in League One? 

Not for me.

We have staved off FFP (it seems) for the immediate future with the ground sale, but that can only happen once, and eventually we surely have to dial it back in terms of names such as Reach, Bannan, Fessi, etc, in order to avoid falling foul of the rules, if we are treading water in the Championship.

Can we afford, almost literally, to risk another mid-table finish? I massively doubt Bullen would see us finish in the top 6. Say what you like about Bruce, but we would have stood a much better chance this year had he not left for Newcastle.

I fear it would be another season written off if Bullen is given the job. And if it goes belly up, or we lose 5 or 6 on the spin, then a dedicated club servant will face the wrath of the crowds and, more than likely, the boot. Which would be an awful end to his Wednesday career.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, basegreenowl said:

All this wait and see if someone becomes available. Who might suddenly become available? Someone like Sean Dyche wouldn't come to us. Who might suddenly become available in the Championship who could be rich pickings? Are we waiting for Paul Warne in League One? 

or nothing he knows about.

Why it’s come to this is absolutely beyond me 

‘let’s just risk it’

‘Take a gamble on Bullen and we’ll ‘asses’ Things later’

Sounds absolutely awesome lads, can’t wait to hear you all screaming for Bullens head first time his inexperience shows 

16 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Assess from where !!? Christmas when we’re rooted to mid table and seasons essentially over ?  I just don’t get this mentality at all people are talking themselves into a Bullen appointment far too easily 

We could easily find ourselves n a similar predicament if we appoint one of the has beens on that list, but the problem will be worse, because we’ll have to pay them off to move them on

Edited by gurujuan

16 minutes ago, sheriwozgod said:

Going by Bullen`s statement about taking the managers job "i will speak to the chairman when i get back from Germany"   it would seem nothing will be happening this weekend.

I don't think DC will be telling LB on the recruitments progress?

Just now, gurujuan said:

We could easily find ourself in a similar predicament if we appoint one of the has been on that list, but the problem will be worse, because we’ll to pay them off to move them on

So let’s not even try to reduce the risk ?  Let’s just give up and throw the season away before it’s begun because we’re the Sheffield Wednesday fan base and apathy rules 

I’m holding out that Chansiri isn’t as negative as half the fans and sees we need some experience and can attract it because we’re a good club, with a decent squad that’s not far away from been able to compete in the top 6 and we don’t need to go chancing it on taking on our first team coach and hoping for best 

Always wanted Paul Cook ..but it’s not going to happen.....being realistic...I reckon Rowett could be the cocky arrogant “wilder type” manager we need ...still in his 40s ...young enthusiastic...can imagine him creating a seige mentality with the players....no more soft touch Wednesday with him ....

20 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Because all we have on the list at the moment is recycled has beens who have won bugger all and will cost a fortune.

There is no manager in that list  that guarantee anything, SB was an exception. Keeping Bullen in temp charge is not ideal times