Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

7 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

I wish. We have a lot of people at Wednesday who would be able to pour water on this very quickly if there was nothing going on. It would be in their interests to do so too.

Tbf we never hear anything from the club apart from the seasonal Chansiri statement. I wouldn't put that as a reason for Bruce going.

I think Bruce will stay. He's too honest and loyal to move, when has he ever jumped ship on a team for a better offer? Loyal as a player too, admiteddly he couldn't have been at a much more successful club lol

We waited until he was ready and offered him a good opporunity at a good club. He will be appreciative, really don't see him turning round and saying bye to us. He knows his job here is unfinished and isn't one to leave until it is.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Tom said:

"As far as I am concerned, I am here, I am going home tomorrow and looking forward to walking the dog!"

See, he’s having a whale of a time here

:duntmatter:

Oh God - that's the most blatant 'come and get me' plea I've ever heard!

Everybody in the game knows that 'walking the dog' is code for 'secretly meeting Mike Ashley to discuss terms'.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

We don’t know who’s ball the court is in really do we. Or who’s spoken to who. 

Meanwhile our manager is reportedly Newcastle’s main target on sky and no one locally has said anything to the contrary. Which I think they would do if they got the nod to do so.

Reportedly.

Why would the club comment on rumours? The only thing they can say right now is we haven't received an approach. Which is true we haven't.

2 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Oh God - that's the most blatant 'come and get me' plea I've ever heard!

Everybody in the game knows that 'walking the dog' is code for 'secretly meeting Mike Ashley to discuss terms'.

Not if we block the A1 northbound tomorrow. 

We need a cunning plan. :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

Let’s hope we wake up tomorrow and someone else has been made fav for the Newcastle job. As has been said if he is offered the job I think he will take it. Just hoping they don’t offer Bruce the job. Going to be a big concern until they do appoint a manager. 

9 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Fair play. You were right. 

To be fair pal I can see why everyone is worried. It does look bad but when have we ever commented on rumours under Chansiri? I doubt we'll start now.

The cynic in me thinks the media (sky) has seen a big opportunity here to make a killing of the gullible.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Big Jack said:

Even if Mike Ashley offered him the job he would not take it.... another chairman different decision. Who would seriously want to work for him, horrible man.

Quite a few have distanced themselves from the job and ruled themselves out already, probably because of not wanting to work with Ashley? Once he sells up it would be a different story.

Edited by The Night-Owl

Guest Bulgaria
12 minutes ago, Big Jack said:

Even if Mike Ashley offered him the job he would not take it.... another chairman different decision. Who would seriously want to work for him, horrible man.

Thousands, apparently.

A week is a long time in politics but even longer in football. 

If he wants to go we shouldn't stand in his way if we get some good compo out it. 

We should be on the blower to Chris Hughton already if this is going ahead, he'd be ideal. 

Edited by Owls2k