Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

Lazy journalism + bookie algorithm - any real logic.

Whilst Bruce is a great appointment for us he’d be a hugely unpopular one there, they’d attract more high profile candidates.

I’d be more concerned if he was being linked to a well run club in this league.

2 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

Really just can't see Bruce leaving us for Newcastle ,just a gut feeling and can see him with his new squad at reading opening day of season 

Me too but saying that nothing surprises anymore with modern football. It would just be our luck to finally find the right man to lose him before he can get us up. If he did go, I really can't see us getting anyone proven like Bruce. Our best chance this season and in the near future is simply with a manager like Bruce. If he went, I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up with another bizarre appointment like Jos and with not long till the season starts, it would be disastrous and probably another season of playing catch up. I genuinely believe Bruce is the right man to get us up and to lose him would be a massive blow, that could set us back another few years. I really hope he stays and does the business here. 

3 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

Chris hughton would be a great appointment, 

I might be wrong but if Bruce left (I still don't think he will but if he did) I doubt we'd get anyone proven or decent? I don't think we'd get him and would more likely end up with some bizarre unknown cheap option? Bruce leaving would be disastrous. Let's hope he stays and sees the job through because we've got the right man for the job already and we're lucky to have him.

44 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

Bruce isn't going. Newcastle will struggle to get anyone decent after Rafa and whilst Ashley is still there? If he did, which he won't whilst Ashley is there, then we would really struggle to get anyone as proven as Bruce? We'd probably end up with a relative unknown again? Especially with the P&S/soft embargo issues.

I had a read that post in an Australian accent as there were question marks when there weren't any questions...

Bruce isn't going. - How do you know?

Newcastle will struggle to get anyone decent after Rafa and whilst Ashley is still there? - Correct, that's why they're apparently after Bruce, who hasn't managed in league for 5 years. 

If he did, which he won't whilst Ashley is there, then we would really struggle to get anyone as proven as Bruce? We'd probably end up with a relative unknown again? Especially with the P&S/soft embargo issues. - Not really, we'd get compensation and if we brought in Chris Hughton (which is who I suggested in my post) then we'd probably make money on the whole thing in the short term as he's not tied down (unless he's been put on gardening leave).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Owls2k said:

I had a read that post in an Australian accent as there were question marks when there weren't any questions...

Bruce isn't going. - How do you know?

Newcastle will struggle to get anyone decent after Rafa and whilst Ashley is still there? - Correct, that's why they're apparently after Bruce, who hasn't managed in league for 5 years. 

If he did, which he won't whilst Ashley is there, then we would really struggle to get anyone as proven as Bruce? We'd probably end up with a relative unknown again? Especially with the P&S/soft embargo issues. - Not really, we'd get compensation and if we brought in Chris Hughton (which is who I suggested in my post) then we'd probably make money on the whole thing in the short term as he's not tied down (unless he's been put on gardening leave).

Because as of yet there's nothing concrete. Just odds and speculation based on the odds. I'll eat my words and will be devastated if Bruce goes but I just can't see it, not after the way DC allowed him to have the time off he needed before taking charge. He's turned them down before, their fans would be against him before he even managed his first game. Whereas he's loved and respected here.

Ashley is a major factor too. I highly doubt Bruce and his family would want him to walk into a short term job, where the fans would be against him, in a similar way as Villa. And with a tiny budget in the richest League in Europe, where the owner seems to have little interest and just wants to plod along until he finds a buyer.

Do you honestly think, another proven manager would want to manage us if Bruce left, with the uncertainty of P&S/soft embargo and DC's lack of player sales, etc? Would a manager like Houghton or any other proven managers come here with no budget to work with? Any compensation, would probably go towards staying within P&S, whilst we'd probably have to go for another unknown cheap option like Jos?

I genuinely hope Bruce stays because if he does we might have a chance of being a dark horse surprisingly in the mix. If he goes, with not long till the season starts and in our situation with little hope of bringing in a suitable replacement, we could face a similar struggle as last season before Jos left. 

Edited by The Night-Owl