Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

54 minutes ago, james o connor said:

If they make him a sensible offer he will be off. Hometown club , bigger club, In a league above . No brainier really . Still surprised they want him though tbh 

They are rapidly running out of options. Hence the bookies see an opportunity to fleece those who part with their money easily.

Could be famous last words but there seems like nought to worry about unless they make an official approach. It's just speculation and conjecture on the bookies odds and Bruce seems to have just shrugged it off and carried on knuckling down with the job he's already got. Even if he's offered it would he go there as their 150th choice and with the fans against him from being our 1st choice and loved by our fans?

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Yeah, he's a statto. Only bets on Rugby union, never known him call it wrong. That season he got us all 20/1 for London Welsh to get relegated about 5 years ago was a highlight. 

But back to matters in hand, would you bet in this market unless you were given the right info ? 

I am horse racing would not say I never get it wrong but it is easy money. I packed in my IT job as I cold earn more. Only problem it is a solitary job mostly on line.

1 hour ago, sherlyegg said:

According to one footy writer, he will have a get-out clause, compo would be next to FA

Could be, but could also be more speculation. DC is notorious for overvaluing our assets, therefore reasonable to assume this extends to the manager

7 hours ago, The Night-Owl said:

Because as of yet there's nothing concrete. Just odds and speculation based on the odds. I'll eat my words and will be devastated if Bruce goes but I just can't see it, not after the way DC allowed him to have the time off he needed before taking charge. He's turned them down before, their fans would be against him before he even managed his first game. Whereas he's loved and respected here.

Ashley is a major factor too. I highly doubt Bruce and his family would want him to walk into a short term job, where the fans would be against him, in a similar way as Villa. And with a tiny budget in the richest League in Europe, where the owner seems to have little interest and just wants to plod along until he finds a buyer.

Do you honestly think, another proven manager would want to manage us if Bruce left, with the uncertainty of P&S/soft embargo and DC's lack of player sales, etc? Would a manager like Houghton or any other proven managers come here with no budget to work with? Any compensation, would probably go towards staying within P&S, whilst we'd probably have to go for another unknown cheap option like Jos?

I genuinely hope Bruce stays because if he does we might have a chance of being a dark horse surprisingly in the mix. If he goes, with not long till the season starts and in our situation with little hope of bringing in a suitable replacement, we could face a similar struggle as last season before Jos left. 

Because as of yet there's nothing concrete. - So you have no idea, like the rest of us!

Ashley is a major factor too. I highly doubt Bruce and his family would want him to walk into a short term job, where the fans would be against him, in a similar way as Villa. And with a tiny budget in the richest League in Europe, where the owner seems to have little interest and just wants to plod along until he finds a buyer. - Again conjecture, we don't know what Bruce wants, but Ashley being a fruitloop and Chansiri being a hilarious negotiator does work in our favour. He's apparently on a 1 year rolling deal here at £2 million a year, Rafa was on £6m a year at Newcaslte. I wouldn't be surprised if Bruce wants to go if he's offered a multi year deal there at the club he supports. Final crack at the prem with a big payout no matter how he performs. 

Do you honestly think, another proven manager would want to manage us if Bruce left, with the uncertainty of P&S/soft embargo and DC's lack of player sales, etc? - Yes, you seem to forget that we managed to attract Bruce.

Would a manager like Houghton or any other proven managers come here with no budget to work with? Any compensation, would probably go towards staying within P&S, whilst we'd probably have to go for another unknown cheap option like Jos? - 'Would probably', again you and I do not know for certain. But yes I think we'd be able to attract a good manager, especially as any compensation would help the current situation, although it'd help if we flogged a player... 

I genuinely hope Bruce stays because if he does we might have a chance of being a dark horse surprisingly in the mix. If he goes, with not long till the season starts and in our situation with little hope of bringing in a suitable replacement, we could face a similar struggle as last season before Jos left. - I agree, but I can see why he'd be tempted and I don't think we should stand in his way if we get a fair offer. 

2 minutes ago, Beholder said:

They were speculating about it on talksport this morning.

If he goes just get Hughton in. Be sad to see him go tho. 

He is the right fit for Wednesday. Not so sure if he is for Newcastle. Poisoned chalise.

Aye, that simple innit? What if Hughton doesn't want the job and prefers to wait for a more attractive proposition to come along? :blink:

• Thanks 1

Money talk’s and if he’s offered the chance he’ll probably go .

i just want a reporter in his press conference if he does go to ask “Steve , Sheffield Wednesday waited for you , gave you time for you to deal with your personal off the field issues when so many other clubs wouldn’t have  and showed you a loyalty from day one . Why leave ?”

2 minutes ago, striker said:

Could be, but could also be more speculation. DC is notorious for overvaluing our assets, therefore reasonable to assume this extends to the manager

You are assuming bruce would sign such an agreement. But as you say tis all speculation.

46 minutes ago, Beholder said:

He is the right fit for Wednesday. Not so sure if he is for Newcastle.

42 minutes ago, Beholder said:

He is the right fit for Wednesday. Not so sure if he is for Newcastle. Poisoned chalise.

7 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Terrible echo in this thread 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

Aye, that simple innit? What if Hughton doesn't want the job and prefers to wait for a more attractive proposition to come along? :blink:

Well its all hypothetical.

Would rather not speculate about the next manager when we still have Bruce. Just saying that if it did happen there would be options.

1 minute ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Anyone know what aired on talksport this morning?

Was just Brazil and the odds bloke form the bookies talking about Bruce's odds shortening from 20/1 to 6/4 in the space of a day.

Saying it suggests there is something in it, like he is on their list.