Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

25 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

If Garrido goes in wind milling later it's on lol

This could be key.

Slow news day at SSN combined with Owlstalk in need of a few extra hits as the kit saga slows down.

@owlstalk gets in touch with Garrido with a plan to send the site into meltdown and make Skybet some easy money.......... lol

1 minute ago, Mr. Tom said:

Survival?! WTF:

Have I missed summat here?

General impression seems to be Ashley is only interested in staying in the PL without spending much dosh. That sounds like a Pulis job to me.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Mr. Tom said:

Why does this remind me of when Darth Vader took his helmet off?

Also should we tell him he’s about to get run over

1) Yes.

2) No.

Edit: I may have misread your first question, 

:duntmatter:

Edited by areNOTwhatTHEYseem
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

General impression seems to be Ashley is only interested in staying in the PL without spending much dosh. That sounds like a Pulis job to me.

Ahhhh, sorry, yes I did miss summat - thought you were talking about us!

14 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

We had a match. So bruce and everyone will have been busy.

I wish. We have a lot of people at Wednesday who would be able to pour water on this very quickly if there was nothing going on. It would be in their interests to do so too.

3 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

It's quite possible Bruce has let it be known to Newcastle he'd be interested I suppose.

I was responding to a post implying local reporters were sitting on it 

Really find it hard to believe that a local journo would keep the story to himself on the understanding he will get an exclusive ,seeing as it would be splattered everywhere already 

4 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

I wish. We have a lot of people at Wednesday who would be able to pour water on this very quickly if there was nothing going on. It would be in their interests to do so too.

Why would it?

The ball is in Newcastle's court not ours.

Plus let's get one thing straight, Newcastle haven't made up their minds yet anyway and approached us so if they come out and said nowts going on then something does happen....

Edited by Birley Owl 1867

3 minutes ago, the monk said:

I was responding to a post implying local reporters were sitting on it 

Really find it hard to believe that a local journo would keep the story to himself on the understanding he will get an exclusive ,seeing as it would be splattered everywhere already 

Not suggesting they are sitting on it. But they would usually get a nod that there’s nothing going on from the club pretty quickly if it was misinformation. So it’s more of a “don’t know what’s going to happen so can’t report anything”

for now.

Is it likely he'll recruit a new fitness coach and then leave a week later. He will have been aware of the Newcastle situation for weeks, it was no secret to anyone who follows football that Rafa was on his way. 

No substance to the rumour, just a few mugs having a bet and Sky sports short of real stories. Time for us to chill out and come back tomorrow.

1 minute ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Why would it?

The ball is in Newcastle's court not ours.

Plus let's get one thing straight, Newcastle haven't made up their minds yet anyway and approached us so if they come out and said nowts going on then something does happen....

We don’t know who’s ball the court is in really do we. Or who’s spoken to who. 

Meanwhile our manager is reportedly Newcastle’s main target on sky and no one locally has said anything to the contrary. Which I think they would do if they got the nod to do so.

20 minutes ago, RichieB said:

IF he is only on a rolling 1 year deal then it's not very good from DC is it, putting a manager of Bruce's reputation on such a contract when this type of thing could always happen. 

IF it’s true then you never know who insisted upon it. But I’m sure I remember luhukay saying something similar.

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI

I miss the Jos days, when I could sleep safe in the knowledge that no club would try and poach our manager...

Personally I think immediately scrabbling to swat down a rumour within half a day would seem a bit undignified. I’m not reading much into the fact we’ve said nowt publicly yet. Have the club even been asked directly in any official capacity, do we know?