Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

do you want a 50p bag? or a "£2 perma bag m8?''

wot about a drinks bottle? 2 for a fiver 3 for a poooooouuuunnndd.

1 day i went in there i sed do ya sell cricket bats, do ya do ya eh eh eh? she said, errrrrrrr no cos this is a sports shop init!

n looked at me like i was a reyt fick get. 

i wunt mind but i dint even want a cricket bat, just wondered what tat they passed off as cricket bats, noticed they do sell some crap ones tho init, 

ashley cant offer tuna sarnies tho tbf n that, could make the difference. 

well 2moz might not be friday but there cud well be a $hitstorm abrewin.

5 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Like many transfers, I don’t think a club gets approached first as they should do without sounding out a manager or their rep.

Yes usually the agent and player are sounded out first to see if there's interest and any release clauses in the contract they can use. Will be the same with the manager.

The bookies are rarely wrong, let's hope they are this time. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Night-Owl said:

Quite a few have distanced themselves from the job and ruled themselves out already, probably because of not wanting to work with Ashley?

The media and bookies have run out of credible alternatives, so throwing Bruce's name into the hat creates 24h of news. 

One thing that is likely is that their tight fisted chairman won't spend money on a marquee appointment, so the likes of Bruce could be on his list. But that will apply to several names. 

3 minutes ago, GY-owl.4 said:

1 day i went in there i sed do ya sell cricket bats, do ya do ya eh eh eh? she said, errrrrrrr no cos this is a sports shop init!

i wunt mind but i dint even want a cricket bat, just wondered what tat they passed off as cricket bats, noticed they do sell some crap ones tho init, 

ashley cant offer tuna sarnies tho tbf n that, could make the difference. 

well 2moz might not be friday but there cud well be a $hitstorm abrewin.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GY-owl.4 said:

Damn, I was going to say that

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

A week is a long time in politics but even longer in football. 

If he wants to go we shouldn't stand in his way if we get some good compo out it. 

We should be on the blower to Chris Hughton already if this is going ahead, he'd be ideal. 

Bruce isn't going. Newcastle will struggle to get anyone decent after Rafa and whilst Ashley is still there? If he did, which he won't whilst Ashley is there, then we would really struggle to get anyone as proven as Bruce? We'd probably end up with a relative unknown again? Especially with the P&S/soft embargo issues.

i think the fact the toon fans are up in arms about it makes it more likely to happen!

SB probably wasnt even on Ashleys radar till tonight, now ashley will do it for badness, its the kind of w@nka he is.

Edited by GY-owl.4

4 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

The media and bookies have run out of credible alternatives, so throwing Bruce's name into the hat creates 24h of news. 

One thing that is likely is that their tight fisted chairman won't spend money on a marquee appointment, so the likes of Bruce could be on his list. But that will apply to several names. 

Aye but hopefully a new name tomorrow

• Thanks 1

Guest LondonOwl313

Can’t see why they’d want him. Would imagine we’d be due a couple of million in compensation, plus he’d want an uplift on his rumoured £40k a week salary. So in all

likelihood, he would cost more than they were paying Benitez. Plenty of other stop gap type managers available on frees. Would expect them to go for a foreign coach if looking to build something long term.

If they are in for him though, it’s a no brainer for him to go with it being a PL club, his own team and one with possibly fewer financial constraints 

1 minute ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Can’t see why they’d want him. Would imagine we’d be due a couple of million in compensation, plus he’d want an uplift on his rumoured £40k a week salary. So in all

likelihood, he would cost more than they were paying Benitez. Plenty of other stop gap type managers available on frees. Would expect them to go for a foreign coach if looking to build something long term.

If they are in for him though, it’s a no brainer for him to go with it being a PL club, his own team and one with possibly fewer financial constraints 

Whoever does go there, will probably not be there long, they will probably be just a stop gap option and a short term appointment. Due to Ashley and their fanbase, whether they sell up or not.

The worry is that Ashley is a cheap knt and Bruce represents a cheap, viable alternative who happens to be a Geordie so therefore mitigates a lot of the vitriol of appointing a journeyman manager who has got decent pedigree whilst still bouncing between Champ and Prem. 

Jeez that's the longest sentence I've ever written.