Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

28 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

I also don't think Westwood would have signed a new contract if bruce leaving was in the air.

Do you not think that even though the players would be gutted if he left, they would also look at it philosophically and understand the chance of a job in PL at a biggish club would be something that not many would turn down if they were in the same position? 

Guest mkowl
27 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

Yeah but not what I was alluding to. Whilst Bruce is still here with the work he's doing and his staff, we've got a chance. If that's all halted before the season starts, with not long before the window shuts and still worries about P&S and things, that would be a nightmare start to the season, almost like last season in a way?

I have a very pragmatic view that nothing surprises me in football anymore and certainly don't expect loyalty.

I don't disagree it would be a shocker 4 weeks pre the season starting but sod all you can do about it..

Learnt the hard way with Atkinson in 91 but life carries on.

1 minute ago, marshy said:

I really dread to think who D C would get in if the unthinkable happens.

Hughton would be most people’s first choice... I’d rather keep Bruce though. As you say, it could be anyone going on DC’s track record. I really hope there’s nothing in this, losing Bruce would be a disaster 

Just now, vulva said:

As much as i’d take the Lincoln lads, I’ve always thought it inevitable that Nigel Pearson would get this job eventually, and this might be the time. 

The time for what ?  Appointing an absolute loose cannon ?

If he’s offered it he’ll go. No doubt about it

Its a no lose for him. He’s probably already financially secure. If he’s a success then he’d be revered and if it goes Pete tong then it will be Ashley’s fault. No brainier 

7 minutes ago, Quist said:

Imake my living gambling too. I am a mathematician and if you are good with numbers its an easy life and all profits are tax free.

Yeah, he's a statto. Only bets on Rugby union, never known him call it wrong. That season he got us all 20/1 for London Welsh to get relegated about 5 years ago was a highlight. 

But back to matters in hand, would you bet in this market unless you were given the right info ? 

12 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Got a bad feeling about this...

Just get that sense.

Get a grip. We've had weeks of moaning that there was no news coming out of S6 and now everyone is reaching for their potties.

Edited by Sergeant Tibbs

No doubt that Newcastle are a big pull. But I just can’t see him joining a club who could quite easily sack him in a couple of months if/when a new owner takes over.....unless this billionaire has already sounded him out, which would be unlikely Imo.