Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

20 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

"We had to suspend betting on the former Manchester United captain having seen him priced at 50/1 in the morning and backed at all levels down to 1/5."

But Paddy Power are still offering 5/4 and Coral 6/4 for the Geordie to be the next manager on Tyneside.

Bruce is currently in Portugal on Sheff Wed's pre-season tour with the Owls taking on Shrewsbury Town in the Algarve this evening.

My brother made a lot of money from gambling. He invested in a small start up on-line betting company. Knows very little about gambling, main job is working in a foreign bank in London. When I asked him why he did it, his answer was "there are a lot of idiots out there, willing to part with their money".  

He's right tho isn't he, and he never told me how much he made, but he took us all to Morocco with the change.

5 minutes ago, vulva said:

99% of footballers will sign for whoever gives them the most money. 

I agree in 99% of cases but if Westwood thought there was a chance Wednesday could be managed by someone like Jos again as early as July then I think he would have looked elsewhere!

However, I also think Bruce had no intention of going anywhere else when Westwood did actually put pen to paper a few weeks ago.....

It would be just our luck to finally get the right man in and then lose him but hopefully this time will be different. I'm clinging onto the hope that Bruce will stay and at least see out his first full season due to way DC allowed Bruce to take time off after a difficult time.

Edited by The Night-Owl

2 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

How long’s Bruce’s contract? Is it just a rolling one year deal?

1 minute ago, Kanye West said:

Thats what the Newcastle Chronicle said in their article earlier. 

Had a look online but can't find anything on it other than that bit in the chronicle. Bruce did say in interview when he signed that he would like to be here 3, 4 or even 5 years. Seems a bit odd that it would be a rolling 1-year given that it started in February.

1 minute ago, TINKERBELL said:

My really honest thoughts on this.

Bruce will stay

Just a gut feeling 

I'm not sure he'll even be offered the job. I'm pretty sure Mclaren was trading at short odds to be our manager after Carlos, even tho he turned us down. 

:duntmatter:

SSN just churning out the same old story with a different graphic every half hour...

’Newcastle are considering Steve Bruce as their next manager.’

No substance in their reports AT ALL.

Edited by owlZfan84

11 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

My brother made a lot of money from gambling. He invested in a small start up on-line betting company. Knows very little about gambling, main job is working in a foreign bank in London. When I asked him why he did it, his answer was "there are a lot of idiots out there, willing to part with their money".  

He's right tho isn't he, and he never told me how much he made, but he took us all to Morocco with the change.

Imake my living gambling too. I am a mathematician and if you are good with numbers its an easy life and all profits are tax free.

3 minutes ago, owlZfan84 said:

SSN just churning out the same old story with a different graphic every half hour...

’Newcastle are considering Steve Bruce as their next manager.’

No substance in their reports AT ALL.

Thought they had a source who says Bruce is being considered, the way the betting market has gone at all betting companies suggests it’s real that he may be offered the job soon