Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

3 minutes ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

I love the way people are slagging Newcastle off and Bruce and literally in the same comment say we should do the same thing to Barnsley, Lincoln, or Preston (no thanks on that one BTW)

Well if he goes we need a manager... to them we will be a step up and we will need a manager ASAP. Only problem is, we wont have the pulling power like we have with Bruce. I'd like a manager with similar profile but where do you find one?

Guest Theboylangers
4 minutes ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

I love the way people are slagging Newcastle off and Bruce and literally in the same comment say we should do the same thing to Barnsley, Lincoln, or Preston (no thanks on that one BTW)

As someone pointed out earlier, we can take the moral high ground over the Bruce situation but unless we get a manager who is currently unemployed, we will be doing exactly what Newcastle have done.

I don't understand some people putting the onus on DC. There is a contract with a compensation clause. Everyone who needs to know know about it. This was in place when DC gave the go ahead for talks. So therefore a number was agreed upon. SB knows Ashley knew before meeting SB.

The onus is directly on Cashley. Come up with the money SB is yours. Don't we carry on as normal.

I'm sure SB is aware of this.

No compromise. Not 1p less.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, capetownowl said:

I don't understand some people putting the onus on DC. There is a contract with a compensation clause. Everyone who needs to know know about it. This was in place when DC gave the go ahead for talks. So therefore a number was agreed upon. SB knows Ashley knew before meeting SB.

The onus is directly on Cashley. Come up with the money SB is yours. Don't we carry on as normal.

exactly this and this is the reason imho that Bruce as said what he has today , shameful

25 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

Hughton's record at this level is very good.

There are positives and doubts about him. Might be minimal change, similar record and pedigree. On the other hand do we really need another manager near the end of their career, possibly looking for one of their last pay days or someone possibly on the decline? 

That's why if and when Bruce goes, I'd consider going for younger managers in the EFL on the rise. Someone hungry and someone we can plan long term with.

As if hughtons looking for a lay pay day. He’s been managing for about 10 years if that. 

Even Bruce is still young really at 58. 

2 minutes ago, capetownowl said:

this is the key - we are assuming there a figure in the contract, but all I've seen is what the current 1yr deal is worth.

If there is a figure, then Ashley needs to pay, and good on DC for holding out, but the stalemate will cause the club damage.

If there's no actual figure, it's simply a discussion over valuations and both sides are equally responsible for the outcome.

On 11/07/2019 at 14:55, vulva said:

The issue and story here is the length of time in the job, the narrative of how DC stood by him when he wanted time out to deal with other issues and the timing so close to the season. 

Had he been here for 2 years and this has come up, it would have received a totally different reaction. 

But if he'd been here 2 years we'd have been challenging for the champions League innit 

1 hour ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Thing is, I think Bruce genuinely still wants to be here.

Had it been anyone but newcastle he wouldn't have been interested

rubbish. Steve Bruce will always be man united

• Like 1

May as well say it,get it off my chest and take the flak. Steve Bruce is only ever interested in Steve Bruce,always has been and always will be. The jury was out for me when we appointment him because his track record of loyalty to clubs leaves a lot to be desired.I came round and bought in to what he was trying to achieve in turning us round after the Jos disaster. We are now in a difficult situation because of that loyalty issue.

If he goes he goes,if he stays he stays but at what cost to many fans trust in him.

As a Wednesday fan I I always think that you would do anything to have the top job of managing Wednesday. Saying that loyalty and morals are big for me, like if (when) we get to the champions league final i didn't get a ticket but walking to the game anyway, i see a fellow Wednesday fan has dropped his ticket. My first thought would be pick it up I'm going to the game but morals take over and I give him the ticket. I'm gutted that im not going but more than happy that I've done the right thing. Long way of saying Bruce should do the right thing and stay to finish what he's started here.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sweetsheri said:

Bruce comments today leave a bad taste for me 

“ I want to leave, I just need Wednesday to accept less compensation then I’m off”

Really hope DC digs in here.

I hope he doesn't dig too much and we get stuck with with the fickle bugger

Just now, Ellis Rimmer said:

I hope he doesn't dig too much and we get stuck with with the fickle bugger

Just pay what’s due. If MA wants him that badly he will. However, I suspect he doesn’t given Bruce is about no5 choice