Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

Terrible situation. Newcastle and completely turned his head, without actually being willing to pay a reasonable fee, just expected £1m to be enough. Can tell why they lack any sort of class as a club. 

We need to be on the phone to Chris Hughton, I’m purely gutted, I get he wants the job so no hard feelings but we need to resolve this quickly now.

1 minute ago, vulva said:

DC needs to compromise quickly or Newcastle will change their mind, and we will end up with a manager who doesn’t want to be here, or no manager at all. 

Compromise at what though? Why should we lower our price when negotiating with one of the wealthiest clubs in the country? 

5 minutes ago, vulva said:

DC needs to compromise quickly or Newcastle will change their mind, and we will end up with a manager who doesn’t want to be here, or no manager at all. 

I get where you are coming from, but screw being bent over by Ashley, he either pays what we want or doesn't

This is all putting the club into disrepute. 

He would clearly have liked to have been announced as Newcastle's manager by now, and boarding the plane for China. Instead he's going through the motions at Lincoln waving at the fans bizarrely singing his name.

Not sure there's any way back after these comments, as truthful as they may be.

We need to get the compo sorted and move on. God knows what will happen if Ashley and DC spin this out another week.

2 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Compromise at what though? Why should we lower our price when negotiating with one of the wealthiest clubs in the country? 

Gone beyond that. The issue with this hard stance by DC is that Bruce wants to go. It’s time to take a deal and ship him out asap, otherwise this will drag on longer, and bugger our season up. 

IF he does leave for Newcastle how will fans feel if we poach a manager from another club?  Would they be comfortable by Wednesday using the same tactics as Newcastle? How will they feel about a manager walking out on his present club to come to Hillsborough knowing that he had no loyalty so could fesabile walk out on Wednesday at the drop of a hat.

Will they be able justify Wednesday doing it? 

Morality can be a bit of bugger

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Animis said:

This is all putting the club into disrepute. 

He would clearly have liked to have been announced as Newcastle's manager by now, and boarding the plane for China. Instead he's going through the motions at Lincoln waving at the fans bizarrely singing his name.

Not sure there's any way back after these comments, as truthful as they may be.

We need to get the compo sorted and move on. God knows what will happen if Ashley and DC spin this out another week.

Newcastle won’t wait that long. So there is a trade off. We either call their bluff and hold out for the money or risk being stuck with a disillusioned gaffer.

Ashley will wait and wait. He isn't that bothered, he wants to sell.

We on the other hand need to plan, so waiting basically brings the compo down.

Bruce could resign and then try to move but by doing that he ends his contract, if we agree a deal with him still employed he will be paid up, fat c\/.nt

1 minute ago, Jonboy27 said:

I agree. And if they don’t pay what we are asking for then he goes nowhere. We keep him and move on. That in turn tells Bruce it’s off because Cashley wouldn’t stump up. 

Keep an unhappy manager who doesn't want to be here?

1 minute ago, Mycroft said:

IF he does leave for Newcastle how will fans feel if we poach a manager from another club?  Would they be comfortable by Wednesday using the same tactics as Newcastle? How will they feel about a manager walking out on his present club to come to Hillsborough knowing that he had no loyalty so could fesabile walk out on Wednesday at the drop of a hat.

Will they be able justify Wednesday doing it? 

Morality can be a bit of bugger

I would hope Wednesday would find out the correct compensation from the club firstly and then decide if they was willing to move forward with an approach. Not turn the managers head behind the clubs back and then be unwilling to pay what the club reasonably requests. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, vulva said:

Nah.  fizz him. 

Either they pay what he's worth or he can stay and do his job like the professional he supposedly is. 

fizz getting pushed around by the likes of Newcastle and Leicester City. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, vulva said:

I'm sure he did/does want to be here until a chance to manage the team he supports came up.. If Ashley n NCFC decide the compo is too much and goes elsewhere, it means the team he supports don't want him no more. 

One small interview and our fans have gone from wanting to hold out for proper compensation to getting rid at all costs, a ploy from Bruce.

Rightly or wrongly I very much doubt Chansiri will be swayed as easily. Knowing him it'll just harden his position.

Wow. This is madness. Just when I finally think we can put it behind us, now he comes out with this. So many twists. If he wants to go, then let's let him just go. Can't believe why he would want to go to a club ran by Ashley and where the fans are so against him. We need to get on with preparing for the season ahead. When he goes, I'd ignore old managers looking for one of their last big pay days. I'd go for a younger up and coming EFL manager on the rise. For me we should go for someone like Alex Neil, Daniel Stendel or the Cowley Brothers, and let's do things properly and plan long term. But bottom line in all this, hats off to DC for standing firm over the compo and shame on Ashley and Bruce.

Edited by The Night-Owl