Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

Just now, RichieB said:

Those saying we should now do the deal to get him gone, what if Ashley has only offered £1m for Bruce and his staff, and has refused go higher. Should we just bend over and take it? Nah thanks. 

So SB remains our manager for the difference of a £1m or so - is that what it has come to?

I respect DC for holding out - but it's not the money for him, it's the honor and respect. 

SB wants to go - where's the honor in that?

Can't believe why anyone would stick up for Bruce after this. He's made it clear he wants out, he's trying to force DC's hand after the respect and patience DC showed him in allowing him time off before he came here. Bruce is a disloyal greedy snake. Shame on Ashley and Bruce using the media to bully DC into backing down. DC is right to stand firm against them over compo. If Newcastle wart him, then pay up, they can afford it. Hope it's over with soon. We need to move on and find a replacement and someone who wants to be here.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Well, one way or another, I don't want Steve Bruce in the dugout against Reading.

A manager who wants out? Not for me.

Just ensure we get a reasonable amount from Fat Ashley and move on.

Our attention should be on the start of this season, not whether Mr Potatohead gets his *dream* job. 

And what if a 'reasonable amount' is not offered? 

3 minutes ago, Daz said:

I would not allow a contracted manager to go and speak with any potential new employer unless compensation had been agreed in advance. 

Letting them speak before this has created a mess - a manager who looks like he is disloyal and who doesn't want to be here, and an agitated fanbase on the eve of the season, due to uncertainty and lack of trust in the manager.

Agree the compensation up front and then let them talk.. if they can't agree compensation with you they have no right to speak with someone else's contracted employee.

Come on,  you don’t seriously believe they wouldn’t have already spoken do you 

Chansiri knows there’s only so much he can do to stop him going, but he also knows he can play hard ball and that’s exactly what he’s doing 

8 minutes ago, Daz said:

I would not allow a contracted manager to go and speak with any potential new employer unless compensation had been agreed in advance. 

Letting them speak before this has created a mess - a manager who looks like he is disloyal and who doesn't want to be here, and an agitated fanbase on the eve of the season, due to uncertainty and lack of trust in the manager.

Agree the compensation up front and then let them talk.. if they can't agree compensation with you they have no right to speak with someone else's contracted employee.

Absolutely - this either suggests DC expected Ashley to pay the compo if they wanted SB, or had some assurance from Charnley that they would prior to DC giving permission for SB to talk.

If the former, he may have been naïve.

7 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

And what if a 'reasonable amount' is not offered? 

Well, then we have a big decision to make.

Unfortunately, whilst I'm fully in support of Chansiri rinsing Ashley, I fear there will come a point where he has to meet him somewhere in the middle. 

4 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Come on,  you don’t seriously believe they wouldn’t have already spoken do you 

Chansiri knows there’s only so much he can do to stop him going, but he also knows he can play hard ball and that’s exactly what he’s doing 

Of course they can and will speak secretly. That's impossible to stop. But we gave Bruce permission to go and speak, without first having agreed compensation. 

Media can only speculate about secret meetings, but once a meeting is official there is no hiding place. We all know we gave Bruce permission, we all know he wants to go there, and now we have the compensation battle being played in the public eye while we wait to see who blinks first. That could have been avoided by agreeing the compensation package first.

3 minutes ago, Animis said:

Absolutely - this either suggests DC expected Ashley to pay the compo if they wanted SB, or had some assurance from Charnley that they would prior to DC giving permission for SB to talk.

Yes...

The whole thing is becoming increasingly Catch 22. 

34 minutes ago, S1Owl said:

I'm sure he did/does want to be here until a chance to manage the team he supports came up.. If Ashley n NCFC decide the compo is too much and goes elsewhere, it means the team he supports don't want him no more. 

^^^^

Absolutely this!! 

Once Bruce is gone I'd steer clear of managers near the end of their career, steer clear of greedy mercenaries and steer clear of obscure managers with no EFL experience. I'd go for a younger manager in the EFL. If possible, I'd go for someone like Alex Neil or Daniel Stendel, and build something properly, long term with a forward thinking appointment.

5 minutes ago, Animis said:

Lets face it, its not like MA to lie, he is a man of honour:Sid:

19 minutes ago, Daz said:

totally agree this protocol Daz -  but has it been established that we let him speak with them or has he just done it ?

5 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Thing is, I think Bruce genuinely still wants to be here.

Had it been anyone but newcastle he wouldn't have been interested

I think you are deluded. (no offence intended).

Bruce has had his head turned, he wants away and has made it clear. Ashley pays up or Bruce stays. DC then has to decide if he replaces Bruce and puts him on gardening leave until the end of his contract or leaves him in charge. I suspect it will be gardening leave, the trust has gone now.