Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

If he comes out and says: "yes, we've had discussions. It is a top club and I thought it only right to talk to them, but that's as far as it is gone for now and I'm the Sheffield Wednesday manager and have got a job to do..."

But no, he basically said "I want to go and will when the clubs reach a compromise..."

Clearly, done to wind up the fans and put the pressure on Chansiri. 

3 minutes ago, vulva said:

Winnall, Joao, Fox, Baker, Wildsmith, Nuhui, Van Aken, Pelupessy, Stobbs.

Thats 9 without thinking, and I’d add FF into the mix as well. 

Wildsmith, Baker and Stobbs will rarely make the bench next season so that's a bit of a mute point in terms of first team impact.

Can't argue with needing upgrades on Fox, Van Aken and Pelupessy but again looking at the other players we had available today those 3 are unlikely to be more than peripheral players.

At least two of the strikers need to go. I would sell the ones that would give us the best deal financially though its obviously dependent on clubs wanting them.

I think you are setting the bar too high if you expect us to get 3 players that are consistent 9 out of 10 performers before the season starts regardless of who our manager is. There aren't many of those about at this level as it is.

4 minutes ago, SiJ said:

If he comes out and says: "yes, we've had discussions. It is a top club and I thought it only right to talk to them, but that's as far as it is gone for now and I'm the Sheffield Wednesday manager and have got a job to do..."

But no, he basically said "I want to go and will when the clubs reach a compromise..."

Clearly, done to wind up the fans and put the pressure on Chansiri. 

He intentionally wound the fans up, yeah right. Did you listen to the other half of the interview where he praised us in heaps?

People are reading way too much into what he said. He wants to leave, get over it. We aren’t Real Madrid.

4 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

He intentionally wound the fans up, yeah right. Did you listen to the other half of the interview where he praised us in heaps?

People are reading way too much into what he said. He wants to leave, get over it. We aren’t Real Madrid.

Yes, I listened to it and that was my interpretation.

Praised us in heaps?

False platitudes and hollow words imo. 

And no, I don't think we are Real Madrid. I do think we should be treated better than we have been though.

Anyway - I'll leave you to get back to slagging off the club, chairman and so forth. Or just telling us all *how it is* etc. 

Edited by SiJ

Must be a right kick in the teeth to DC! As others stated he allowed SB time off before joining the club. Maybe DC went to the stocksbridge game instead of Lincoln as he couldn’t face to see SB! 

SB has form with this sort of thing! Whilst he’s built optimism around the club who couldn’t after Jos and there’s other managers out there who’d be willing to give all for this great club and are good enough to take us up! 

Get maximum compensation and move onwards and upwards! 

8 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Yes, I listened to it and that was my interpretation.

Praised us in heaps?

False platitudes and hollow words imo. 

And no, I don't think we are Real Madrid. I do think we should be treated better than we have been though.

Anyway - I'll leave you to get back to slagging off the club, chairman and so forth. Or just telling us all *how it is* etc. 

Only ‘false platitudes’ because you’ve made your mind up. 

5 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Only ‘false platitudes’ because you’ve made your mind up. 

A bit like when you decided that Bruce's departure was entirely Chansiris fault? 

I’d imagine Bruce n Agnew didn’t go on team coach as would be quite awkward.

clemence bullen n haslam were at stocksbridge and I didn’t really notice Bully talk much to clemence. 

Bruce has shown his hand in the interview today without trying to say the wrong thing but ballsed it up a bit.

as chansiri showed with young hirsty that he doesn’t bow down to anyone and doesn’t necessarily need the money so will do all he can to make it awkward for Fat boy n cabbage patch kid. 

And so he should. Good on him. Will have my backing all the way. Loyalty goes a long way in my book n I reckon Chansiri is that way out too. Dig your heels in DC n get full compo n feck the pair of em. 

Reet pee’d me off nah n I loved what SB was doing for us. 

Yep, one way or the other SB won't be managing swfc team affairs by next week.DC will either get HIS fee or SB will likely resign. If the latter occurs then Newcastle will be in for a long wait for SB as manager because DC is unlikely to accept it. A spell of gardening beckons I think.

10 minutes ago, Yellowbelly said:

Quite amazingly the Bruce situation seems to be going some way towards uniting the fan base behind the Chairman. 

he wont give a rat's behind  whether i do or don't  but yes in my case it has, which in no way covers up misgivings and previous staff leaving but I am unashamedly 100% behind him in this 

I've heard he tried his best to give everything to bruce he wanted  and still he gets shafted 

1 minute ago, steelowl said:

I've heard he tried his best to give everything to bruce he wanted  and still he gets shafted 

For all of Chansiri's faults, I've always being under the impression that he will back his managers.

Just now, SiJ said:

For all of Chansiri's faults, I've always being under the impression that he will back his managers.

Very loyal as well. Kept hold of both Carlos and Jos well past their sell by date, and with Jos in particular against the wishes of the vast majority of the fanbase. 

54 minutes ago, vulva said:

Very loyal as well. Kept hold of both Carlos and Jos well past their sell by date, and with Jos in particular against the wishes of the vast majority of the fanbase. 

Yea I think he takes things too personally but on this occasion he is right to do so, he won't back down whatever happens.

19 minutes ago, Big Jack said:

Yea I think he takes things too personally but on this occasion he is right to do so, he won't back down whatever happens.

Yep, that he does , and he will learn I feel 

But for me what you cannot question is how much he loves this football club , and he deserves our support for that alone 

Dave Allen and even Milan Manderic would NOT be fighting Sheffield Wednesdays corner like D.C. is right now, the money he gets from this compensation goes into the black hole not his personal pocket 

2 hours ago, vulva said:

I wonder if he said you're fired get lost, I've changed my mind you ain't getting what's in your contract...but I may negotiate?

The interview doesn’t say much in my opinion. Not much he can say, but right to say it’s out of his hands. Doesn’t want to burn his bridges here, can’t deny his interest there.

Question is still whether Ashley will stump up the full compensation or not.

I think as far as Bruce’s ‘dream job’ goes. You’ve got to understand this in the context that his dream job is, and always has been the Man Utd job. Now it might seem very unlikely he would ever get it, but football managers are known for their egos, and he’s seen a lesser manager in Solskjaer get the chance.

You could probably plot a path from Newcastle to Man Utd in a couple of years if everything goes miraculously well for Bruce and Man Utd continue to struggle - stablise Newcastle in the Prem in year one, tilt at European places and a domestic cup in year two, suddenly he’s in the frame and shown he can do it at a ‘big’ club.

Two miraculous years at Wednesday would probably constitute a promotion and then 15th-17th place finish - that wouldn’t get him on the radar and he would still be seen as a good Championship manager and relegation battler in the Prem.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Emerson Thome said:

The interview doesn’t say much in my opinion. Not much he can say, but right to say it’s out of his hands. Doesn’t want to burn his bridges here, can’t deny his interest there.

Question is still whether Ashley will stump up the full compensation or not.

I think as far as Bruce’s ‘dream job’ goes. You’ve got to understand this in the context that his dream job is, and always has been the Man Utd job. Now it might seem very unlikely he would ever get it, but football managers are known for their egos, and he’s seen a lesser manager in Solskjaer get the chance.

You could probably plot a path from Newcastle to Man Utd in a couple of years if everything goes miraculously well for Bruce and Man Utd continue to struggle - stablise Newcastle in the Prem in year one, tilt at European places and a domestic cup in year two, suddenly he’s in the frame and shown he can do it at a ‘big’ club.

Two miraculous years at Wednesday would probably constitute a promotion and then 15th-17th place finish - that wouldn’t get him on the radar and he would still be seen as a good Championship manager and relegation battler in the Prem.

That's a well written point or two.

On the other hand, Ashley's taking the pi55 out of Bruce and he's only there as a cheap stop gap until he flogs the club and a new gaffer is brought in.
Bruce might be there 4 months and then he's sacked.

At the end of the day. If Bruce was good enough...... he'd already be in the prem

Edited by quinnssweetshop